Chapter 7 -- Responsibility as the oldest! Nagisa's ALL-OUT mode, chu!! (Part 2)

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

“Mako?” The three of them looked at the small child in their hands, who looked no older than 6 or 7. “Is that really you?”

“Un!”

“EH?!”

There was no doubt about it. Even though she was a child and her clothes somehow shrunk with her, this was definitely Kojima Mako.

“But, how?”

“Mako-chan~” They all looked and saw two other girls tugging on Nagisa’s shirt.

“Nee-chan, we wanna play!”

“No way…” Nagisa took a careful look at their clothes and behavior. “Nana? Miki?”

Mako jumped down and hugged both her friends. Yup, they were definitely them. In between Mako’s bright and cheery personality, Miki’s wild and loud actions, and Nana trying to calm the two, nothing else about them seem to change.

Ayaka then saw a child sticking her head out to look at them, but then hid again. They walked over and when they saw the long hair covering her face, they instantly knew.

“Ryouha.”

“Ryouha-tan, it’s okay. It’s just us.”

“…” No response.

“Come on, girl. Can you tell us what happened? How did you and the others become children?”

“What..? Who are you?”

“Eh?”

“I’m sorry, onee-chan. I don’t know who you are.”

“No way. They don’t remember us. Then that means…”

Nagisa’s thoughts were interrupted by a loud cry. Shaking a bit, she looked over at another section of the office, where a gift basket filled with sweets were sitting on the table.

And lying on the couch was a baby wrapped in a small blanket and wearing orange pajamas. Beside her was a toddler, probably the age of 3, dressed in a light pink dress.

“You gotta be kidding me…” Nagisa said to herself.

“How did this happen?!”

Yuko saw the gift basket and looked closely at the card. She sniffed it and a familiar scent of perfume entered her nose. She turned the card and saw a red kiss mark on the paper.

“Isako… she cursed these sweets!”

“Looks like they ate a good number of it.”

Even though she knew what was going on, Nagisa still found it strange how Mio and Meru became babies while the others are children. Maybe it’s because they were the two youngest, or maybe they ate the most.

Either way, now six of the seven were toddlers and they needed to calm them down somehow, otherwise, this wouldn’t do well for Tentomu chu’s future.

“Hm…” Ayaka watched the current situation, Nagisa trying her best to gather the six of them and calm them, and got an idea.

She pulled out her phone.

“Hey, are you free today? I need help with something.”

…..

“Well, this is a funny spin on things,” Momo said as she watched the child turned Tentomu chu. “But one twist, only SIX of them got turned into kids!”

“It’s a minor incident. Besides, I’ve been watching her. She’s the most irresponsible person in the group. There’s no way I can lose.”

“Unless a miracle occurs.” said a voice.

They looked and saw Kyoya standing above them.

“Oh, it’s you.”

“What do you want?!”

“I was just observing your little operation. Just in case there was a flaw.”

“Nonsense.” Isako chuckled as she sipped her wine. “My plans have no flaws. It’s perfect.”

“Oh really…” Kyoya pointed his finger at the portal displaying Nagisa, Ayaka, and Yuko, trying to settle down the children. Then, someone else walked in…

“No.”

“Not HER.”

…..

“Thank goodness you’re here.”

The young woman smiled as she set down her bags and playfully hugged Ayaka.

“What’s up, Umechan?”

“Glad you could make it, Milky.”

Ayaka introduced the girl in front of Nagisa as Watanabe Miyuki. She works for the Namba48 music division in Osaka, and is actually a devil who used to play with people’s love lives.

But then, when she entered Akihabara48 industries, she fell in love with none other than the Osaka rock star of Namba48, Yamamoto Sayaka, and she joined the good side to help stop the Maou from taking over.

“Milky, you’re good with kids, right?”

“Un!”

“Good, cuz we need a LOT of help,” Nagisa said as she pointed at the four children and two babies, causing a ruckus on the other side of the room.

“Leave it to me!”

After Miyuki settled in, Yuko and Ayaka had to leave for other work.

The first thing they had to do was to stop Meru’s crying. Miyuki handed a bottle to Nagisa and asked her to fill it with warm milk.

As Nagisa did so and waited for it to become just warm enough, she looked and saw Miyuki was already soothing baby Meru with a toy rattle, which she seemed to enjoy very much. Just near the baby, Mio had already fallen fast asleep and was tucked into a soft pink blanket.

She got the bottle out and checked to see if it was warm enough, but she felt it almost burnt her skin. Miyuki helped and put the bottle in a bowl of water to cool it down.

When it finally got to the right temperature, she fed the milk to Meru and rocked her in her arms until she fell asleep. She set her down on the couch next to Mio, who immediately hugged her gently, and tucked the both of them in.

“Okay, now that that’s settled, next is them.” The two Osaka girls looked at the four children sitting in a circle, loud and more rowdy than
ever.

“How are we gonna put them to sleep?”

“Easy, we just play with them until they tire themselves out.”

And Miyuki had a perfect game in mind. In this game, Mako was a princess, and prince Nana and wizard Ryouha needed to save her from the dragon Miki. Nagisa and Miyuki were king and queen, commanding the whole game.

Actually, it seemed fun for Nagisa. Between “stabbing” Miki with a fake sword and Nana acting all lovey-dovey with Mako, there seemed to be a sense of nostalgia in this game.

“I wonder… why does it feel so familiar?”

Pretty soon, the four ran out of energy and fell right asleep on the floor. Nana hugging Mako around her stomach, Miki snoring softly and holding a teddy bear, and Ryouha peacefully her thumb. Nagisa giggled a bit and replaced her thumb with a pacifier.

“You sure are good with kids, huh?” Miyuki said.

“No way! You’re way better.”

“I guess I am popular with kids, but I only came because Umechan called. I honestly thought you didn’t need the help. You just never realized.”

Nagisa couldn’t help but smile inside. How could a devil be so nice?

*BOOM*

“Huh?!”

“Oh crap, now, of all times!” Miyuki said as she looked in the mirror and snapped her fingers. Her outfit changed to a gothic-lolita-esque outfit, her heart shaped devil tail and pointy horns appearing.

“What are you..?”

“C’mon, Umechan and Yuko-chan aren’t going to come back any time soon! It’s up to us!”

“Maji?!”

…..

Nagisa and Miyuki opened the door to the roof and saw Isako floating above them before she floated down.

“Well, if it isn’t a brat and a traitor.”

“What do you want, Isako?”

“I just came to get rid of you, was all. Now I get two for one. Maou will be very pleased.”

“No way. I’ll stop you,” Nagisa said before kissing her ring and transforming. “Uh, let’s see… The tsunami wave of strength and determination, Tentomu Aqua. Shibuya Nagisa!”

“Hey, that’s pretty cool,” Milky said.

“Miki-chan came up with them for us.”

“Shut up!” Isako yelled. She snapped her fingers and vines surrounded the entire area like a dome. “This time, I’m gonna take care of you!”

One of the vines came towards us, but I used my shield to create a barrier and protect us.

“I got ‘em.” Miyuki summoned a scythe and wings grew from her back. She flew up and swung her scythe at Isako, cutting the vines she brought towards her.

“Sorry, little Warukii. Things have changed since you left.”

“No one calls me that!” Miyuki angrly slashed her scythe, only to have it caught in Isako’s grip. “Nobody… except for my Sayanee.”

“I see. So you’ve fallen for her. I still don’t see what you see in a human like her.”

“Don’t talk about her that way!” She swung her scythe and slashed Isako several times. The demon punched Miyuki’s stomach and pushed her back, then wrapped her in thorny black vines.

“Milky!”

“Next is you, then the rest of those brats, and all of Japan!”

“No…” Nagisa held her chest, she felt her heart was pounding. “No! I won’t allow you!”

Suddenly, a bright aqua aura surrounded her and water formed around her like a giant tornado. She made the water cover her hand and swung it towards Isako, knocking her down and drowning her.

“Why you…”

She released her and Isako slowly got up. Nagisa created a strong mist and blinded Isako. She growled and cursed lowly before disappearing.

The vines disappeared and Miyuki slowly floated back down to the ground.

“You okay, Nagisa?”

“Yeah.”

The water suddenly dispersed and shining droplets of the crystal blue water surrounded the building.

Some of the droplets went into the building where the other six were still sleeping and dropped onto them. Their bodies glowed and reverted them back to their normal age.

Nagisa transformed back into her regular clothes, still holding her chest as she remembered how it was pounding so.

“You did good.” The little devil said. “I knew you could do it on your own.”

Nagisa just giggled, understanding the meaning of her words.

…..

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the ceiling. When I finally woke up, I saw I was on the ground, Nana hugging my waist as she was fast asleep.

I gently nudged her shoulder, waking her up.

“..Makocchi?”

I heard a loud yawn and saw Meru and Mio slowly get up from the couch, a pink blanket around them.

“Meru had a weird dream,” Meru said as she rubbed her eyes.

“What’s this doing in my mouth?” Ryouha said as she pulled a pacifier out of . Behind me and Nana, Miki slowly woke up, holding a teddy bear.

“What happened to us?”

“I can’t remember…”

“I think we were eating sweets, and—”

“Hey, the gift basket’s gone!” Mio said, pointing at the empty table. “Where did it go?”

Just then, the door opened and Ayaka and Yuko walked in.

“Girls!”

“You’re back to normal!”

“Eh?”

“What happened?”

“We’ll fill you in on details later. Has anyone seen Nagisa?”

“I’m right here.” Nagisa was standing at the door, a smile on her face. And behind her was…

“Wa.. Watanabe Miyuki?!”

“No way! THE Milky, Watanabe Miyuki?!”

“Looks like my work here is done.” She said as she started gathering her things. “I got a text from Yukirin; she said she found out something from Mariko-sama.”

“Really?!” Ayaka said in a sudden voice. “What?”

“She said she had to leave to take care of some business, but she didn’t say anything else. Anyways, I’m gonna go. Gotta head to Nagoya.”

“Nagoya?”

“Oh, didn’t you know? Milky also has a job over in Sakae for Akiba48’s Nagoya division.”

Miyuki winked as she said her goodbyes and left.

Wow, a lot’s happening… I wonder who we’re going to meet next.

…..

Miyuki typed on her phone as she walked through the crowded Shibuya streets, sending her reply to her miko friend from Kagoshima.

She finished and was about to put away her phone, when suddenly, she got a call.

She looked at the name…

“Ah. It’s her.” She said as she pressed answer and talked into her phone. “What’s up?”

“Milky, there you are. I’ve been trying to call all day!”

“Sorry. Got caught up in some stuff. Umechan needed to see me for some business in Tokyo.”

“Eh? You’re STILL in Tokyo?!”

“Yeah, I’m just leaving. Don’t worry, I’ll be over there as soon as I can.”

“Yokatta~”

“Oh, by the way, how did the musical’s final performance go?”

“Ah, it went fantastic! I wish you could’ve been there; we’ve done it better than ever before.”

“It’s okay. We’ve both been busy with our schedules, so we haven’t gotten to see much of each other.”

“Yeah, I guess it can’t be helped.”

“Y’know, you should come over here and visit the girls.”

“Tentomu chu?”

“Yea, they’re very interesting. I think you’d like them… Especially, the center, Kojima Mako.”

“Kojima Mako… Oh, I’ve heard of her. She does seem interesting.”

“Right?”

“Tell me. Is she as bright as she is on the TV screen?”

Miyuki smiled a bit and looked up at the sky as she saw her manager’s car coming to pick her up.

“Like the sun.”

…..

Isako paced in her empty room, muttering curses to herself as her dark aura grew stronger. She had yet to notice the figure standing in the room with her.

“It seems that plan backfired,” Kyoya said. “As I had predicted.”

“Quiet, you..!”

“Please, don’t get so feisty.”

“Why are you here, anyway?”

“I just came to make an offer with you.” He closed the book in his hands and walked closer to the demon. “If you’re up for it…”

“Huh?”

“If you play along, you may just be able to defeat those girls and please the Demon King.”

“How do I know I can trust you? You’re a human.”

“Do you have any other plans?”

Silence.

“I didn’t think so.” Kyoya said with a smirk before putting out his hand. “Now, do we have a deal?”

Isako looked at him for a bit before she reluctantly grasped his hand firmly.

“Yeah. It’s a deal.”