When Darkness Falls

Between Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone! I do apologize for my long hiatus! But I am back for now because I am full of ideas~! Please do leave a comment if you can because I love receiving feedback~ I hope you enjoy chapter 3!

No One POV

Tiffany had been kept busy all morning. With the festival coming up, the whole palace was wrapped up in preparations. It also did not help that Sacred Heart would not be within the palace during the celebration.

Yoona would usually lead the people in ritual but this year Jessica was in charge of all the rituals. This made the ice princess slightly more irritable than usual.

The eye-smiling girl had been helping Seohyun pack for the pilgrimage when the head mistress who was in charge of all the maids of the palace appeared with three of Jessica’s personal maids, looking extremely desperate. Once she laid her eyes on Tiffany her face broke into a smile of relief.

“Lady Tiffany! I have been in search of you all morning! Please Our Highness has locked herself in the library once again and she’s refusing to come out!”

Seohyun chuckled slightly, knowing only Tiffany would be able to talk sense into the princess.

“It’s all right Fany-unnie. I’ll have Amber help me out here. I think Our Highness needs you more than myself.”

Tiffany bowed apologetically and rushed towards the library.

She knocked timidly.

“I said LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“Your Highness? It is I, Tiffany.”

The door opened just a crack and Tiffany was pulled into the room quickly.

The younger girl was in shock as Jessica pulled her into a sudden embrace.

“FANY-AH!!!! I’ve been so bored all day! Where have you been?!”

Tiffany was breathless as she broke away.

“Y-Your Highness this wouldn’t be appropriate i-i-if anyone saw us.”

Jessica frowned and grabbed the younger’s hand to pull her back to her side.

“What have I told you about addressing me when we’re in private?”

“B-B-But Y-Your Highness… I-

The ice-princess hushed her with a kiss but she broke it as quickly as she started it.

By this time Tiffany had turned bright red.

“J-J-Jessica…”

The older girl smirked.

“That’s all you ever need to say Fany-ah~ I love you.”

With that the ice-princess leaned in once again to capture the latter’s lips.

They broke apart moments later after they both started to run out of breath.

“I-I… I love you too Jessica.”

~~~

Taeyeon double checked that they had everything on Yuri’s list, while Sooyoung as talking Amber through the details of the pilgrimage.

Amber being the maknae of the group was feeling a little nervous for the journey.

“Don’t worry about anything Amber. Yoona has made this pilgrimage thousands of times. It’s all routine for everyone, even the horses! All you need to do is follow us~”

The younger girl nodded, smiling slightly as the tall guard reassured her.

As Taeyeon double checked the food supplies again, Yuri stepped out of the palace. To all the three’s surprise, she was carrying Yoona in her arms. The Sacred Heart was fast asleep.

Sooyoung and Amber stared open-mouthed at the duo, while Taeyeon managed to nudge them so they could all salute.

“Are we prepared to leave Colonel?”

“Yes ma’am. Ummm… pardon my rudeness but shall we delay out departure? It seem as if Our Lady is need of rest.”

Yuri shook her head and carefully adjusted the doe-eyed woman in her arms so she was resting more comfortably.

“We shall leave now. It will be too late if the sun sets. Sooyoung help me mount my horse. My Lady and I shall ride together for now. Amber, make sure lead My Lady’s horse is tied to your steed.”

It took some effort but soon Yuri was soon on her trusted horse, holding Yoona in front of her. She signaled the other three and they quickly left the palace.

They hadn’t been riding for long when the Sacred Heart’s eyes fluttered open slightly.

“Y-Yuri? What’s going on?”

“Are you awake now My Lady? I apologize for waking you up but we had to depart before it got too late.”

Yoona held a hand to Yuri’s cheek.

“Do not fret Yuri. It was time for me to wake.”

She looked towards the distance where a dark gloom, which appeared to be a storm, awaited them

“It seems as if they have been waiting for me.”

~~~

Tiffany POV

Dinner had just been served, which meant I was done for the day.

The darkness was slowly engulfing the sky and stars were just beginning to come out.

Usually I slept in a small room right outside of Yuri’s but since had left with Yoona, I decided it would be best to sleep near the princess’s room.

I stopped at the palace gardens before heading towards my destination. To my surprise Jessica was standing right underneath the cherry tree.

The palace gardens were usually Yoona’s sacred sanctuary so it was surprising to find someone else besides the Sacred Heart.

As I moved closer to her, I noticed that Jessica had tears in glistening in her eyes.

“J-Jess?”

She kept her gaze up towards the moon.

“Tiffany… do you think it still hurts her?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked as I placed a hand on her arm.

The princess finally turned to look at me. Her eyes were filled with pain.

“When the day turns dark, Yoona’s purpose begins. Do you know what that is?”

I had heard rumors of this. It was evident that the sorceress’s place in kingdom was not to just sit in the palace. There were other duties she had that were not made public. But I did not have a chance to explore what these happened to be. Although the rumors I had heard were not pleasant, the people whispered that Yoona was actually demon eater.

“I-I’m not sure. All I’ve heard were rumors…”

“What have you heard Tiffany?”

I swallowed and looked to my feet.

“The p-p-people outside the palace say she is a d-d-demon eater…”

Jessica did not respond for a few moments so I felt safe to look up. She slowly nodded.

“They do not lie. She rids the land of the evil that taints it.”

Now I was slightly confused.

“Was it not a good thing that she rid the demons for us then? Why did the people whisper so harshly about her?”

“Then why do people whisper behind her back if she does the kingdom a good deed?’

Jessica smiled bitterly and her eyes became hollow.

“You have never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter