Confusion

CHARMED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who to stay in your life. That person will be the quiet & confusion of your heart.

“Can you give me a ride home?” I asked at CL as I held my coat tighter around my body.

“You don’t have a car?” she asked back.

“Jae drove me here,” I said. “He, uh, insisted.”

“Jae drove you?” she scoffed. “On his what?

“What do you mean?”

“He has a lot of rides,” she explained.

“Oh, his sports bike.”

“Wow,” she said and then whistled. “I don’t think he’s ever done that before. Not one woman on his sports bike. Car, sure, but never that one. And I know for a fact that he never made any kind of scene like he had tonight with Hayami just because the guy was flirting with you.” She was in obvious awe as she looked at me. “Well, Dara, I don’t know what to say, to be honest, that boy is all kinds of warped for you.”

I raised a brow. “Warped? What do you mean by that?”

“Totally, confused, twisted and damaged,” she said as she waved her hand everywhere. “Completely changed over his feelings for you.”

I held up my hand. “That’s not it…you know what, I really don’t want to hear it. I’m a bit mad at him right now.”

“I would too,” she said. “Come on, I’ll drive you.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Oh, thank you. I don’t live too far. It’s just by the Resident’s Area at Eulji University.”

I walked with CL through the hall toward the back doors and to my surprise Yamapi was still there.

Did he never leave since we arrive? Was he a live-in doorman or something tonight?

“Hey, Yamapi,” CL said as she waved and he looked up from his phone.

“Going home, CL?” he asked and she nodded. “See you tomorrow. Be safe.” His eyes then registered on me and his friendly tone changed to gruff. “Where are you going?”

“I’m taking her home,” CL answered for me before she threw open the back door and I waved to Yamapi as he stood inside looking at us.

“Wait!” he called out. “If I’m not mistaken, Jae is driving you.”

“No.” I shook my head. “I asked CL to drive me home tonight. You can tell Jae goodnight for me though, if you happen to see him.” I smiled sweetly at him as his eyes narrowed.

“I’ll do that,” he said as he shook his head. She saw him smirked a little bit. “But I have to tell you, he’s going to be really mad for this.”

I shrugged. “I really don’t care. I’m already mad at him.”

Yamapi smiled. “You’re braver than I thought. Nice. Good luck with Jae.”

“See you tomorrow,” I said as I waved again. “That is, if I still have a job.”

Both Yamapi and CL said in unison, “You will.”

He went back inside and closed the back door.

I laughed as CL and I walked to her car. It was a cold night but I was happy. I was glad that Jae didn’t have to drive me home tonight. I couldn’t imagine freezing my off riding his sports bike. I’d probably get sick by the time I’m back home.

“So freaking cold tonight,” CL said as she unlocked her car with the remote keys and we both entered.

“Yeah, it is. Almost freezing,” I answered as I rubbed my hands together. I looked around at the back parking lot, trying to see Jae’s sports bike. “Did you see Jae’s sports bike?”

She shook her head, looking around. “No.”

I laughed. “Maybe he left without me or with someone else. Either way, I really don’t care.”

“I think you do,” CL said. “Hate to admit it to you, Dara, but it’s written all over your face. You care about him more than you know or care to admit.”

“Yeah, well, I wish I didn’t. That sports bike isn’t safe at night or in this kind of weather.”

She grinned. “The first step in admitting it.”

I looked at her and smiled. I couldn’t help but think of Bom. I really wanted to introduce these 2. They were so similar that I knew they would hit it off immediately; then again, they could also hate each other because of the same reason. Either way, I wanted to try.

“I can’t believe Jae didn’t knock Hayami tonight.”

I looked at her again. “I thought he was going to. I can feel the tension.” That was what had pissed me off. I didn’t condone violence especially when it involves a friend.

“Well, strictly, he’s not allowed to do that outside the…” CL closed as though remembering herself and I narrowed her eyes.

“Outside what? What do you mean?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Never mind.” She shook her head. “It’s nothing.”

“No, it’s not nothing,” I said slowly. “What were you about to say?”

“Jae just can’t fight, that’s it,” she said sternly. I could tell she wanted me to stop asking questions but I couldn’t.

“Why not?” I pushed.

“Well, one reason is that he’s part owner of Club JYJ,” she scoffed. “Imagine the lawsuit, if that happens. The other reason…well, it’s too private to discuss.”

“Oh,” I said. I was getting paranoid. I thought she was going to say something unthinkable because it sounded like it was big deal at first.

“You know Jae has a quick and violent hand, right?” she asked. I could tell she was very careful in choosing her words like she was somehow trying not to break some unspoken rule.

“Uh, that’s what I’ve heard,” I replied dryly.

“Good. So long as you know.”

“So long as he can control it, I really don’t care.”

“Control it?” she asked, her face was scrunched up. “He doesn’t…Hmm…” She was observing me. I wasn’t sure why though.

“CL, he just controlled himself tonight,” I defended. “You saw what almost happened. He wanted to start a fight with Hayami, but he did the right thing instead.”

CL shifted uncomfortably. “And…um, what’s the right thing?”

“He didn’t fight,” I said simply. “He acted maturely during that situation and he controlled his anger.”

“Right…” CL sighed. “I guess you don’t know much…”

“What is that?” I asked again.

She smiled at me and shook her head. I took charge of the silence and changed the subject from Jae. I didn’t want to talk about him anymore.

“Are you still in school?”

CL shook her head. “I’m undecided. I figured I’d live it out in the real world for a bit. I wanted to enjoy my freedom.”

“Is it helping?”

Confusion screwed her face as she flipped through the radio stations, trying to find a good music. “Is what helping?”

“Living in the real world as you said it? I mean, do you know what you want yet?”

“No.” She settled on a Hip Hop/RnB station. “I still don’t have a clue what I want for now.”

I smiled. “Well, you’re not alone on that one. College students are like that.”

“Yeah, well I hope yours is worth it.”

I nodded unwaveringly on a deep breath. “It will be.”

As we drove through the streets of Daejeon, we passed by open stores, restaurant and coffee shops. CL checked them out in her windshield.

“Want to get some coffee?”

“Well, I should really go to bed, after tonight I’m drained,” I said.

“You’ll get used to it. Do you have homework to do?”

“Well, technically, I should spend my free time studying if I want to pass,” I winched on a sigh. It was actually 2 a.m. and I had to be at the university by 7 a.m. I highly doubted that this was something I could just ‘get used to’.

“If that’s the case, then you need caffeine in your system,” she stated stubbornly. “We’ll stop at Starbucks.”

She flicked her blinker to turn left and there was a Starbucks Coffee Shop just around the next corner.

She smiled. “You know, normally I don’t get along with women at the club, but I like you. You’re okay.”

“Uh, thanks,” I replied. “You’re not so bad yourself.”

“Chun has to meet you,” she exclaimed. “Maybe i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter