C'mon!

Matchmaker

        I was sitting in my room, looking at my phone, debating whether or not I should call Yugyeom so we could hang out. I was bored and I really didn't want to be alone on a weekend. All the couples were on dates so I didn't want to 7th wheel again.

        Actually, this was the first time the whole group hasn't gone out together since Yugyeom came. I guess they just wanted to make him feel welcomed before they went back to their couple activities.

         I looked at my phone again, I scrolled down to Yugyeom's name and my thumb hovered over the call button. My mind started to play out a scenario. If I called Yugyeom, I would have to be the one planning everything out and treating, I don't have that much money and I don't exactly know what to do. I sighed and leaned back against the wall.

        Maybe, I could just walk around and see if I bump into anyone else I know... I stood up, checked what I was wearing. A simple white and blue horizontal striped shirt and some black jeans. I shrugged and headed out, it's not like I was going on a date. I didn't even look that bad, my hair was already fixed from the shower I took so it's all good.

        "Bye Mom! I'm going out for a bit!" I yelled before shutting the door. I triple checked to see if I was forgetting any of the essentials. Phone, check, wallet, check, money inside the wallet, check, I.D., check. I thought about anything that I could be missing. "Oh yeah!" I ran back in to grab my ear-buds. I plugged them in and set the buds into my ear, leaving one out for two reasons, one, I need to listen if someone was telling me to move, two, it's broken. I played with the wire while making my way down the sidewalk.

        I found myself at the park. I made sure to look up and check if there were any flying objects threatening to hit me in the face. When the coast was clear, I walked over and sat on the swings. Gently bringing myself back and forth I started to think about my so-called 'Red String of Fate' I haven't thought about it ever since Yugyeom came but now that I was alone again, the thoughts are coming back. I looked down at my blue shoes, they were probably going to get dirty if I don't take care of them. I kicked a little bit of sand before a shadow appeared behind me and pushed my back.

        I gripped onto the chain of the swing, trying to regain balance before turning back and scolding whoever did that.

        "Look here buddy-" I was cut off by Yugyeom's laugh. I immediately shut my mouth, instead, I settled for a small frown and swung backward in an attempt to hit him. It didn't work though and I almost fell again. "Woah!" I felt my phone almost fall out of my pocket and my earbud fell out of my ear so I took my hand off the chain, but it only made the weight uneven, causing my other hand to let go. Thankfully, Yugyeom caught me before I hit the ground. My calves were still on the seat of the swing and his forearms were underneath my armpits, thankfully, my ear-buds didn't land in the sand. My was probably a couple of millimeters away from the ground though I looked up at the man who caught me. "Uhh... Thanks" I said, successfully taking my legs off of the swing and standing up. "BUT WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

        "Well, I saw you being all lonely and I thought you were sad so I tried to cheer you up" He smiled sheepishly. I laughed and shook my head.

        "You wanted to make me feel better by almost pushing me off the swing and onto the sand?" I rose my eyebrow up at him, he smiled back down at me and nodded. I sighed in laughter and shoved his shoulder lightly. "Rude, I could have died." I heard him laugh and sit on the swing next to me.

        "Nah, the worst thing that could have happened was that you ate some sand." He began to swing high, bending his long legs in an awkward position so that they wouldn't crash into the sand. After setting my ear-buds in my pocket, I began to do the same. I matched my kicks to his so that we would swing at the same time.

        "So what brings you to the park?" I looked to the side, watching as the wind pushed his silver hair back, revealing his forehead.

        "Nothing really, I was just bored. I'm guessing that's the reason you are here too." He said we were now swinging so high that our butts were coming off the swing and connecting to it harshly when we go backward. I felt my phone falling out of my pocket again and I tried to stop myself. I saw Yugyeom jump off his swing before helping me stop. I blushed at the simple action.

        "I didn't need help." I pouted up at him he shook his head while laughing.

        "Seems like you did." He teased and grabbed my phone out of my pocket before running away.

        "Hey!" I yelled and scrambled off the swing to chase him down. Yugyeom was fast, he sprinted across the field while laughing, leaving me in the dust. I groaned and jogged after him fast enough to keep him in eyesight. He began to slow down and I took that as my chance. I sprinted towards him will all my might. I couldn't stop fast enough so when I collided with him, he hugged me and spun me around so we wouldn't fall.

        "Woah there, I wasn't going to open it" He joked and let go of me. I pouted and took my phone back and set it in my pocket after checking my pockets to see if anything else fell out. I looked up at  him while panting. He smiled and took my hand, bringing me across the street to his house again.

        When he knocked on the door, the same hyper girl as always came out and greeted us.

        "Hi, Bambam! Yugyeom, you got home earlier than I thought you were going to be. Where is everyone else?" She looked around for the 6 other people. 

        "Oh, they are all on dates, I met Yugyeom when I was at the park." I pointed in the direction behind us. I saw her nod while a certain gleam in her eye shone. It was the same gleam that Nakoudo had when we were playing Twister.

        "Well come in, come in. Yugyeom, like I said earlier, I thought you were going to be home later so I made plans to go out. I'm coming back at around 5 so in about  7 hours. There should still be some leftover food in the fridge but if you don't want it order pizza with YOUR money." She told us about everything we needed while she made her way towards the door. "Don't open this for anyone you don't know, be safe, and don't burn the house down if you decide to cook anything." She warned.

        "Yeah, yeah, we know all of this already." Yugyeom shooed his older sister away before plopping down on the couch. "What do you wanna watch?" I shrugged.

        "Anything is fine, I'm really indecisive so..." I trailed off, sitting next to him. I watched the number of channels change and a bunch of shows pop up. I heard him sigh and watched as a search bar came up and he typed out the name of something I don't know. I shrugged internally and went along with anything he wanted. Taking the chance, I started to listen to music again.

        I moved myself to a better position after taking my shoes off. I was laying with my knees bent and pointed up while my head rested on the armrest with both my arms folded on my stomach over my phone. I looked and saw that Yugyeom had his right elbow on the other armrest with his legs to the side. His cheek was leaning against his palm as his left hand pressed buttons on the remote in search of a show.

        "What are you looking for?" I asked. Lowering the volume on my phone slightly to hear his answer through both ears.

        "It's my favorite movie that was made off the book. The movie was made by the same person so they are exactly alike." He furrowed his brow trying to find the right movie. "What are you listening to?" He looked my way and I showed him my phone screen. I watched him nod before he turned his attention back to the T.V.

        "What's it about?" I asked, turning my head back to the screen, playing with the broken earbud.

        "This guy gets a number and when he texts it he gets to know the other person and they fall in love." I heard the embarrassment in his voice while something clicked in my mind.

        "Oh, Finding You? I love that movie." I remembered the first time I read it after Nakoudo told me to, and then we went to see the movie together.

        "That's the title!" he grinned and began to type in the letters. "You've watched it before?" I sat upright while nodding, taking my ear-buds out again before rolling them up and setting them in my pocket.

        "I read it too, I love how the author constructed the book, although, I wish that the title was longer." I watched as the movie cover came up, showing two guys, one with a backpack on his shoulder, and a hat on his head, while another guy was wearing a suit and both of them combined their hands to make a heart. 

        "Why?" Yugyeom asked. I turned my head to gape at him.

        "You really don't know?" he shook his head and I sighed.

        "The title of the book is "Finding You" There are 11 characters if you include the space, and there are 11 chapters. If you look at the chapter titles, you notice that the first letter of every title spells out 'Finding You' if the book name was longer, then the book would be longer. I heard that Rizeru-chan does that with all her books" I watched as his facial expressions went from confusion to awe while I explained

        "When did you figure that out?" He asked.

        "I always look for those kind of things while I'm reading a story. I'm glad there's finally an author that does it." He stood up and I watched as he walked into another room. "What are you doing?" I asked watching his figure leave my eyesight.

        "Looking for the book to see if you're telling the truth" He yelled back. A few seconds later he came back and flipped through the pages of the book to confirm that the chapter titles spell out  the book title. "She's so clever, how did I not know this before? I read it about 10 times and I never knew that she did that."

        "Well, I don't think a lot of people know that. I haven't told anyone about it." I shrugged as he sat down again, setting the book on the table and pressing play on the movie. I mirrored his position as we watched the beginning but we both sat up when the middle came around. Feeling the tears race down my cheeks, I wiped them away quickly.

        Near the end of the movie, it was getting really hard to keep the tears in again, I looked over at Yugyeom and I could tell he was thinking the same thing. My eyes just dried from the scene of the seventh chapter. When the scene matched the cover of the book and picture of the movie, a tear rolled down my cheek before several others followed. I wiped my eyes with a smile at the happy ending, sighing when it was over.

        "Movie gets me every time." I continued to wipe the tears out of my eyes and I let a small chuckle escape. I saw Yugyeom still staring at the screen as tears streamed down his face. I crawled over to him and wiped them away. Laughing when he blushed and pushed me away. "It's okay, I was crying too." I pointed to the tear stains on my cheeks.

        "I wish she would make a Sequel," he said. I nodded in agreement and went back to my position before the movie started.

        "Me too, but it's been over 3 years, so I doubt she will make another book on them."

        "Awww, but I wanted to see them go on more dates" Yugyeom whined.

        "I know, the way she ended it was so sudden and bittersweet but I can't help but love it." I groaned and pushed myself up so that my was on the armrest and I was looking at the upside down door. I wasn't expecting Yugyeom to tickle me and I flinched, arching up and hitting my head on Yugyeom's. Pain erupted through my skull and I groaned again.

        "Owwww~!" I rubbed my head as Yugyeom bolted off the couch, I'm guessing he was going to get some ice. As I thought, he came back with an ice pack. As his hands gently removed mine from my head, he replaced them with the cloth-covered ice pack. I watched as his hand never let go of mine and he applied pressure to the bump in a caring way. I smiled down at our hands and didn't dare move anything. I sat there, enjoying the feel of being cared of.

        After a while, my head felt better and I looked up to thank him. Then I remembered that I hit him too.

        "Oh, your head!" I grabbed the ice pack from his head and did the same thing he was doing to me a while ago, except, I took my other hand out of his. I saw him bring his hand up and press against mine, making the ice press harder on the forming bruise.

        "Thanks." I stared at our hands and then down to his face. He looked up at me with a lopsided smile and I felt myself leaning in. He let our hands fall to the side as we inched closer, I felt our hands lace again but right before our lips touched the door busted open and his sister came in.

        I jumped back and turned to look at her, I felt a blush make its way across my cheeks and his hand let  go of mine before she could see it.

        "Eh... You're back. It's only." He paused and looked at the time, "12... I thought you weren't going to be back till 5..."

        "Yeah, but they all had a sudden change in plans. Oh well, it's all good, I'll just head up to my room." She walked away, leaving Yugyeom and me in an awkward silence. I looked at the direction his sister walked in, wishing that she would come down and do something about the atmosphere. When she didn't come back, I looked back at the silver haired man. Thankfully, my phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out to see that it was Nakoudo.

        "Yeah?" I asked through the speaker as Yugyeom took the ice pack and set it back in the freezer.

        "I have something to tell you"