Part 2

Punch!

tumblr_inline_nir9m1rwA11s7zz1z.jpg

 

 

Minyoung's POV

"What's going on?" Luhan's voice came in the background.  "What are those voices?"

Jungkook sighed, getting up off me. He didn't even bother to help me to stand on my feet, and he yelled back to Luhan. "We just have a small problem here, don't worry Hyung."

I stood up, brushing the dust out of my clothes when Luhan came into the site and gasped, seeing the books over the ground around me and Jungkook. It looked about more than 100 books. And I gasped too -- Actually panicked.

"I'm so sorry, really. I should have been more careful. I need a book and it was so high and--" my words were rushed out of my mouth so fast.

"Minyoung-ah…"

"--I'm so sorry. I--"

"It's all right." Luhan's voice raised, then a sigh followed. It made me shut with my mouth and look down at the ground, I didn't want to face him.

"Really it's okay." He said, his voice lowered and became softer.

I looked up cautiously, he was smiling and I felt guiltier. Is he trying to be nice? This makes me feel bad

trans.gif

"But." He breathed, putting his hands in his pocket. "You have to clean this up!"

"What?" I gasped, there was so many books, and it would take over 3 hours just to finish them all, alone. "Alone?"

"Actually, yes, since it's your fault. So you have to clean it up."

He was right.

I glanced at Jungkook with a begging look, hoping that he would say, 'I will help her' or 'let's do it together' but it was all like a dream. He breathed, shrugging his shoulder.

I noticed how he flinched a bit with his action. (Did he get hurt?)

"Hyung! I have to go now."

Luhan nodded at him and stepped aside from his way for him to leave and I frowned, glaring at his back as he walked away. He just refused to help me out

Trying to follow him and escape from this situation, I took some steps when Luhan stood in front of me, blocking my way. My gaze moved up to meet a raised eyebrow and I grinned nervously

"Now..."

"Okay, fine." I held my hands in front of me, it was my fault after all. "I will do it after school, okay?"

Luhan smiled and patted my shoulder, "that's great. See you then!"

First day in school and I just had caused a trouble.

Great!

I ran back to my class, trying to catch the class before the teacher notice my absence. I looked at the class through the window as I found the teacher was already there, one more trouble.

So Great.

I looked at Jimin who noticed that I was outside and whispered. 'Get in'

 I nodded when my eyes actually fell over the desk beside ours, Jungkook's desk. I narrowed my eyes when I saw he was already there, his head over the desk, like every class, sleeping.

Now that I think about it, he saved me and I didn't thank him probably. I should thank him later?

If it wasn’t for him, I would have gotten hurt, but he was still a jerk and scary. Maybe just a bite but… He’s a total Jerk

I opened the door slowly and crawled over the ground, trying to get to my desk without the teacher noticing. I tried hard not to make a sound, when I heard my name being called.

"Kim Minyoung!"

I stood up on my feet quickly. "Yes!" I gulped.

"Return to your seat quickly please!"

I sighed in relief that he didn't ask for an explanation.  "Yes, Sam!" I ran to my place. The whole situation was too embarrassing as some kids started to giggle.

"Where have you been?" Jimin whispered.

"I told you, library."

"You took so long."

"Sorry, something came up."

I gave glance beside me at Jungkook who didn't even bother to look at me and I started to wonder if he was okay. If he got his shoulder hurt too bad.

***

"Going home?" Jimin asked, putting her bag over her shoulders

My first day at school was finished and fortunately, I caused only one problem.

"Not yet I still have something to do at the library."

"Wow Minyoung, you must love the library so much."

I just grinned. It’s true, I loved the library, but this..."It's not like that"  

"Anyway, I wanted to show you around our small city. Maybe Next time. See you later then"

"Hmm, Take care." I nodded and gave her a high five before she left.

One hundred books, I had to return them to their place and I could help but feel my head hurt just by thinking of it.

I frowned, making my way to the library which was away from the school’s main building a bit. I called my mom and told her that I would come home late, so she wouldn't worry about me. She told me to be careful and to return home before it would be so dark because normally gangster and thieves activated at the night and I assured her that I would be okay.

When I entered the library, Luhan wasn’t there at his desk. I narrowed my eyes and looked right and left, there was no sight of him.

"What? Did he leave?" I murmured and turned to leave as well when I heard footsteps coming from somewhere around me. I looked again.

But there was no one.

A shiver ran through my body. "Is it a ghost?"

I took two steps backward when the sound stopped.

"Aaaah! Omma~" I screamed when a small hole in the ground with a wooden door near Luhan's desk, opening suddenly. It made Luhan Scream as well. He must have got scared from my screaming.

"Yah!! You scared me!"

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered, trying to calm myself down. "Yah! I-it's your fault. How can you come out of the ground like this? Frightening people?"

He got up and closed the hole quickly when I tried to see what was inside the hole. For a library that was old, like this one to have a secret hole, something smelt fishy and my curiosity was killing me. Especially after Luhan had closed it so quickly. What could be there?

Luhan cleared his voice, tidying his clothes and smiled at me, giving me a view of his wrinkles that appeared whenever he smiled. "You came!" He wiped his hands on his shirt. "I thought you would run away."

"Should I go home then?" I pointed my thumb to the doorway and he held his hands in the air making a stop gesturing.

"There is a lot of work waiting for you, girl."

"I know..." I sighed before tightening my grip over my bag. "When are you going to close it?"

"What?" He looked nervous about something, I raised my eyebrow, suspecting him.

He chuckled and corrected himself, "I'm joking, closing the library of course. I will close it when you finish up your job. I... I'm going to wait for you."

"This is going to make me feel bad!" I said.

"Don't worry! I still have work to do here anyway."

I bit my lips and made my way inside my library when luhan's voice stopped me.

"Kim Minyoung."

"Hmmm." I turned, looking at him, his mouth opened and closed again as if he wanted to say something but changed his mind.

"Never mind." He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

***

Narrator's POV

Minyoung started with collecting the books over each other so it would be easier to put them back in their places.

It took from her more time than she expected, as she kept checking every book lay in her hands. She was fascinating to them that she wanted to read them all. She wrote down the name of the books she liked and wanted to read so next time she would get them easily, especially when she knew where they were as she would put them herself on the shelves.

After about 4 hours of just collecting them, she looked up, ready to put the books back to their places.

She put the books in the levels that she could reach. There were still some books, but it would need a ladder for her to reach it, since it was so high for her to reach, and she didn't want to cause another disaster.

"I need a ladder now." She sighed, putting her hands over her waist. Only the upper levels were left.

Running a hand through her hair, she felt tired from tidying up all the books. She took her leave of Luhan's desk to ask him for a ladder that would help her out. So she could go home, finally, after a long tiring day.

But, he wasn't there again.

"Where did he go this time?" She talked to herself, tapping her figures over his desk. She waited for 6 minutes and he still didn't show up.

Her eyes fell over the hole on the ground. The one that Luhan came out from, a while ago. She gulped before walking toward it, slowly. The hole's door had the same wooden color as the floor. She kicked the ground two times until she found the spot that made a hollow voice, as if there was a room under it and she wonder how large it was.

Kneeling down trying to open it, to check if Luhan was there. Actually, it was only curiosity took over her that she wanted to know what was inside. When she was about to open it, the library door swung open. She hurried up on her feet, clearing her voice, when she saw how Luhan's eyes widened.

"I was looking for you." Minyoung said, feeling her heart pounding loudly in her chest. She was nervous as if she had done something wrong.

"Ah! I went out to bring something to eat." He smiled, putting plastic bags over his desk. "Have you finished?"

"Not yet."

"Then come and eat first."

"I'm not hungry." She said and Luhan nodded, putting his arms around his waist. "So you needed something?"

"Yes, a ladder, I have to put books up and I'm so short, for the upper levels."

"Just go home. Don't worry about this anymore." Luhan warped his hands over his chest. "It's so dark already and you shouldn't be later than this."

"Is it okay?" She asked, trying to suppress a smile.

Luhan nodded, "yeah, it should be okay since I told you that."

"You are so full of yourself." Minyoung snorted and Luhan winked at her.

"See you tomorrow." Luhan yelled after her as she took her leave out of the library.

"She grew up, a lot." Luhan smiled to himself before starting to eat his food.

***

The streets were dark and Minyoung had a bad feeling. She never liked the darkness since she was young, she got scared easily and she... Hated it darkness.

 In Seoul even if it was already dark, there would be lights in the street so it wasn't scary like this one.

Here there was a light bulb ever two streets, making the between of them dark.

She still hated this place so much, even though she has met nice people like Jimin and Luhan, but this country had always carried sad and hurtful memories for her and her family. She almost thought her parents went crazy by telling her they were coming to this place again. Fortunately, there was that library. She knew it would help her get over her hatred

Ticks

A sound cracked behind Minyoung and she froze for a bit. She didn't how she should breathe as she held it and walked slowly.

Tip tap… Tip tap

The footsteps followed her and Minyoung felt shiver run through all of her body, someone was following her for sure.

The street that she was walking through was dark and there was no one walking around, so turning back to check if there was someone behind her or not was a bad idea. She gulped and tightened her grip over her bag, as she fastening her pace. She was almost jogging and the footsteps fastened as well.

The fear took her as her mother's words echoed in here mind, 'return home before it would be so dark because gangsters and thieves activates at night'

Don't look back, don't look back

When the footsteps started to catch up with her, she took a deep breath before running, thinking that she should have asked Luhan to take her home. 

But the follower didn't seem to give up as the sound of the footsteps increase. He was chasing after her. 

The adrenaline rushed through her body as she ran faster and took a sprint into the next alley, she found next to her, then to the left alley, trying to get as far as she could, before the follower caught her.

What kind of countryside is this? She held her breath as she tried to steady her breath in a norm pace again, when she no longer was chased after. I need to return home.

Her hand shivered as she took her phone out of her pocket to call her mother, she ran too much and didn't know where she was. She was about to press call when her phone went off.

Out of frustration, she pressed every bottom and key, trying hard to wake her phone but it was no use the battery was dead for good "Damn!" She cried.

Her legs betrayed her, sliding on the ground, she broke down crying. This was the first time she felt so unprotected since he had gone. She wanted him to come and hold her hands like he always did before, telling her to stand up and be strong.

Things can't get any worse, right?

Suddenly her stomach growled out of hungry and a cold wind passed hitting her face, hard. She was wearing her school uniform and forgot to bring her coat with her.

Tears ran down her face like a river, she was hungry, scared, lost and cold.

She wanted her mom next to her at that moment. She never wished to come there in the first place and this made things harder for her. She sobbed loudly and her body was shaking.

"Minyoung!" A Voice called and she looked up to find a dark body loom over her.

Screaming, she got up ready to run away again, when her arm was grabbed, stopping her.

"NO," She screamed.

"Yah! Kim Minyoung... What's wrong?" A familiar voice said.

She looked up closer at him as a slight ray of the moonlight fell over his face. His handsome face, his dark eyes and his dark hair were shown. It was him, Jeon Jung kook. The guy she wanted to avoid, was in front of her...

Suddenly she threw her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly, and sobbing into his chest. Like she found rob that would save her life from falling down.

An awkward Jung kook, stood there frozen. He didn't know what he should do or how to stop her crying. He stood there, arm awkward apart, trying hard not to touch her. It was so sudden and it shocked him.

"M-Minyoung..." he cleared his voice and Minyoung realized what she was doing.

Breaking away from him she continued her crying, "I thought I was going to die. I'm lost." Minyoung Sobbed and a chuckle skipped Jung kook mouth.

Minyoung looked up at him with confusion filled her eyes. Why is he laughing right now?

Sooner her eyes softened and her heart skipped a beat when she realized he was smiling for the first time she saw his smile and how his eyes curved when he did that. He looked incredibly cute unlike his scary image that everyone known him with.

Cute! He... He smiles too!!!

_________________________________