part 9

Punch!

"Mom, I’m going to be a few minutes late."

Minyoung called her mother so she won’t be worried at her.She was still in the class, looking through the window as she told Jimin to wait for her at the school gate.

Collecting her things, Minyoung felt someone entering the classroom behind her.

"Jimin, I told you to wait for— ah! What are you doing here?"

Jungkook was walking toward his desk and bent down, looking in his drawer. “I forget something.”

"Hmm… I hope you will find it." Minyoung said, putting the last textbook in her bag. "I will go then."

"Are you going home?" Jungkook asked, he was still searching in his drawer. Minyoung wonder what was inside his drawer that made him take so long.

"No, Jimin and I are going to hang out a bit." Minyoung answered and took some steps to the door when Jungkook stood on his feet and said, "It’s not good then, I wanted to walk you home."

Minyoung almost smiled shyly when she remembered he shouldn’t be like this. He should take Haeun home not her. “Shouldn’t you ask your girlfriend instead of me?”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow, “Girlfriend?”

Minyoung nodded, “I understand we are friends. But she’s the jealous type of girls that I don’t want to face. So let’s make our distant at the school as well. Okay?”

"Who are you talking about?"

"Haeun! Isn’t she your girlfriend?" Minyoung asked, looking at Jungkook with sad eyes.

"She is…" He looked down at his hands and sighed, running his hand over his hair.

"Okay then…" Minyoung gave a small smile. "I will see you tomorrow."


 

She ran out of the class as she didn’t want to hear anything that do with Haeun and she didn’t want to make Jimin wait any longer.

Actually, Jungkook wasn’t looking for anything, he was looking for another chance to talk to her and to take her home. He still felt bad for letting her go home alone in the rain and at school, Haeun’s eyes were on him, daring him to talk to Minyoung.

Running a hand through his hair, he decided to visit luhan a little bit before heading to his training.

Luhan had always been a good brother to him, he told him all his secret and worries and Luhan would give him some advice.

He even knew about Junkook’s feeling toward Minyoung.

"Hyung…" Jungkook called as he entered the library. Luhan wasn’t at his desk. "Did he go home?… Hyung!"

Jungkook felt a body approaching him from behind. The body was walking slowly, for not being noticed, but Jungkook Jumped backward and turned with his fist in front of his hands only to find Luhan in front of him.

"I wanted to scare you…" Luhan said, disappointed, more like annoyed.

"It’s an old trick Hyung." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"But Minyoung fall into it every time, I bet she thinks this library has ghosts. She got scared easily." Luhan laughed, remembering every time he had scared Minyoung and her expression. "So what do you want?"

"Nothing… I came to check you out."

Luhan narrowed his eyes and raised an eyebrow, “Jungkook, spill it out!”

Sighing, Jungkook said, “Hyung can you protect Minyoung for me?”

***

Minyoung’s POV

Jimin and I kept walking for half an hour, now. I didn’t know where we were, but it didn’t look like there were any department stores anywhere near us, as I saw was, fields and fields and more fields.

I looked at Jimin, worried. “Jimin… Are you sure we are walking in the right direction?”

"Huh! Hmm…" Jimin nodded, gulping hard

Jimin looked nervous about something. Was she not sure of the direction? Or was she thinking of what she should buy for her boyfriend?

"Jimin, don’t worry, we will find a good present for him?"

"Who?" Jimin snapped and I chuckled, "your boyfriend, Jimin."

"Ah, right! My boyfriend… Minyoung do you trust me?"

I looked at her and gave her a big smile, “Of course, I do”

She looked at an old hold house that was placed alone between the fields and bit her lips and looked at me again.

"I’m sorry Minyoung, let’s return back."

"Wae?" I narrowed my eyes, "Is something wrong?"

"Just listen to me, you weren’t supposed to be here… Please, let’s go back, " she looked nervous, worried and scared. "She shouldn’t see you here." Jimin whispered and it sent the chill all over my body.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Please, please Minyoung…" Her eyes started to water. "They will hurt you badly, I shouldn’t have… Minyoung go."

"I’m not going anywhere until I understand what’s going on!" I said firmly but i was shaking from inside, "who’s going to hurt me? What are you talking about?"

Jimin slide her hands to my wrist as she pulled me, back toward where we just come from. When suddenly Haeun and two of her girls that I didn’t know there name, come and blocked our way.

"No, no, no" Jimin said, shaking her head.

"Thank you Jimin-ah for bringing her here."

My heart stopped beating for a second as I turned my head to face Jimin slowly. “Jimin…”

"No, no.." She shook her head as the tears started to find their ways across her face.

"Minyoung-ssi, there’s a mistake you have done so we wanted to punish you and Jimin gladly helped us.."

"I never wanted to.." Jimin shouted and Haeun smiled at her, approaching her.

I was still frozen trying to understand what’s going on. Jimin betrayed me!

Haeun placed a hand over jimin’s shoulder as Jimin shot her a disgusting look. “You can go now. It’s the end for you.”

"I’m not going anywhere without Minyoung." Jimin said determinedly and Haeun scoffed, "Jimin-ah, go before I break your legs, my dear, you don’t want that to happen right? Or… Should I cut your beautiful hair that everyone in the school would make fun of you?"  

Jimin was in a complete horror and my heart was beating fast. Haeun wasn’t even a human she couldn’t be.

"What are you going to do to her?" Jimin choked, gulping her tears.

"It’s not your business now." Haeun squeezed Jimin shoulder before shoving her away, "Now, leave!"

Jimin didn’t waist any minute longer as she ran for her life, back home.  

Leaving me behind. I wasn’t really in my right mind all I could think of was that this country had betrayed me again.

"Now, it’s your turn.." Haeun smirked, pulling my collar closer to her. "Didn’t I warn you?"

I felt my body shaking, and every bone in my body wanted to run away from the other. I just kept looking at her eyes without saying a word.

"You… You are really annoying me." She loosened her grip from my collar only to grab my hair and I cried out in pain, she was pulling me with her to the old house.

"Yah! Leave me alone."

"You didn’t listen to me.. You are still stuck with him like a gum.. He’s.. He’s.."

"Yah! What are you doing?" A male voice shouted and Haeun stopped moving, but her grip on my hair was still strong. I felt like my skin would come out with her, it was so painful.

"Who’s the hell are you?" Haeun said. The footsteps of the voice’s owner were approaching us.

"Leave her alone."

Haeun scoffed, rolling her eyes, “Stay away from this, sir. It’s not your business.”

"When you are gripping the hair of my best friend, then it’s my business."

I looked up to find Jimin in front of me. What is he doing here?

I let out a sigh of relief, but soon it was gone as Haeun pulled my hair again. I cried in pain.

I saw Jimin shooting her an angry look, the blood was reaching up to his face. “Get the hell away from her.”

"You get away." Haeun said in a challenging voice, before pulling my hair up to face her, "It looks like you have a lot of guys around you."    

"Let me go." I said angrily through my teeth when Jimin held Haeun’s wrist  that was grabbing my hair and squeezed it.

Haeun glared at him. Her face showed pain, Jimin was so strong but she was stubborn enough not to let go of me.

"Look here girl." Jimin’s satoori showed as his tone was deadly threatening, "I don’t like to hit girls but if you didn’t let go of her, I don’t mind killing you right now."

What?

Jimin suddenly became so handsome and cool in my eyes. He was someone, I doubt that I knew before. Since when was he so cool!

Haeun loosened her grip and Jimin done the same. He gave his innocent smile to the girls before holding me from my arm and pulled me close to his side.

"You are going to pay for this Minyoung." Haeun frowned and Jimin smirked, "Then deal with me first."  before leading me away from them.

When Haeun and the girls were no longer at the site, Jimin let out a breath and placed his hand over his chest.

"Ah, Oh My God! That was scary. Those girls are so scary. Oh My God."

I scoffed and chuckled, wiping my tears with the back of my hands “you were very cool back there.”

"It was from lines I had memorized for the school play." He said and I laughed hard.

He’s such a dork

Jimin knew how to put his words in place or his lines in the play in real life.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a smile over my face despite the few drops of tears that didn’t make my vision clear.

"I come to stay here with you."

"What?" My eyes widened.

"Just for a few days. Is it okay?" He asked, reaching his hands to my cheeks and wiped what remained of my tears

I nodded happily. “Of course it is.” I warped my hands around his waist and hugged him. I really did, Miss him. “How did you know I was there?”

"You told me before this was your countryside?"

I hit his arm playfully, “I didn’t mean it like this. I mean there, where you suddenly became superman?”

"I didn’t know. I just lost my way when I heard a screaming and it turned out to be you."

I chuckled as I let go of him, “idiot.”

He pulled me close to him again for another hug as he whispered, “I missed you, my dearest friend.”

When he let go, he gave me a smile and asked, “Are they always like this to you?”

I stayed quiet, because they weren’t and at the same time they were.

"Does your mother know?"

"No, no. Don’t tell her. Understood?"

Jimmy looked at me with a worried expression as he nodded and put his hands in his pocket.

I knew he had a lot on his mind. It wasn’t something easy to find your best friend being bullied for the first time and you couldn’t do anything to stop this from happening.

***

Narrator POV

Jimin ran as fast as she could. All in her mind was how to find Jungkook. She knew he was close to Minyoung and the only one who would help her and stop Haeun.

Jimin hated herself at that moment. How could she betray her friend who had never done anything wrong to her.

If there were any river near here, she would have thrown herself in it, but Finding Jungkook was more important.

Jimin was running when suddenly a body appeared in front of her and she crashed into it, falling over the ground.

"Are you okay?" The voice said quickly, worried if he had hurt Jimin.

She nodded, trying to stand on her feet again, when she heard her name being called, “Jimin, what’s wrong?” Jungkook asked, helping her stand up.

He saw the horror in her face “Did something happened?” He looked around for a second, then back at Jimin who was trying to catch her breath, she couldn’t believe that Jungkook appeared from nowhere suddenly.

"Where is Minyoung?"

"Ha-Haeun.. She is…" Without continuing her sentence, Jungkook sprinted to where Jimin come from. He knew where to find Haeun. He knew where she would be when she hurt someone.

Because she did that a lot. To every girl who even tried or think to have feelings for him. Or to any girl that Haeun didn’t really like.

Haeun was the reason of every rumor around their school, starting from her brother who had hurt Minyoung’s brother, to her who made two girl suicide before because of her awfully bullying.

No one could do anything to her because there was no evidence of what she was doing and even if there was, her father payed a lot to the school. So who knew what the true person she was would shut his mouth for the money.  

It had made Jungkook disgusting. He didn’t like her even a little bit, but she kept sticking to him, claiming herself as his girl without his welling. It had been always like this since they were kids. After Minyoung left the country. After Haeun’s brother took the championship. After Seokjin’s death.

Seokjin’s death was a huge issue at that time. No one in the country stopped talking about how he threw himself in front of a car because he got tired of his gangster’s life.

Running, Jungkook stopped when he noticed her. Minyoung was walking side by side with unfamiliar boy. A boy whom he had never seen before. He stopped and hid behind one of the trees that filled both sides of the road.

He took another peek and Found Minyoung suddenly hugging the boy. Tears and a smile were on her face and his heart twisted.

Who’s he?

Without noticing Jungkook, Minyoung and Jimin walked passed Jungkook and he sighed in relived that she was okay. Than Haeun didn’t do anything to her.

He slid over the ground as his legs didn’t fond strength anymore. He was so scared something would happen to Minyoung.

She’s okay Jungkook thought, trying to calm his mind. She’s fine, that’s what is important.

Jungkook wanted to go to Haeun and to crush her bones. How could Haeun break her promise?  

But since Minyoung didn’t seem to have been hurt anywhere he was going to let go of her.

This guy that was with Minyoung still annoyed Jungkook. Who was he? Why Minyoung hugged him? Was he her boyfriend? Is it why she rejected me when I asked her out?

Yes, when Minyoung asked Jungkook to be friends, but he said he would prefer it if she was his girlfriend instead of his friend. He might have sounded like an arrogant but he meant every word when he told them. But instead he made it look like a flirting or teasing  Minyoung because he found her reaction cute back then.

Jungkook found himself a coward with his feelings toward Minyoung. He couldn’t be honest with his own feelings and it hurt both of them. Most likely him, from his point of view. But protecting her came first and since Haeun broke her promise first he wouldn’t resist back his feelings anymore, even if she happened to have a boyfriend.

***

"Mom…" Minyoung called as she opened her house door, "come in, Jimin."

"Ajomma!"

Minyoung chuckled hitting Jimin’s arm. “If you want to stay here, stop calling her that.”

For their 10 year friendship Jimin had sometimes called Minyoung’s mother Ajomma which annoyed her mom a little.

Minyoung’s mother was married in her early twenties, so she hated it when kids called her Ajomma and Jimin liked teasing her since he liked her so much. 

"Minyoung, are you home?" Minyoung’s mother shouted from the kitchen so Minyoung shouted back,"Yeah, and I have a present for you."

"How was your shopping with… What the hell is he doing here?"

And Minyoung’s mother really liked Jimin so much but didn’t like to show it.

"Aren’t you happy to see me Ajomma?"

"Ajomma?" Minyoung’s mother scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Do you want to die?"

Minyoung stood in front of her mother stopping her from hitting Jimin as he was laughing behind her. “He’s visiting and will stay for a few days.”

"Take care of me, Minnie’s mom." Jimin hugged Minyoung’s mother as she smiled, nodding and patted his arms. "Yeah, yeah, but where are you going to sleep?"

"Here." Minyoung simply answered.

"You can’t."

"Wae?" Minyoung and Jimin’s eyes widened as they said in one voice.

"We don’t have extra rooms."

"Are you going to let me sleep in the street then?" Jimin pouted, knowing that there was no way she would allow this to happen.

"No, I won’t" Minyoung’s mother put her arms around her waist and took a deep breath before looking at her daughter. "Take him to your uncle, he had enough space for this kid to sleep comfortably."

Bad idea.

One of the last places Minyoung would like to go after what happened today, was any place she would find Jungkook at.

And where was Jungkook living?

Her uncle’s house.

This was the most uncomfortable idea.

Minyoung opened to protest, but closed it again, “Mom, why wouldn’t we let him use Oppa’s room? It’s close and no one is using it.”

Another bad idea.

One of her mother most unpleasant thought was opening her brother’s room.

It carried all the memories of him and they put all his stuff there and locked it. It hadn’t been opened since then.

Her mother didn’t give her an answer, but her face said that she would burst into crying any moment soon so Minyoung sighed, looking at the ground. “I guess it’s a bad idea.”

"Minnie’s mom! Just let me sleep in Minyoung’s room with her. Don’t worry, I will take a good care of her"

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE?" Minyoung and her mom snapped at the same moment.  

Jimin grinned nervously scared of both Minyoung and her mother, “Just kidding, I was joking. Calm down ladies.”

Minyoung’s mother sighed, “stay have your dinner before you leave.”

"You made food for him again didn’t you?" Minyoung asked warping her arms around her chest.

"Minyoung, he doesn’t eat well and I’m sure he had been living on ramen and this isn’t good for his health."

"Whatever! Just make up with him already if you care so much." Minyoung said as her mother excused herself.

Minyoung felt Jimin behind her as his breath was tickling her hair “Do you all hate your uncle like this?” Jimin whispered and Minyoung shook her head, “No one hates him, he’s just… I don’t know…”

Minyoung turned and looked at her best friend, “let’s not talk about him, you are going to meet him soon anyway. So would you like to see my room?”

"Of course, I came here only to see it." Jimin grinned warping his arm around Minyoung as they went straight up to her bedroom till her mother finish up the dinner.

Jimin being inside Minyoung’s room wasn’t a big deal, he probably wanted to search the room to find if there was anything he wanted  just like the old days. Or they would sit together talking or playing games.

When they were kids, he always had done that, taking her things after doing some agyeo. Minyoung couldn’t understand why would he need her things that would mean nothing to a boy. He once took a teddy bear, a flowered shape pen, a notebook that Minyoung only wrote in one page and a necklace. Minyoung had always thought he took them for his girlfriends. Because what would a boy do with a teddy bear and a necklace?

Banging open the bedroom’s door, Jimin entered into Minyoung’s room as if it was his. He ran and jumped over Minyoung’s bed, stretching himself over the bed.

"Yah, yah, yah," Minyoung snapped, hitting his legs, "sit probably, I have tidied the bed this morning don’t  mess it."

"I’m so tired, minyoung-ah." He said, rolling over himself over the bed, "can’t I just sleep here?"

"No, you can’t." She said, this time hitting his hips as he was laying on his stomach.

Jimin glared at her, she could see that he would burst with frustration any moment. He hated it when she did that to him.

Minyoung shrugged and smiled, “what? I told you to sit probably.”

"Fine!" Jimin sighed, sitting with his legs folded under him. "So how’s your life here?"

"A horror movie."

"You’re joking." Jimin chuckled, "is it that bad?"

"Didn’t you see the girls back there?" Minyoung’s eyes widened. Did he forget?

"Ah, right! But they are so hot, naturally hot, you know what I mean?" He said dreamily, looking at the ceiling.

Minyoung just threw the pillow to his face and rolled her eyes. “Very funny.”

A few minutes ago Jimin looked like a superbly cool person who she never knew before. And A few minutes after he returned to his funny and scary cat self and now he was being a jerk.

***

Minyoung’s POV

It was nice to see him again. To have a long and nice talk too. He is the kind of person who would take care of you without hesitation, just because he’s your best friend. He had always done that since we were kids.

When I first came to Seoul the first and the only one who talked to me was Jimin. We grew up getting to know each other more and we were just like brother and sister

Not really!

Because I had confessed my feelings for him before in 6th grade and he rejected me. But the next day he came up with a box full with chocolate telling me not to get made and that he liked me as his one and only friend, so I accepted the chocolate and accepted Jimin as my friend forever.

It was those silly kinds of days that you would like to erase from your memory.

We finished our dinner after Jimin and I messed around a little bit, fighting and hitting each other. My mom gave me the regular bags that I was supposed to be getting used to that by now because I knew that there was no way to avoid seeing Jungkook or my ill fate with him.

"And give this to your uncle too." My mom handed me an envelope. When I held it, it was heavy for a letter to be inside so I knew my mom was sending him money too.

"Mom." I frowned and she gave me the look that says: shut your mouth.  

I really hated it when my mom being like this. She should just meet up with him and make up because this was getting on my nerve. I’m not their postman or their bird that carried around messages.

"We will go now."

"See you later Minyoung’s mom" Jimin bowed.

"Yeah, Right, Jimin." My mom suddenly said, making the both of us stop. "I called your mom and she told me to tell you to wear some warm clothes."

Jimin rolled his eyes, probably because of his mom not my mom. “I understand, ajomma. Thank you.” He bowed again before following me out.

It was so dark at that moment. The sun said its goodbye an hour ago and now all what could be seen was the stars and the moon that was half by this time of the month.

I wasn’t scared since Jimin was with me, but I didn’t know what I would in my way back home. I seriously hated it last time.

Waking between the fields Jimin started to tell some horror stories. He knew that I hate horror movies and everything that was related to it.

One day, when we were in prep school, he brought a movie to watch together after finishing our studies. Everything seemed to be all right until this ghost decided to appear suddenly and all I could do was screaming and I cried for 2 hours. Since then, no horror movies entered my house ever again.

"And the man walked slowly behind the girl and reached his hand to touch her shoulder."

"Stop Jimin, stop now before I scream." I warned as I saw my uncle’s house was getting closer.

"His hand was about to touch her…"

And a hand suddenly dropped over my shoulder and all I could hear was my heart beats and my scream. I was sure that Jimin was a few feet in front of me. 

I was scared to turn, so scared. I was already crumbling over the ground, my tears in my eyes.

"That was cool man." Jimin said and I looked up slowly to glare at him. Was seeing me, scared, that cool?

"Are you okay? I’m so sorry Minyoung." A familiar voice said as its owner bent down to my side rubbing my back to calm me.

"Get away from me." I pushed his hands away angrily, I got enough of him scaring me every time like this.

I stood up glaring at the two boys who seemed to be shocked to see my tears and left them and went to my uncle’s house.

I wouldn’t forgive them. And I meant it this time because scaring me was the worst thing those two had done to me up till now.


 

Wow, wow this is so, so long! But Jimin is here guys, should we send him back home XD because fate may play a cruel game with Minyoung and Jungkook! Who knows! 

Tell me guys what you think!