Part 10

Punch!

Minyoung's POV

I woke up with my phone ringing noisily. I wasn't used to get any calls in the early morning and I was sleepy, so I sent my phone silent.

However, I couldn't sleep again. So I decided it would be the time for me to get up

But, my body was in pain enough for me not left myself up from bed, I need to just stay here for a long while. I had a headache due to my breakdown the day before, crying after Jimin and Jungkook had scared me.

It was the weekend, so I was grateful it was. No school!

After yesterday event with Haeun and Jimin. I was not ready to meet them.

I wasn't ready for Haeun to glare at me as if she would kill anytime soon.

I wasn't ready to avoid the person who I thought wasn't like the other, Jimin, My desk mate and the one that was supposed to be my best friend here. The one I trusted the most.

I forced myself out of the bed, even I needed some more time to sleep.

Reaching my hands for my phone to see who the caller was. I sighed when I saw Jimin's number on my screen and just ignored it.

I wasn't planning on calling him after what happened so I threw my phone back on my bed as I made my way out of the room.

When I opened my door, my mouth dropped to the ground as I saw this unbelievable sight in front of me with my sleepy eyes. I never wished to see this in my house.

A sight that I never thought I would see in my house.

Jimin and Jungkook were there, in my living room, eating some snacks while watching TV together. Together. In my living room. Jungkook and Jimin. Together.

"I just called you to wake you up." Jimin said, standing on his feet as he approached me, all smiley, he gave me this cute smile of his. "Good morning, Minnie." 

I looked over his shoulder to find my mom anywhere but she wasn't there.

"Where's my mom?" I said, rubbing my nape.

"She went to your uncle." He said, his smile never left his face.

I looked at Jungkook's direction to find him looking at us with interested eyes.

"How did you get in here exactly?" I asked, looking at Jimin again, giving his questioning look.

"Your mom gave us the keys." Jungkook finally opened his mouth. He was holding the keys in his hand, shaking it slightly.

"Your mom seems to like him a lot. She refused to give me the keys and gave it to him. Can you believe it?" Jimin whined and I couldn't believe my ears.

"I can't believe this?" I murmured.

"See!" Jimin exclaimed, but I wasn't concentrating with him.

All what was in my mind is that my mom actually left me with two guys alone in the house.

What is she thinking?

"Minyoung." Jungkook called and my heart skipped a beat as he approached me slowly. At that moment I didn't even think of Jimin who was standing beside me.

"Huh?" I breathed as his hand reached to my hair.

He suddenly pulled something from my hair and I frowned as he handed me one of my hair pins. "What are you--?"

I noticed Jimin cracked laughing next to me. I glared at him.

"This dude is really rude." Jimin said, trying to stop laughing. "But cool at the same time.... Minyoung, did you see yourself in the mirror before getting out of your room?"

I looked back at Jungkook and he shrugged. "It's a cool hairstyle. I like it" He said, pointing at my head.

I turned and ran back to my room, closing the door behind me.

Standing in front of the mirror, I almost scream. I looked miserable and Jungkook just had seen that.

My hair was in a real mess and my face looked horrible. My eyes were swallowed and puffy. If Haeun killed me at this moment, I wouldn't object at all.

 I went to the bathroom to wash up, wishing to disappear.

I was happy to hear that my mom decided to talk to my uncle after this long while. I felt relief, maybe my brother would like it, just like I do. I was happy. I swear. But leaving me with two guys alone in the house wasn't something unusual and uncomfortable. And it was normal to walk out of my room without looking at the mirror it's my house after all.

I went out of my room again, but this time I look tidier and less messy.

I wore a nice clothes, a dark blue jeans and a black hoodie and I tied my hair up into a bun.

I was surprised to find that the two guys, stood up once I was out and said, "Let’s go."

"Yeah, it's time to go."

I blinked. Confusion took over me. Did they come to only wake me up?

"Where are you going?"

"Actually, it's WE." Jimin said, disappointed. "I really don't want to do that. I come here to visit you. For fun, you know?"

"Luhan's grandpa needs help with his farming. So your mother and Coach offered their help." Jungkook explained and my mouth fall to the ground.

Don't say it! Don't say it! Don't! Don't! Don't!

"We are going to help luhan's grandpa. Luhan is waiting for us now."

He said it!

I was sure that my face showed how I feel since Jimin seemed to agree with me and Jungkook gave me a hopeless look that said: we don't have another choice.

"But, I'm so tired though!" I said.

"We can't do anything about this. We don't have any other options." Jungkook made it clear enough for them.

I knew at that moment why mom was glad to give them the keys. She sent them to send me to hell with them.

Which means... Farming works....

***

We had a long walk to Luhan's grandpa farm. I didn't notice the awkwardness between Jimin and Jungkook until I noticed Jimin was sticking to my side.

Jungkook was walking a few centimeters in front of me.

I wondered if Jungkook had found what he was looking for the other day. And I was curious to know what it was.

The weather was getting warmer as the spring started. It was almost summer! I loved the sun and its warm rays. It fell over Jungkook and it showed his back so well. He had boarded shoulder and well-toned body, I could see it because his black T-shirt was kind of tight on him, which curved with each muscles perfectly and made him look so nice with his dark jeans on. An athletic had an incredibly hot body after all.

When I wore the dark blue jeans and a hoodie, I was trying to match up clothes with him. And suddenly I feel pathetic. What was I thinking when I decided to wear those clothes, like him?

I didn't notice I was staring at Jungkook's back too much until Jimin elbowed me to get my attention.

"You are going to burn his back with your gaze!" He whispered and I blushed like a tomato. "You know? I have a better body than him."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Don't talk to me casually. I haven't forgiven you yet."

I gave a look at Jimin and noticed that he was also wearing black clothes and I felt relief. No one would notice what I had done here.

"Minnie, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He whined loudly enough to bring Jungkook's attention as he pointed at him. "He's the one who scared you. Not me."

"I'll not forgive him, either." I was lying because whatever Jungkook would do to me or had done to me, I was willing to forgive at a blink of an eye even if he killed me. I would forgive him.

Jungkook looked over his shoulder at us as he raised his eyebrow. My heart skipped a beat as I notice a few drops of sweat on Jungkook's face and made his fluffy hair stuck in his face. Why had it to be a hot day? I resisted the urge to push his hair strands away from his forehead 

"I thought we were cool by now." Jungkook said and I was snapped for the second time from dreamily thoughts.

"But you scared me to death!" You exclaimed, trying to distract my thoughts with your previous anger. 

"Please be aware that it wasn't me who actually put the horror ideas in your mind. I'm NOT the one who was telling you horror stories." Jungkook scoffed, making sure that Jimin was hearing well.

"Yah!" Jimin protested, glaring at Jungkook who rolled his eyes and then looked at me again. "You were scared already after what happened to you."

My eyes widened as I pinched Jimin's arm hard. He wasn't supposed to open his mouth in front of Jungkook about this.

"Shut your mouth Jimin." I said threw my tensed teeth.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked

"Nothing..." I shook my head with a smile on my face. "Right, Jimin?" I glared at Jimin and he nodded, confused by my action. I could read his face expression so well. He was giving me a look that said: what are you up to?

After all, I didn't want to end up my friendship with him yet! Maybe I would fight Haeun back! I wouldn't let her go with her doing. Nevertheless, Jungkook should never know about what happened, I didn't want to get between him and his girlfriend. I didn't want to be called: the lover breaker.

Thinking that Jungkook and Haeun were going out, made me sick. I couldn't get rid of this feeling yet.

"I seriously hate him!" Jimin said, warping his hands around his chest but Jungkook ignored him. "He's so..."

"Cold?" I said and Jungkook's shoulders tensed as if every word I was saying, was hitting him hard. But it was the truth. "Arrogant? Selfish? Ah, wait not selfish! JERK! Yes, he is a big jerk."

***

Narrator's POV

Minyoung, Jimin and Jungkook reached the farm to be welcome by an angry Luhan.

"You're late!" He yelled and Minyoung and Jimin Jumped slightly.  

"Someone was sleepy head this morning." Jungkook sighed, putting his hands in his jacket.

Minyoung rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well. Who would wake up someone by giving him a call?"

 Luhan glared at Jungkook and Minyoung, but when his eyes fall over Jimin he gave them confused look, instead.

"Who's that kid?"

"Her boyfriend!" Jimin said, warping his arms around Minyoung's shoulder. And Jungkook's body became stiff.

When Jimin came the last night and stayed over, Minyoung's uncle let him sleep in the same room with Jungkook.

Jungkook simply ignored him as Jimin was trying to make any conversation with him.

Once Jimin opened his mouth, the image of him hugging Minyoung's passed through his mind. And he regretted even more what he had done to Minyoung. He now felt what it was like to see the one you like in someone else's arms. 

Minyoung gasped, pushing him away from her. "Stop joking around Park Jimin!"

"Wae? You like that, don't you, Jagyia?" Jimin smirked. "You confessed to me before."

"That was in 6th grade Jimin. Can we stop talking about that now?"

"I see that you are really close." Luhan said, giving a quick glance at Jungkook whose face started to redden.

"He's supposed to be my best friend, but I broke this friendship yesterday and I don't regret one bit now!" Minyoung said in a way that sounded that she was joking, because she was teasing Jimin and Jimin understood that too, but Jungkook didn't.

"You like to break every relationship and friendship in your life, don't you?" Jungkook spat and Minyoung felt her heart drop a beat.

"Watch your words!" Jimin warned.

"Why? I only told the truth. She broke any ship easily if it wasn't going as she like it. And forcing relationships and friendship on others as she like" Jungkook kept with his harsh words.

Minyoung felt her body heated from angry. The back of started to burn as she gulped hard. His words were so harsh that it hurt.

"She was joking." Jimin snapped. "It had nothing to do with you."

Minyoung held Jimin's arm thankful of his words. Thankful that he understood her, but Jungkook was right. And it had something to do with him, somehow.

"Are you sure that you two are just friends?" Jungkook said coldly as his eyes drafted from Jimin to Minyoungs hands that were around Jimin.

"What does it have to do with you if we were more or less than friends?"  Jimin raised his eyebrow.

Minyoung grew worried as she saw Jungkook's jaw tension and could sense Jimin fist clinching as his muscles tightened under her grip. She didn't want them to fight!

"Jimin, stop!" She whispered, tightening her grip around his arm.

"STOP FIGHTING KIDS" Luhan yelled, breaking the tension that was formed the air. "OH God! I have now to be a babysitter. We have a lot of work to do. There's no time to fight!"

Luhan's eyes were burning them down as his face turned pure pink from anger. "Seriously" he sighed, trying to calm himself down.

He took from the bag that were beside his feet, three spare clothes that seemed to be old and super big which also looked like the clothes he was wearing.

He threw the clothes, each for one, to the kids as he put his hand over his waist. "Now, Minyoung, get inside the house and change your clothes." He said and Minyoung gave one last glance at the guys that were standing beside her. She feared to leave them alone. They would pick a fight again. 

"Don't worry, Minyoung, I will control them." Luhan assured her and she whispered, "thank you" before making her way in.

Luhan gave all of his attention now to the two kids in front of him. He took a deep breath, walking passed them.

"Follow me!" he ordered, walking toward the storage room that was near the house as the boys followed him, glaring at each other.

The storage room was old and dusty. The spiders' web were in every corner of the room and it was filled with farming tools and large bags that Jimin guess there would be the fodders for animals

Luhan told the boys to change quickly so they could move those bags out to start the hard work.

It didn't take them long time as they only needed two minutes to change clothes.

Jimin then realized that he was really in the country side. Where a lot of farms and fields were found.

 

I should have just stayed home. Jimin thought as he carried one bag. It almost weighted about 20 KG and Jimin was having some difficulty while carrying it to outside. 

The sun hit his vision once he was out of the storage room. He walked slowly and carefully so he wouldn't tumble over the ground.

"Seriously, this is going to be a long day." Jimin murmured to himself as he put down the bag near where they used to stand. He straightened up and looked around for any sight of Minyoung but she was nowhere to be found.

"Why girls are always so slow?" He sighed and went to bring another bag. He found it strange that neither Luhan nor Jungkook carried anything and went out behind him. He was ready to bang in the storage room and yell at them when he heard them talking about something that seemed serious.

Jimin found himself hiding behind a mountain of bags as he overheard what they were talking about.

"So he solved the problem?" Luhan asked.

"Yeah, everything is okay!" Jungkook breathed. "But there's a bigger problem though."

"How could there be any other bigger problem than you not being able to participate in the championship?"

"There is Haeun!" Jungkook said. "She's trying to mess around again. She's after Minyoung this time and she wants to tell her."

"Your feelings for Minyoung?" Luhan asked

"No, she wants to tell her that I killed her brother..."

The words fall over Jimin like a heavy stone and made him dizzy. He couldn't hear any other words from their conversation as Jungkook's words were keeping on repeating, like ghost whispers, in his mind.

His eyes were opened in horror and his mouth dropped to the ground. He couldn't believe that this place could be this cruel. Of course, Minyoung would be scared to come back.

He managed to collect back his thoughts and sneaked out of the storage room.

He staggered toward the house where Minyoung was changing her clothes. He wanted to drag her away from here. She wasn't supposed to be here.

"Jimin!" Minyoung called as she jogged toward her best friend, coming out of the house. "Where are you guys?! Are you still fighting?"

Jimin just looked at her with a confusion and muddling expression.

"What's wrong Jimin?" Minyoung frowned and Jimin opened his mouth and closed it again.

"I have something to tell Minyoung..."