Chapter 2 -- I can transform?! The seven members finally meet, chu!! (Part 2)

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

"EEEEEEEEEEHH?!?!?!"

I looked at the outfit I was suddenly transformed into. It didn’t even feel like my clothes disappeared or changed.

It was like a split second had passed.

"I… transformed!"

"So, I see you have one of the Heart fragments in your possession."

"Huh?"

"If you don’t mind, I’ll be taking it now." The weird white-haired guy, Kaiba, rushed up and tried to grab me, but then Mariko blocked him.

"I’ll take care of him! Mako, you defeat the wolf!"

"You want me to beat THAT?!" I looked at the large beast as it growled at me.

I guess I have to…

Something rang in my head that told me what to do.

I placed my hand on top of the heart pendant on my belt. It glowed brightly and a sword came out.

"Woah…"

I stared at the wolf as it raised its claw to attack me.

My body suddenly moved on its own and slashed its claw, causing its red blood to spatter out.

I swung the sword again and scratched its eye, leaving a large scar on it.
Kaiba sneered at me and ran towards me, about to attack.

"Mako-chan!"

Without thinking, I swung the sword and slashed his face. Specifically, his eye, the same spot where I hit the wolf.

He hissed and summoned the wolf to his side.

"This isn’t the end." he said before disappearing.

"Mako-chan!" Miki and Nana ran up to my side. I saw my clothes flash a bit and I was transformed back into my normal clothes.

"That’s amazing!"

I smiled as they cheered for me, and I saw Mariko nod, saying that she thought I did good.

"Guys…" I looked back and saw the four other girls, backed against the wall, with shocked expressions.

"What was… that?!"

"Can someone please explain what just happened?!"

"Mako-chan~!"

"Uh…"

…..

"Understand now, girls?" Mariko sat down on the couch with two other women. I remembered them from the auditions.

"Uh… so, we’re… *mahou shoujo?"

"We have super powers…"

"And that person… He was after something?"

"Yes," Mariko responded as she crossed her legs. "The Heart fragments."

"Heart fragments?"

"They belong to the previous Goddess of Music, *Muse-sama."

"M-Muse?!"

"Isn’t that, like, a huge burden?"

Mariko shook her head and showed us her sword, covered up beautifully in its case.

"I’m a miko. I was chosen for this."

"What about you two?" Mio asked, pointing to the other women.

"My name’s Oshima Yuko," the one with the squirrel like teeth said. "I’m a junior samurai under Mariko’s teachings, and also a *tanuki."

"Tanuki?"

"A tanuki is a half-human, half-raccoon being that can transform into anyone." Ryouha said.

Oh, that was kinda… kakkoii.

"And I’m Umeda Ayaka," the orange haired girl said, "I’m a *kitsune."

"Kitsune?"

"A kitsune is a fox demon who can also take human form. Most have spiritual powers are described as *onmyouji."

Again, kakkoii.

"So, like, *Abe no Seimei?"

"She’s actually a long descendent of Abe-san, right, Ume-chan?" Yuko said as she laid her head on Ayaka’s shoulder.

"Un. That’s right."

"Eh~?"

"The three of us will be your protectors."

I nodded, all of us bowing down to them slightly and smiling.

"Hey, don’t be so uptight, girls. We’ll have fun with this." Yuko giggled. "In fact, I have a surprise…"

"Eh? What is it?"

"It’s not finished yet. But it will be soon."

"Right now, it’s time for you guys to start training. Not just idol training, but magic and combat training."

"Eh?!"

Uh-oh… what’s going to happen now?

===============================

Footnotes

*1. Mahou shoujo - Magical girls; Young girls, usually in their teens, who are given magical powers in order to defeat enemies that normal people cannot.

*2. Muse - The Goddess of Music. She is the Queen of a special realm, but after being attacked by the Maou(Demon King), she used her powers to preserve her heart and scatter the fragments of them down to Earth.

*3. Tanuki - A supernatural being that represents a raccoon-dog. They can take human form, but also transform into anyone. They are mischievous and can cause trouble.

*4. Kitsune - A fox demon that can also take human form. They are very wise beings, but can also do bad if someone angers them.

*5. Onmyouji - A term used for someone who performs ancient forms of exorcism.

*6. Abe no Seimei - A legendary onmyouji who was said to have a human father and fox mother. He is able to conjure spirits and exorcise demons with very powerful, ancient methods.