Keep Trying

Matchmaker

        This is not fair. Nakoudo hasn't said anything about a plan for the past week but everyone except for Yugyeom, who is making up a test, is talking about something and leaving me out. They kept looking at me then whispering into someone's ear, the whisper was passed around the small huddle like a game of Telephone, except no one, screamed it out at the end so I never knew what they were talking about.

        I came up with the conclusion that they are planning something to do with Yugyeom and me. Yeah, yeah, okay it's not the best conclusion but I can't really hear them so it's the only thing that came to mind.

        "Why can't you just tell me?" I groaned walking back to the table from the lunch line. I left for about 10 minutes just to get some juice and they are still talking about the little plan.

        "Bambam, you are one of the worst liars on earth, if I told you the plan, Yugyeom would find out like that" She snapped her fingers for emphasis and I pouted drinking more of the juice.

        "No, I'm not! Jackson and Youngjae never know when I'm lying!" I crossed my arms like a child. I bet I looked like one considering I had the juice box.

        "Bambam, Youngjae and Jackson are one of the three most gullible people I know, you're the third, just let us do everything."

        "Wha-!"

        "I'm not gullible!" The three of us said at the same time. Nakoudo looked at Mark, Jaebum, and Junior before the four of them looked at the three of us.

        "Yes, you guys are." I threw my empty juice box at them.

        "You are totally gullible" Yugyeom laughed when Nakoudo brought it up later that day, can I get another juice box? We were walking to the last period of the day and I was hoping that Yugyeom would answer the opposite of what he just did.

        "Yugyeom! You were supposed to defend me and say that I wasn't gullible!" I slapped his shoulder gently. He just laughed, the way he laughs is so entertaining, he leans his head back and his shoulders move up in down. I saw his lips move more and I instantly knew what he was talking about.

        "But you are, remember just 2 weeks ago, we told you there was-" I covered his mouth quickly, I did not need to be reminded of the time I went up to someone because I thought they were famous.

        "But that's not fair, anyone of you would have fallen for that!" I swear, everyone is hating me today, what did I do? I crossed my arms for the second time that day. I bet I was starting to get frown lines from all this.

        "Aww it's okay little Bammie" Nakoudo hugged me tightly. I was expecting it, she always did that when she teases me. Though, I didn't expect Yugyeom to hug me too.

        "It's okay Bambam, being gullible is cute." I blushed and hid my face in my hands while the two Matchmakers laughed. I felt Nakoudo move away. When I peeked through my fingers I saw that Junior was the cause of it. Junior was always a jealous boyfriend. I didn't mind, though, I was still being hugged by Yugyeom, I could feel his chest heave up and down from laughing, and his hands were around my torso. Not to mention that his head was on my shoulder. I found myself almost, almost, whining when he let go so we could go into the classroom.

        I did not whine.

        I did not. Why is Nakoudo looking at me like I did something if I didn't whine?

        Okay maybe I let out a little whine, but Yugyeom didn't hear it, he was too busy laughing. Right?

       When we walked in I saw that there was a substitute, perfect time to switch seats around. Yugyeom was talking with the 2J and Markson couple while Nakoudo and Junior were talking to me.

        "I can't believe you whined" was the first thing that came out of Nakoudo's mouth after approaching the empty seat next to me. I slumped in the one I was sitting in covering my face in embarrassment. I wish I wasn't wearing a long sleeve because the blush on my face made the room feel 100 degrees hotter.

        "I didn't mean to! It just... came out?" Junior snickered and I'm sure that Nakoudo punched him in the arm because I heard him whine. and say something along the lines of 'Nakoudo I thought you loved me' I blushed even more and hid my face completely by setting it on the table.

        "Bambam it's okay, Junior's just a ert." I heard the humor in her voice and then a gentle slap. This time, Nakoudo was that one complaining that Junior didn't love her.

        "Your guy's lovey-dovey actions aren't exactly helping me right now." I groaned from the inside of my arms before Nakoudo was about to counter to Junior's 'You did it first'.

        "Okay, I know you're really desperate to be with Yugyeom but I'm trying my best! I can't see your string so I can't fix it or anything."

        "But it's been a week already and I've been watching the 6 of you plan out something that's obviously not working." I felt constant poking on my back while I said that. I finally looked up to find Yugyeom standing right in front of me with a confused expression

        "What's not working?" I opened my mouth to say something but my brain was failing me and I couldn't get anything out. I looked to Nakoudo for help.

        "Bambam is just saying that he's lonely because he sees all of us being couples when he's still never had a relationship once." That is not what I wanted her to say. Yugyeom nodded and I closed my eyes tightly, trying to block out what was happening. She practically just told him I'm a loner.

        "Nakoudo~!" I hid my face again. I felt a hand on my head, petting me. I peeked up at the owner, he was wearing a plain blue buttoned up flannel. The ends of the sleeves were rolled up to form uneven cuffs but he pulled it off. Since his sleeves were rolled up slightly, I could see his bracelets. As my eyes trailed up to his face, Yugyeom smiled down at me.

        "Don't worry Bammie," I blushed at the nickname, "You'll find someone soon"

        'Can you hurry up and remember?' I wanted to say it out loud but of course, I didn't, instead I answered with a simple yeah and hid my face again, waiting for the bell to ring.

        I was laying in bed thinking about how today was uneventful. It was filled with blushes, whines, and teasing, that's about it. I groaned and leaned back to lay on the bed I looked up at the ceiling wondering what I could do to make Yugyeom remember. I asked Nakoudo why we couldn't just tell him and she said that it would be like telling a kindergartner to read the bible, they wouldn't understand anything. A sudden vibration made me groan as I dug in the covers for my phone.

        "Yeah?" I said, knowing it was Nakoudo, she would be the only person that would call me, anyone else would text.

        "I just noticed something, we're making this all too complicated." I rose my eyebrow as Jackson's voice came through the speaker instead.

        "Jackson, why are you-" I sat up.

        "Bambam listen, you know how Nakoudo can't see or touch yours or Yugyeom's string?"

        "Yes,"

        "Well, Mark and I searched up online and read that if a Matchmaker is fixing a person's string, then their string momentarily shows, allowing any Matchmaker to manipulate or see. So why don't we just do that? Make Yugyeom fix someone's string?"

        "Did you ask Nakoudo about it?" I said, it didn't seem right, I mean, Yugyeom is a put together, not a fixer, so I was thinking that it would turn out differently.

        "Yeah, she said it was stupid but I didn't think it was, I mean, we could give it a shot right?"

        "I don't know Jackson... I don't think it'll work if Nakoudo says it won't... She knows more about this stuff than we do so I think best to trust her.

        "But Bambam! What do you have to lose? It's not like either of you are going to die, just give it a shot okay? Mark is even in on it."

        "Really?"

        "Yah! Bambam just agree!" Mark's voice came from the phone.

        I thought about what Nakoudo would say if she said it was stupid it probably wasn't going to work... but Jackson was right, he didn't really have anything to lose.

        "What's the plan?" I asked through the speaker.

        Jackson started going over about how to trick a Matchmaker, by convincing yourself that what you're saying is true. He said that they would pretend he and Mark are in a fight, I brought up the fact that Nakoudo knows he and Mark would never fight, if they would, they would have done it a long time ago. Jackson said that he's really good at acting and I pointed out that Nakoudo was really good at catching onto something if there was even the slightest mistake and that he wasn't that good of an actor, and if Youngjae was in on it, then we would definitely get caught. Jackson then said that Youngjae would be able to keep his mouth shut and that it was only me, him and Mark.

        "But doesn't Youngjae already know?"

        "Bambam, are you trying to make everything all complicated? Just agree with me, it's not that complicated, Mark and I will pretend to be arguing and you come to get Yugyeom for help, at the same time, we tell Junior to ask Nakoudo to fix yours and Yugeyom's strings. And Nakoudo will do it because Junior asked her to."

        "But Jackson-" I'm not the best actor and I know that you and Mark aren't really fighting' I wanted to say that but Jackson cut me off.

        "Bambam!" I sighed, knowing that Jackson wouldn't accept anything but an agreement.

        "Fine, I better not lose anything."

        "You won't, promise"