A Buddy

Matchmaker

        Just as I thought, Nakoudo ran up to me checking my face and questioning me about who gave it to me and who she had to beat up. Thankfully, Yugyeom followed my directions and didn't confess that he was the one to throw the ball at my face. Nakoudo wouldn't hesitate to beat him up since she hasn't even met him yet.

        "Yeah, I wasn't looking where I was going and a ball hit my face." As the last four words left my mouth Jackson ran up to me and repeated what Nakoudo had been doing. Feeling my head turn from side to side, I looked at Yugyeom for help. He looked at me confused, I sighed and hoped that this torture would end soon. Thankfully, Mark and Junior pulled the two away, hugging them to keep them in place. Nakoudo remained still but Jackson moved so that he was the one hugging Mark. I laughed at them while rubbing my bruised cheek, telling them again that I was fine. I heard Yugyeom chuckle when Jackson and Nakoudo asked several more questions to make sure.

        Oh yeah, introductions need to be made. I cleared my throat and gathered the attention of the group just as the last couple, Jaebum and Youngjae, walked in. No one else paid mind as the class filled with chatter. I spoke just loud enough to keep the attention of the 7.

        "Guys, this is Yugyeom, he just moved here." I rested my hand on one of his shoulders instead of wrapping my arm around both of them, he would have to crouch down for me to do that. "Yugyeom, this is Nakoudo, Junior, Mark, Jackson, Youngjae, and Jaebum." I pointed to each person while saying their names. They all smiled back at him with a greeting. I wanted to point out that we were the only two that were single but that seemed harsh in my mind so I kept my mouth shut.

        "Oh, you have your next class with Youngjae, Nakoudo, and Junior, since fourth period is lunch you can just follow them to the lunch tables, and from there Mark, Jackson and Jaebum will take you to fifth period, then follow Jackson to sixth, and my class is right next to your guys's so we can walk to seventh and eighth period together," I explained to him in the simplest way I can. "If you need help just ask one of us." I gestured to the whole group before the bell rang. Yugyeom walked to the front of the room to be introduced while the rest of us took our seats.

        We ended up taking the whole back row. Since there was an empty seat next to the window on my left, Yugyeom sat there. From my right was Jackson, Mark, Junior, Nakoudo, Youngjae, and Jaebum. I smiled at all of them before the class started. Thankfully, there were no seat changes considering that Yugyeom and I were talking the whole time, along with everyone else.

        When second period ended, I waved goodbye to Yugyeom, Nakoudo, Junior, Youngjae, and Jaebum as Mark, Jackson, and I rushed to our class on the other side of campus like we always did. Sadly, our third period was Physical Education, which means we have to run more than we already did.

        "Okay, ladies! Three laps around the field today! If you do it under 20 minutes you get extra credit now go!" everyone raced off, including Mark, Jackson, and I. Mark and Jackson were always the fastest ones in the class and they would always be first, it was like they were racing each other. No one knew who was faster, some days Mark would win and other days Jackson would win. On very rare occasions, they would tie perfectly. I was always after them if not, right up there with them, but that was when I felt like running. I watched as they did their little race thing. I decided to slow down enough so that I was running alone.

        I enjoyed the silence, the only panting I heard was my own, along with the rhythmic thud of my shoes hitting the floor. My thoughts blanked out as the grass and surroundings blurred around me while I focused on the trail in front. I finally got out of my trance as someone yelled.

        "Bambam! Good job, extra credit!" My teacher was patting my back and I smiled sheepishly, walking over to the panting couple that got there a few minutes before me.

        "You look like you could still run" Mark commented when he caught his breath. I shrugged.

        "I probably can, I wasn't thinking about stopping anytime soon, I thought I was still on my first lap." I sat down and drank from the water bottle Jackson handed me.

        "What were you thinking about anyways?" Jackson asked, wiping his sweat away with his shirt, letting Mark sneak a peek at his happy trail. I shook my head knowingly at Mark, who just looked away blushing.

        "Nothing really, my mind just blanked out." I extended my legs out and let my back touch the floor as my head landed on my folded hands. I looked up at the couple in front of me. Jackson was still wiping his sweat away and Mark, knowing that I was there watching, was trying really hard not to look at him. As people started finishing their laps, I sat up again and headed towards the locker room to change out of the sweaty clothes. I finished my water while waiting for the other two males.

        "How did Nakoudo get you two together?" the random question popped into my mind while we were waiting in line for food. Mark blushed and Jackson hugged him tighter.

        "She made us play a game." I nodded slowly, not wanting to know anymore seeing how much Mark was blushing. When Jackson saw his face, he began to laugh. Mark whined and hit him, telling him to stop making fun of him. I laughed at the couple banter and grabbed an orange and cheeseburger from the selection of food.

        "Hey, there" Nakoudo waved, sitting next to Yugyeom. Jaebum and Youngjae were sitting across from them. I sat between Youngjae and Yugyeom as Jackson sat next you Jaebum and Mark next to him. Finally, Junior came and sat next to Nakoudo.

        "So Yugyeom, you know who to do with after this right?" Nakoudo asked. I noticed that she didn't have a lunch again and I already bit into mine. I looked around and locked eyes with Junior, giving him a look. He nodded and held up his hand, signaling me to wait. 

        "Uh, yeah I think so," he said scratching his head and biting into the chicken sandwich he had. He looked around trying to figure out who he was going to walk with afterwards. When he swallowed he answered with. "Jackson, Mark, and Jaebum." They all looked at me and I nodded, telling them that he was right.

        "Nakoudo, where's your lunch?" Mark asked from across the table, beating Junior to it. She shook her head and leaned back.

        "Not hungry, I'll eat when I get home" she stated as if no one would argue with her. I saw her protective boyfriend pick up a fry and hold it out to her. She shook her head but he still held it out to her. She rolled her eyes and took the fry. Junior seemed happy, only to give her a look when she put the fry in his mouth.

        I showed everyone but Nakoudo 3 fingers. "On one say 'Nakoudo, eat it.'" I whispered into Yugeom's ear. He nodded and I began the countdown.

        3

        2

        1

        "NAKOUDO EAT IT" We all screamed at the female. She rolled her eyes and reluctantly took a fry from Junior's tray.

        "You all act like I'm going to die if I skip one meal" She popped the fry into and chewed as we all explained to her why she needed to eat. Jackson said that she would get hungry during class, Mark said that she doesn't need to go on a diet, Jaebum said that Junior wasn't going to finish it anyways, Youngjae told her to stop lying, Yugyeom said that it wasn't good to skip a meal, I simply stated that she just needed to eat, and Junior said that he wanted to share.

        She rolled her eyes again and ate another fry, making us all proud of what we accomplished.

        "So, are there any teachers you hate yet?" I asked Yugyeom as the couples began chatting among themselves, I was glad that he was sitting with us, now I had someone to talk to. I heard him chuckle and he shook his head.

        "No, the teachers here are nice, I've met them all already."

        "I doubt that they're probably just nice because you're new" I finished my burger as he finished his sandwich.

        "Well, maybe they are just being mean to you." He joked. I played along and fake glared at him.

        "Are you trying to say I'm not a good student?" I threatened, trying to hold in my laugh.

        He mock bowed in his seat and in a high voice he replied, "I would never insult the high and mighty all great Bambam" He barely finished his sentence before be both burst out laughing, catching the attention of the other 6 around us. We were trying to control our laughter to explain but every time we got a word out the other would laugh and we would crack up all over again. They all shook their heads and went back to their individual conversations.

        Settling down little by little until all we did was snicker, we stood up to throw away our trash, taking everyone else's as well.

        "My stomach hurts" Yugyeom stated while holding his stomach.

        "My cheeks hurt from smiling so much." I laughed and tried to massage my face. It must have made me look weird because he started to laugh more. I shook my head and sat down again. "Stop laughing, my stomach is starting to hurt too" I slapped his shoulder playfully. He nodded and tried to hold in his laughter, failing miserably.

        "Dang, what could be so funny that you guys are still laughing about it?" Youngjae asked from underneath Jaebum's arm. While Yugyeom continued to laugh, making me chuckle at times, I explained the whole situation.

        Jaebum snorted and commented about me actually being a bad student. I stuck my tongue out at him, making Nakoudo laugh at the childish gesture. As the bell rang we all split into groups, I had my next class with Youngjae, Nakoudo, and Junior, walking with them, I turned and waved at the group walking in the opposite direction. tripping over my own two feet, Junior caught me and laughed at how clumsy I was.

        "You're already falling for him? You just met him today" He teased. I frowned and punched him in the arm, not hard enough to harm him, just hard enough to get my point across. I heard Nakoudo and Youngjae laugh from my other side.

        "Oi, no fighting" Nakoudo joined the conversation, teasing the both of us. Youngjae shook his head.

        "Why do I have to have a class with these idiots? Jaebum help!" we heard him call out to his boyfriend. I gave Junior and Nakoudo a look and they nodded. All three of us smirked evilly before jumping on Youngjae, I hugged his legs, making him slow down, Nakoudo wrapped her arms around his middle, and Junior wrapped his around Youngjae's neck.

        "Awww~ Youngjae don't you love us!" We all cooed at once. He said and face-palmed.

        "Aaaiiish" he groaned.