Undisclosed

CHARMED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly as I possibly could, I moved out of the bed without waking Jae. He whimpered into the silence of early morning and I tensed, instantly freezing. I knew he needed to sleep more. I didn’t want him to wake up this early.

I had always been a morning person and my active mind wasn’t helping matters much this morning. I couldn’t stop thinking of what we’d done last night. I gave him everything I had ever cherished enough to hold onto. But I surrendered my body to him – giving him the only gift I could possibly give him that can’t be bought anywhere else – and it was all because I was so madly in love with him.

I woke up with no regrets though, only an almost weakening pleasure and gladness. I prayed he woke with the same feeling of content happiness as I did.

When I’d finally untangled myself completely off him, I ran to my bedroom where I dressed in a comfortable pair of long shirts. I pulled my messy hair into a bun and sneaked down the stairs. I was in serious need of hot cocoa.

I made it to the bottom step and froze at the sight of Daniel sitting on the sofa. His elbows were planted on his knees and his head was bowed. He looked troubled, miserable and my heart pitched at the memory of how I’d treated him. I’d been so mean.

“Daniel?” I spoke quietly, slowly walking towards him.

He lifted his head to look up at me with dog-tired eyes. “How are you, Dara?”

“I’m okay,” I replied honestly. “How about you? How are you?”

“Please don’t walk away from Jae,” he muttered and shook his head. “I know what he did last night was ed up…but he didn’t do anything. I asked Uee and he didn’t do anything at all. I kind of want to kill my brother myself for it for not being careful.” He ran a hand over the back of his neck. “But…you know, my brother needs you…more than you’ll ever know. I’ve never seen Jae happy before. But he is happy now because of you.”

I sat down beside him.

“Did you think I would leave?” I asked.

He nodded. “I thought you were going to walk out of here before sunrise that’s why I tried to stay awake.” He looked at me with worried eyes. “That’s not what you were doing now, is it?”

I chuckled and shook my head.

“Nope. I’m not going anywhere, Daniel.”

“Did…did you talk to my brother?” he asked after a long moment of silence.

“I did,” I said as I nodded, thinking of the words I needed to say to Daniel to squash his fear of me leaving Jae. “Honestly, I’m still hurting over what I saw even if he didn’t do anything.” Daniel nodded and I continued, “But I’m in love with Jae, so much, actually. I just can’t make myself walk away from him. For some reason, I can’t do it.”

“You know he didn’t do anything…not with her or with anyone since he met you,” Daniel quietly said.

“Jae assured me last night,” I said. “But I know because of what I’ve seen with my own eyes…it was a bit hard to make it go away. He looked pained last night.” My voice shook. “I am so hurt when I think of what I saw last night…I still feel upset about it, but I also know that he didn’t do anything with her. I’m not saying its okay and that everything is okay, because it wasn’t. You’re right when you said he should have been more careful about the women he’s hanging out with especially if he wants me in his life…but I’m willing to forgive him for that.”

“You’re an amazing girl, Dara,” Daniel murmured in disbelief. “And here I thought I’d have to beg and convince you to stay and you’d already forgiven the .”

“You really want him to be with me, huh? Is that why you’re still awake?”

He nodded. “Why are you awake?”

“I like waking up early,” I said.

“The sun hasn’t even risen, Dara.”

I grinned. “I like rising with the sun, Daniel.”

“Well, there’s coffee if you want some,” he said as he stood. “I made a pot. It was the only thing I had to keep me up.”

“Can I ask you something, Daniel?”

He looked at me and nodded.

“What happened to you? I mean…Jae told me about your mom and dad…a bit of it, but what’s your story?” I asked, not sure why I wanted to know.

It wasn’t really my business. But living with them – with Jae and Daniel – I’ve seen flashes of sadness, desperation and loneliness in both of them. I always wondered why because maybe…just maybe I could help them both.

He sighed and looked out of the dark sky.

“So Jae told you about our mom?” he asked.

“Some parts of it…” I replied.

“Like what?” he asked.

“Like how your mother loved your dad but he was sort having unrequited love for someone else. And that your mom died of cancer when you were both still young and not once did Jae see your dad caring for your mom,” I answered truthfully.

He nodded slowly.

“Yeah…that sort of sums it up. My father and I have a lot in common. I also…have an unrequited love but just like my mom, she…” he trailed off.

I frowned, realization dawning me. “She died?”

He nodded.

“Since when?” I asked.

“Almost 10 years ago. She was a childhood friend…and we were meant to be together,” he said softly, still looking at the horizon, lost in his memories. “I was young and immature so I didn’t pay much attention about us. Just like how my dad didn’t pay attention to my mom. I had this misconception that no matter what she will end up with me anyway. So I took her for granted and then one day…she was gone…car accident.”

I frowned and felt his own pain, remembering how it felt like to lose my parents in a car accident.

“Daniel, if…if that was years ago…I know time will heal you,” I said gently.

He shook his head. “Time won’t heal me. It already destroyed me. Just like Jae will, if you leave him.”

“What do you mean?”

“He loves you, really loves you. Him, me and my dad…we only love once,” he said.

I looked down not understanding his words. I wanted to know more but I knew that I couldn’t ask for it unless he was willing to share it with me.

“What is her name?” I asked, randomly.

He turned around and looked at me. His eyes were a bit unfocused as he spoke.

“you,” he replied softly.

I nodded softly, trying to digest all the information.

“Daniel, I’m sorry about what happened to you and her…but rest assured,” I said as I looked at him right in the eye. “I am not going to leave Jae.”

“You have a good heart, Dara. You remind me of my you a lot.” He shook his head as though mystified. “I don’t know how Jae won it over, but I’m so happy that he did finally find you. You’re everything he exactly needs.”

“He is everything I need too,” I replied quietly.

The silence was interrupted by a loud bang above us. I frowned as I stood, looking up at the ceiling. Daniel shook his head and chuckled.

“Do you think he fell out of bed? Too ing scared when he realized you weren’t with him?”

I didn’t have a chance to reply as Jae flew down the stairs in only his sweats. His panicky eyes settled on me and he breathed a loud sigh of relief.

“I thought you left, Angel…” he said, breathing loudly.

Daniel grumbled. “She should have.”

Jae glared at his brother. “I’m aware of that, Daniel.” He looked to me. “But I’ll never let her leave me. I’ll always find her wherever that may be.”

“Figure your out then, lover boy,” Daniel growled as he moved past him toward the steps to the basement. “Because as much as she is for you…you really don’t deserve her brother.”

“I know,” Jae answered quietly. He looked right into my eyes. “I know I don’t deserve her, Daniel. That’s why I’m never going to let her go.”

Daniel spun around on Jae. His breaths were rambling.

“You won’t let her go because you’re in love with her! Say it! Don’t give me other reasons but that one only!” Daniel hissed. “You’re not dad who is still delusional as . And you’re not me. What happened to me won’t happen to you, if you know how to appreciate what you have in front of you.”

His words sounded like an accusation and I frowned as I watched them stare at each other fisted hands and puffed chests. They were both infuriated.

Jae looked at his brother intensely.

“By the way, Dad’s planning on coming out for your next, uh…” he glanced at me. “…work shift at Club JYJ,” Daniel said.

Jae stiffened. “We’ll talk about this later, Daniel.”

“It’s bound to come out at some point, Jae. You can’t hide it forever. She will not be like dad’s girl. And you won’t act like me…not anymore.”

Jae turned and when he spoke, I swore he sneered. “Not yet, Daniel.”

Daniel shrugged. “See you later, Dara.”

“Uh, sleep tight, Daniel.”

I watched as he vanished into the basement before I set my eyes on Jae. Just as I was about to speak, words sounded from his mouth.

“I…I thought you left me,” he said.

“I told you I would never leave,” I said firmly and he nodded. “Do you not believe me, Jae?”

“Of course I believed you, Angel.”

“Then why did you think I left you?” I asked.

“Because it would be the best thing for you to do,” he said as he looked down. “For yourself, that is…”

I stepped toward him, cupping his face in my hands.

“I don’t want to hear you talk like that ever again,” I whispered softly. I stood on my tiptoes, pressing my lips to his. “I am in love with you, Jae.”

He groaned, his hands moving quickly around my back.

“You don’t understand how much I love you, Dara.”

“I do,” I whispered. “I do know now.”

**

I had a little to no desire to go into Club JYJ for my shift, but I also wasn’t willing to remain holed up in bed with Jae, despite how much I loved it. I wanted to apologize for my behavior to the guys – to Yamapi and Hayami – and I was thankful that no one saw my explosive rage apart from them, Daniel and Jae.

I wasn’t sure if Yamapi and Hayami understood what just happened. Maybe they were really aware about between me and Jae. But all I knew was that I had acted impulsively and inappropriately last night. I wanted to apologize for myself.

I was feeling nervous and a little insecure about going into Club JYJ for work. What if Uee was there? I didn’t want to see her and I knew I more than likely would. Jae had been right when he said she was a regular at the club. I didn’t know how I would hold onto my rationality when I saw her, but I would have to find a way to grit my teeth and be the bigger person. I couldn’t let her see that she’d upset me even though it was flat out obvious by the way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter