Chapter 15 -- Please, Cinderella! A chance encounter with the Shinjuku Girls, chu!! (Part 2)

Tentomu chu!! desu~ (Dropped)

Mion, Haruka, and Mizuki woke up in a warehouse, tied up in a dark corner of the room. Their mouths were shut by duct tape and rope bound them together, as well as their wrists and ankles.

Out from the darkness was Kaiba, chuckling as he watched the girls struggle, trying to break free.

“Don’t worry, girls,” he said teasingly. “Your friends will be here to save you soon.”

They tried to scream, angry words being blocked by the tape, but then a black energy was shot out of Kaiba’s hand and knocked them unconscious.

He chuckled as he created a space window and watched Mako and Nana talking to each other.

“Soon, I’ll have you. Then, I’ll find the princess and the Crystal of Life and redeem myself.”

…..

“Mako-chan.”

I was shivering inside as Naanya was looking at me, as if staring into my soul, trying to figure out what I was hiding.

“Mako-chan, if there’s something you need to tell me, I’ll listen.”

“I…”

“Mako-chan!”

I looked around, seeing the others still practicing.

“Not here.” I took Naanya’s hand and dragged her out of the studio, where we could talk in private. “Naanya… remember when you asked me if I’d hate you if you kept a secret from me?”

“Y-yes… why?”

“Would you do the same for me?” I looked at her with serious eyes. “If you found out something about me that you never knew, would it change your feelings for me?”

She shook her head.

“You sure?”

“Of course… Mako-chan is.. my very best, best friend. I could never hate you. So… if there’s something you need to say, I’ll trust you, no matter what.”

Naanya…

“Alright. Can I see your phone?”

“Uh, yeah.” She got out her phone and handed it to me.

I turned around and waved my hand over it, letting my ring pick up the energy from the caller. “We’re going to track down the person who kidnapped them.”

“Eh? How?”

“Just a little trick I learned…”

My ring started pulsing red light. It was weak, so he must be far away.

I got out my own phone and handed it to Naanya.

“Call Miichan and tell her the situation.”

“Uh, okay…”

…..

“Ah, that’s my phone,” Miichan got out her cell phone as Takamina was driving her and the girls to the studio. “Hello?”

“Hello? Miichan?”

“Nana?”

Everyone turned and looked at her, even Takamina glanced a while before turning her attention back to the road.

“Owada-san?”

“Uh-huh. What’s wrong, Nana? Why do you have Mako’s phone?”

“Well, actually, there’s a problem… and we need your help.”

“Eh?”

“Someone called me saying they kidnapped three of my fellow members and now Mako is tracking him down, and she said she needs you to help us find his location.”

Takamina was hearing the whole conversation, never turning her attention away. She stopped the car and parked it, looking back at the younger girl.

“Alright. I’ll do my best. If you find him, text me his location with Mako’s cell.”

“Got it.”

Miichan hung up and looked over towards Takamina, who just nodded and got out of the car.

“Come on.”

…..

“Here…” Me and Naanya arrived at a large warehouse just outside of Tokyo. We hid behind some of the crates as I looked to see if anyone was watching us.

“You think this is where they are?”

“Trust me. This is where the signal lead to.”

I saw one of the doors was open and saw a glowing purple light. That must be Kaiba.

I turned to Naanya. “You stay out here.”

“No,” she grabbed my wrist as I got up. “I’m coming with you.”

“But…”

“Please!”

I looked around. The others still haven’t got here; it’s just the two of us.

“..Okay.”

We held hands as we walked into the dark warehouse. Naanya used her phone light to help us guide the way.

I stopped her and looked as I saw Kaiba, along with a large ball of purple light. There was a strange aura surrounding the girls as it was drawn into the light orb.

He’s stealing their energy!

“What’s happening?”

“Just stay here, where it’s safe.”

I hugged her before running out, facing Kaiba.

“Kaiba!”

He looked at me and smiled.

“Well, well, you finally decided to come, eh?”

“Let them go.”

The orb of light disappeared and I saw a familiar red glow from behind him. His wolf appeared from the darkness, the symbols on it glowing.

“Make me.”

“Eh?! What is that? A wolf?” I heard Naanya talking to herself. She always does that to think.

I’m sorry, Miichan… Forgive me.

“Transform.” I kissed my ring, transforming. Luckily, the girls were unconscious, but I knew Naanya saw me.

“Mako-chan..?!”

…..

“The dark energy is coming from this building.” Takamina spoke as they approached the warehouse.

“That light coming from inside… Is that..?”

“Yup. Mako might already be in there.”

“What about Naanya? Is she with her?”

Takamina shut her eyes, listening to the wind before opening them again. “I do feel another presence… I’m not sure if it’s Nana, but…”

They all looked as a bright red light shone. Mako had transformed.

“Let’s go.”

“Hai!”

The six girls transformed as they all headed into the warehouse. Takamina pulled Miichan back for a minute.

“Does Mako trust this Nana?”

“Yes. They’re best friends. She said herself she would tell her secret if she really had to…”

The shorter girl sighed. “Even so… we need to follow the rules.”

“Right…”

Miichan pursed her lips as she and Takamina headed in.

“I’m sorry, Mako. Forgive me for this.”

…..

“This time, I shall redeem myself.”

He snapped his fingers and the wolf attacked me. I summoned my sword and stopped it, looking at its blood red eyes.

“Why would you do such a thing to this creature?”

“He is my servant. He’ll do whatever I say.”

The wolf roared and tried to scratch me, but I dodged and jumped in the air.

“All you’ve done is torture it! You’ve hurt it and made it lose its mind; THAT’S the only reason you’re using him!”

“What does it matter to you?”

“You are..!” The wolf threw me off and scratched me, its claw cutting into my arm. “Itai…”

“This is it for you!”

It rose its claw again, about to strike me, when I suddenly saw a bright light. A figure jumped down and stood in front of the wolf, her palm glowing with a light blue aura. The wolf was calmed and fell asleep.

“No!”

That girl… She’s..!

She turned to look at me. I met deep blue eyes, shining brightly like the night sky.

“Hoshina…” Yes, it’s her. She’s Hoshina. She’s real…

“Finally, we meet.”

She knelt down and wrapped my arm in a white ribbon, then waved her hand over it, whispering a few spells.

“It should heal soon.”

“Thank you…”

“Why you..!”

Hoshina stood up and summoned a sword, one that looked much like mine. Instead of rubies, it was light blue diamonds, and silver metal instead of gold.

She slashed Kaiba, pushing him back.

“That’s it… Time to end this.”

He created an orb of dark energy and threw it at us, but then Nana and Miki stepped forward, blocking it with Nana’s spear.

“Mako!”

When I looked, I saw everyone was coming this way. But, then I felt something was wrong. When I turned around…

Hoshina was gone.

Where did she..?

“Let’s go!”

“Right!”

“Mako, come on!”

“Ah, okay!”

I raised up my sword and collected the energy from the girls’ rings. It glowed brightly and with one slash, Kaiba was knocked away with incredible force.

“Damn you..!”

He transported himself and his wolf back to where he came. I fell to my knees as my sword disappeared and I transformed back.

“Mako, are you okay?”

“Yeah…”

Nana and the others helped untie the girls as Miichan helped me up.

“Will they be okay?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll just tell them we called the cops and came to save them.”

I nodded simply.

“Mako-chan!” I heard Naanya’s voice rise as she came out from behind the crates. I smiled. “I saw your arm get hurt! Are you oka—?”

She suddenly stopped and I saw her a change in her expression. Her eyes gently shut as she fell to the ground, unconscious.

“Naanya?!” I quickly ran over to her and tried to wake her up. “What’s wrong? Speak to me! Naanya!”

“That’s my doing.” I looked and saw Takamina, a serious look in her eyes. “I’m sorry, Mako. I had to…”

“You… erased her memory?”

“It’s the rule, Mako. We can’t have her know who we are.”

“But… Naanya is—”

“I know that you and her are friends, Mako. But, we can’t risk it. You would be putting both yourself and her in danger. Would you want that?”

“Takamina…”

“Just trust us, Mako. Until we know we can truly trust her—”

“You can!” I yelled angrily, picking her up in my arms. “You just don’t understand how important she is to me!”

“Mako, I—”

“Naanya is my best friend! She can keep any secret!”

I ran off, still carrying Naanya in my arms. Tears fell down my eyes as I walked the empty streets alone. I made it back to the studio on my own, laying her down on the couch.

My phone buzzed as I got another text from Miichan.

“I’m sorry.”

I didn’t reply. I just sat down and cried more…

This pain… Why am I..?

Then, another text came.

“I understand how it feels. I know Naanya is precious to you. I feel the same way for Mariko and Yuko.”

Mariko-san… Yuko…

“I’m very sorry, Mako… I’ll try to work things out with Takamina, but until then, just keep this a secret from Naanya.”

I closed my phone, sighing heavily.

Then, I heard Naanya stir and she wake up from her sleep.

“What happened..?”

“You fell asleep during practice.”

“Really…” She rubbed her head, slowly getting up from the couch. “I remember I was dancing with you, and then…”

“You were just tired because of stress. It’s been happening to me a lot.”

“I see. Ah, it’s almost time! I better get changed.”

“I’ll be out in the audience, watching you.”

“Thank you.” Naanya hugged me. She did it longer than normal. I wonder why…

I patted her back and broke the hug. She simply smiled, and I did so back before leaving the room. I leaned up against the door, holding my chest.

“I’m sorry… Naanya.”

…..

After Mako left, Nana’s smile disappeared as she felt Kyoya’s presence again and saw him appear in the room. She turned to face him.

“Did the charm work?”

“Yes.” She answered, holding her necklace. “She thinks I don’t remember what happened.”

“Now you just need to keep up the act until her awakening.”

She nodded.

“Kyoya… When Takamina touched me… she…”

“I know. It seems that she will have to return to Eterna soon. She is the leading knight under the Queen’s army.”

“How much longer?”

“A year.”

“I see…”

Kyoya patted the girl’s head, seeing tears well in her eyes again.

“Nana…”

“Everyone keeps leaving me. How do I know Mako will even—” Nana was silenced by Kyoya again, looking in his eyes.

“Don’t worry. That won’t happen again. The two of you will be together, forever, this time. And the same goes for me.” He knelt down and kissed Nana’s hand. “I will always be with you, my Princess.”

“Thank you.”

Just then, the door clicked open again. Kyoya changed his robe into a suit as one of the staff came in.

“Owada-san, it’s almost time. Are? Who’s this?”

“He’s my manager, Kyoya.”

“Nice to meet you,” Kyoya bowed to the staff.

“Ah, nice to meet you. Hurry and get changed. We’re live in five.”

“Wakatta.”

…..

“And when the glass slipper had slid perfectly onto her shoe, the Prince knew he had found her Cinderella. Not too long after, the two were married and Cinderella was changed from a peasant girl to a beloved princess.”

I watched as Naanya and Mion bowed one last time, and the rest of the cast gathered as music started playing.

“They ruled over the kingdom with their love binding it together. And they lived happily ever after…”

They all knelt down, clasping their hands together, as the clock’s hands moved and struck midnight, the music grew.

Onegai! SHINDERERA
Yume wa yume de owarenai
Ugoki hajimeteru
Kagayaku hi no tame ni

Their outfits made them all look like Cinderella. And the crowd was loving them. I was so amazed. I’ve never seen fans like these…

I’ve never seen Akihabara48 fans going this wild.

EVERYDAY donna toki mo
KYUUTO HAATO mottetai

PINCHI mo SABAIBARU mo
KUURU de koetai

APPUDEITO muteki na PASSION
Kujike kokoro koushin

Watashi ni dekiru koto dake wo kasanete

“Mako!” I looked and saw the others with Takamina and Miichan. Miichan came closer to talk to me. “Um, are you okay?”

“Yeah…”

“Look, if your still upset, I—”

“No, it’s okay.”

“Eh?”

“I’m not upset…”

“But….”

Mahou ga tokenai you ni
RIARU na SUKIRU meguru MIRAKURU
Shinjiteru

“Miichan, it’s fine… I’ll tell Naanya when the time is right. Takamina said so herself. I can’t risk Mako getting in danger.”

Miichan gave me a sad smile. “I see.”

“Don’t worry… I’ll be okay, for now.”

Onegai! SHINDERERA
Yume wa yume de owarenai
Kanaeru yo
Hoshi ni negai wo kaketa nara

Mitsuke yo! MY ONLY STAR
Mada mada chiisai kedo
Hikari hajimeteru
Kagayaku hi no tame ni

“Oh, by the way, there was someone who saved me.”

She looked at me again. “Eh?”

“Her name was Hoshina. She has powers, like us. If we can find her again, maybe—”

“Hoshina..?” Something changed in her eyes… she looked shocked. Scared.

“What’s wrong?”

“Hoshina… It can’t be..!”

“Eh?”

“What’s wrong?” Takamina came up from the crowd.

“Takamina… Mako said she met Hoshina. That she was with her in the warehouse.”

“What? But she…”

“I know.”

“What?”

Miichan looked at me with sad eyes. Takamina remained silent.

“What..?”

“Hoshina… is dead.”

What? Dead?!