Chapter 27 -- A mysterious new arrival. Magical Witch Yuria-Peace, chu!! (Part 2)

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

“I see…” Rina sighed as we sat in front of her. We had just explained to her everything that has happened in the past few days.

“So, you understand?”

“Un. Somehow…”

“It’s okay to be confused. It’s kinda new for me, too, Ikoma-chan.”

“But, Mako-chan is a princess! And so is Naanya-san. That’s amazing!”

“Only in the past. Now, we’re just Mako and Naanya.”

Rina nodded.

“So… Yuria can use magic..?”

“Yes. And she’s very strong if she’s able to alter everyone’s memories.”

“But, why not us?”

“Since I’m a member of the Senate, memory-altering magic doesn’t affect me. And since Mako and Naanya have the Crystal of Life with them, it must have protected them from the magic, as well.”

“So, did she try to alter my memory, too?”

“Yes. It probably didn’t work on you because the Heart fragment you possess in your body has some special quality to it. It’s different from the others, somehow.”

“So, what is she? An esper or something?”

“Not sure. But, we need to find out. Otherwise, she might try to do something else.”

“Right.”

We walked back in and saw Yuria getting her bag. “Hey.”

“Where are you going?”

“My next work. I have another filming for a variety show.”

“Oh.”

“What kind of show?”

“It has a lot of people and celebrities come to perform magic tricks. This is my first time on the show, but I’m sure I’ll make a good impression. Magic is my specialty.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that.”

“You guys wanna come watch?”

“Uh, sure. Why not?”

“Great. I gotta head on down, so I’ll meet you there.” She said before walking off.

“Magic…”

“Do you think that means?”

“Maybe. We should go.”

…..

On the TV show Yuria was featured on, she had successfully performed a number of magic tricks. She appeared by having one of the staff rise up a white curtain, which she magically appeared behind.

She was then able to pop a balloon and make a stuffed bunny doll come out of it, make a long magic staff float, and then have a bouquet of flowers pop out one end, and wrap a coin in a tissue, light it on fire, and have the coin reappear under a glass cup.

And now…

“This is your card, right?” She said as she held out the card the woman had chosen. It was only after a routine of card shuffling that she was somehow able to make it appear in one of the host’s shoe.

“Wow, that’s amazing!”

“How did you do that?”

“I told you. Magic is my specialty,” she said with a smile and wink, making her peace sign.

The audience cheered.

After the shooting ended, we went over to Yuria’s dressing room to confront her.

“Yuria…”

She smiled, seeing us. “Oh, hey guys. Did you like the show?”

“Yuria, we need to talk.”

“What? Is it about me?”

“Actually… yes.”

“We know you tried to alter our memories.”

She went silent, staring at us a few seconds, shocked.

Miichan stepped forward. “Yuria… who are you? No, what are you? Are you an Akuma, or something else?”

“I…”

“Tell us.”

She looked back up, her eyes instantly landing on me. She walked over to me and gave me a serious glare.

“You.”

“Eh?”

“I challenge you.”

“What?!”

“If you beat me, I’ll tell you everything. But if you lose, you tell me what I need to know. And if you try anything funny, I won’t make any promises of hesitating.”

I looked and saw everyone’s faces. Rina seemed a little worried, but I saw in Naanya and Miichan’s eyes that this is what I needed to do.

I had to win.

“Deal.”

She gave me her hand and I shook it.

“So, when do we fight?”

“Now.” She pulled out a long cape and flung it over us.

Before I realized, I was on the roof of the building. Yuria wrapped herself in her cape, and when it unraveled, she was wearing a witch outfit. She had a large hat with a ribbon in it and a long wand with a star on it.

“Now, see if you can stop me.”

I held onto my pendant, closing my eyes.

“Naanya, I’m on the roof.”

“Alright. Just stall Yuria until we get up there.”

I opened my eyes again and kissed the red crystal, transforming. I felt a new power inside. I was stronger now.

“See if you can beat me.”

“I will. I’ll win.” I summoned my sword and went to attack, but she teleported and went behind me.

She drew a symbol with her wand and a ball of fire went towards me. I blocked it with my blade.

“Remember, Mako? I have powerful magic.”

“I know. But, I have power, too.”

She smirked and drew another symbol, this time, ice shooting at me. I dodged it and created an orb of light, throwing it at her. She grabbed it in her hands and threw it away.

“Fine. I’ll just attack physically.”

I ran up, aiming my sword at her again, but she kept dodging. I raised it up, but before I could slice down, I felt a strong blow at my stomach.

She kicked me.

I fell to the ground, gasping for air as the wind was knocked out of me.

“Amazing, right? My father taught me that. He told me to protect myself, for when I was faced against a threat.”

What IS she..?!

“Mako!” I saw the others arrive at the roof.

I slowly got up, grabbing my sword again. “Stay back… she’s strong.”

“But, Mako…”

“This is.. my fight…”

Yuria chuckled again, drawing another symbol as she was about to attack. I raised my sword.

“I will win, for Eterna. I am the heir of the Crystal of Life. I am Hikari!”

“Eh?” Yuria suddenly stopped the spell and looked at me with wide eyes. “Eterna?”

I lowered my sword as she came closer. There was nothing but utter surprise and shock written on her face.

“You’re… Princess Hikari..?”

“Yes. Now, tell us. Who are you, really, Kizaki Yuria?”

She remained silent for a while, removing her hat. Slowly, she walked forward and knelt down at my feet.

“My Queen...”

“Eh..?!”

“Q-Queen?”

She looked up and took my hand, kissing it.

What the heck is this?!

“My name is Kizaki Yuria… and I am a knight of Queen Hikari’s First Troop.”

“Huh?!”

“Queen Hikari? What do you mean..?”

“The truth is...” She stood up and held out her hand. She pushed a button on her watch and showed a hologram of what looked like Eterna.

But, it looks different. It almost looks like a city, now, more than a kingdom…

Like Tokyo…

“I’m from over 1000 years in the future. Earth calendar, Year 3015. Star calendar, Year 0048.”

“WHAT?!”

“Yuria… you’re from the future?”