How Awkward

Matchmaker

        I walked home thinking about what Nakoudo told me, still playfully stepping over the cracks like a child. The whole time after she called me played through my head.

        "Uhh...." I looked at Yugyeom as if I was asking if I could leave. I saw him nod and I began to put my shoes on again. I muted the mic on my phone to say thanks and gather my belongings I set on the table before telling him I had a good time, despite the fact that we got interrupted- I mean -almost kissed. I kept the last part in my head, though. When I unmuted my mic, thankfully, Nakoudo was still on the other side. I thanked Yugyeom one last time before heading out the door.

        "I thought that you had a date with Junior." I pressed my phone against my cheek with my shoulder while I made sure I had everything.

        "He's sick right now, I was taking care of him for a while but his mother practically kicked me out because she didn't want me to get sick, but anyways, the thing I have to tell you about." she cut off her slightly offended tone with a serious one. I dropped my shoulder and held my phone in my hand again.

        "Which is?" I looked around, making my way to Nakoudo's house since that's where she most likely is.

        "Yugyeom is a Matchmaker."

        I stopped to make sure I heard that right. "He's a what?"

        "A Matchmaker." She stated firmly through the phone speaker. So I heard it right the first time.

        "And you know this how?"  I continued to walk, seeing her street in the distance.

        "Okay, so when we were playing twister, I got a feeling, like this instinct that Yugyeom was a Matchmaker but I didn't want to check since he was still getting to know me."  I took my time walking to her house as she continued her story.

        "But when we were eating lunch on Friday, I checked when he was choking and I started to pat his back, but I didn't see his string at all"  She practically yelled through the phone.

        "Maybe you just missed it, I mean, we were outside and you could have been looking.... at something else?" I sighed, realizing that what I said made no sense at all. How could you miss something that's not there?

        "See! So I was thinking since you don't have a string either, the person you're going to fall in love with is Yugyeom!" I turned the corner of her street and saw her house at the end. 

        "That makes no sense, wouldn't we be together right when we see each other like you and Junior?" I walked up her driveway and she opened her door right when my foot landed on the welcome mat. She hung up the phone and brought me inside.

        "Depends what kind of Matchmaker he is." I took my shoes off once getting inside. When I stood up again she continued to drag me. "I thought I went over this with you?" she sat me down at the island in her kitchen and pranced around getting snacks and a drink.

        "So anyways, there are different kinds of Matchmakers, those who put the two together, those who help, those who manipulate, those who change, and those who are just able to see and tell." She started my lesson on Matchmaker 101. "Those who see and tell can see all the strings but they can't do anything to them, those matchmakers can find their own partners. Those who manipulate can choose their partners, those who help and those who change instantly click with their partner and those who put two together can't find the end of their half unless their partner makes a move."

        "So... Do you know which kind of Matchmaker Yugyeom is?" I watched as she shook her head slowly. My heart sunk with every turn.

        "I know for sure that he's not one that can help or change, he would already be in a relationship. If he were a manipulator, I'm guessing that he would choose you already" I blushed and pushed her arm slightly. "And if he was on that saw everything, he would see his own and still end up with someone, so I'm guessing that he's a put two together type of person." She shrugged.

        "So the one he is going to be with has to make the first move," I said slowly, drawing out every syllable.

        "Yes, and he will end up with whoever makes a move on him. So, you should make a move." She smirked at me, taking a sip of her root beer as my jaw dropped.

        "What?! I can't do that!"

        "Sure you can, you just have to stop being shy and make a move," she said while biting her straw.

        "I'm not shy!"

        "You are when it comes to dating" She set the cup down and pointed at me. "You need to flirt with him! Maybe you can start off with a slap on the whenever you say bye or a kiss on the cheek whenever you see him! You know, something subtle like that." She laughed and I ran out the door before she could offer anymore 'subtle' ideas.

        She calls that subtle?! That's too straight forward, and we already tried the kiss part, it didn't end well. I felt my cheeks heat up and I closed my eyes to forget about it but it only resulted in remembering how close our faces were and that only made me blush more.

        "Ahhhh!" I groaned in frustration, not even remembering how I got into my own room. All I felt was the pillows against my face as I thought about what I would do tomorrow. Why does everything always happen on Sundays? Why couldn't this have happened yesterday? I would've had a day to think about what I was going to do.

        I woke up completely forgetting about what happened, that was, until I got to school. Right, when I saw Yugyeom laughing with everyone, except Junior who was probably still sick, my body deflated and I tried to walk as slow as I could. Of course, Nakoudo being Nakoudo, she saw me and dragged me over to them.

        "Hi," I said to Yugyeom.

        "Hi" He replied back hesitantly. Those were the only two words we spoke to each other the whole morning.

        When the lunch bell rang, I made my way to the bathroom, faking that I had to pee. After counting to 10 and receiving some confused looks from the other occupants in the restroom, I walked back out through the semi-empty hallways to the lunch area, saying hi to everyone I knew in an attempt to make the trip longer. I'm sure that Nakoudo is going to be really mad at me but it's not like I would be giving her false information if I said I was in the bathroom.

        "There you are!" She yelled from her seat when I came near. She scooted to the side to make room for me between her and Yugyeom. I stopped for a moment to 'stretch' before sitting down slowly. I saw Nakoudo's glare from the corner of my eye when I stopped to tie my shoe as well.

        As the couples branched off to talk like usual, Nakoudo was struggling to get us to talk.

        "So Yugyeom, Bambam, how was your guy's weekends?" I blushed and saw Yugyeom's ears turn red.

        "Fine." He said I leaned back so my shoulder wasn't touching his. "What about yours?"

        "Junior got sick, so here I am." She answered politely. "What did you guys do over the weekend?"

        "Oh..." he started, "you know... we just hung out and watched a movie" he shrugged and took a bite of his sandwich.

        "What movie did you watch?" She said. I closed my eyes, knowing what's going to happen.

        "Finding You."

        "WHAT?! BAMBAM YOU GUYS WATCHED MY FAVORITE MOVIE WITHOUT ME?! I INTRODUCED YOU TO THAT!" She shook me, eyes snapping open at the movement.

        "W-well, we thought you were on a date, and this was before you called me..." I tried to pry her hands off my shirt.

         I heard Jaebum laugh. "This isn't funny!" I said, noticing that with every shake, my back would hit Yugyeom's shoulder.

        "She would have probably brought Junior along with her" He snickered. I finally got her hands off my shirt but I felt myself leaning backward. I tried to hold onto the table but I still slipped and fell onto Yugyeom's lap. I stiffened my body for a second, just looking up at a shocked, very handsome, face of the owner.

        "Uhhh...." I blushed and sat up quickly, hitting my head in the process. "Ow!" I rubbed the forming bruise and something cold was pressed up against my forehead almost instantly. Knowing it was Yugyeom, I looked down while blushing.

        "Bambam what did you do this time?" Jackson teased. I looked up to pout and stick my tongue out at him, telling him that I didn't do anything.

        "So it was the table's fault?" He continued his teasing, making me sulk while the cold juice pack was pressed to my forehead. The juice pack was removed a while later but Nakoudo insisted on Yugyeom bringing me to the nurse just in case. I saw Mark give her a look and I didn't blame him. Nakoudo always said that school nurses did nothing but ask you what's wrong before giving you an ice pack and hoping you feel better.

        "It's not even that bad" I argued, showing her my head.

        "Just go just in case, I know you like on the ice anyways so just go" She retorted, giving Yugyeom a firm look, causing him to grab my arm and drag me out of the cafeteria.

        "Yugyeom, let go, it's not even that bad" I whined, thankfully it worked and my arm was released from the tall man's grip. I looked at the clean walls and blue lockers. "Let's just go back, it'll be gone before you know it."

        "I think she's right, you should go to the nurse just in case," He said softly, still walking down the hallway.

        "But it's not even that bad, just a little bump." He dragged me into the office and I looked around noticing that no one was there. "The nurse isn't even here, c'mon let's go," I begged trying to pull him back out the door.

        "Bambam, just sit down, I'll get the ice." He said as if he was distracted. My found a seat as I watched him go into the other room with the freezer and grab a sandwich bag, filling it with ice then bringing it back to me. I felt the coolness of the ice against my forehead and I sighed thinking about how many times he has done this since I met him.

        "I can hold it." I reached up to take the ice pack from him but he took it and set it back down. He kept his fingers loosely on my wrist while I stared at the tile flooring.

        "What did Nakoudo want to talk to you about the other day?" His voice holding a bit of knowledge to it.

        "Just about random stuff... You know..." I tried to avoid the topic.

        "It was about me wasn't it..." he laughed softly.

        "Sorry..." He moved the ice pack around a little.

        "It's okay, she was kind of telling me about it before you came to lunch." He let go of my wrist to rub the back of his neck. I looked up, making the ice pack fall a little.

        "What did she tell you?" The typical question came from my mouth as he fixed the position of the ice-filled bag.

        "That she thought I was a Matchmaker, and she's right, I'm a put-together Matchmaker" I saw him begin to smile and I felt my eyes widen.

        This means I have to make the first move...