[ Sweet Smile ] part 1.

Mend The Broken Heart

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Here is the library."

"Here is the place where you eat, cafeteria. That table over there..." Naeun pointed to her friends and her table. "... you can eat there with us and hang out with us." She smiled.

"This is the gym."

"The beautiful garden"

"Administration office is right over there, and as you already knew on the first floor is the teacher's room and the principal room is down the hallway."

"Basketball court and football field. You'll meet many guy friends over here. They usually hang out here after school." She turned to Kai, smiling. He just stared at her.

After like showing Kai almost the whole school to Kai including the swimming pool, the tour comes to an end. Naeun offers Kai a can of soft drinks that she bought from the vending machine earlier. "Here." Kai has no intention on accepting the offer instead he got up and get ready to leave her alone at the field. Naeun furrowed her eyes and pulled his bag hard until he's seated again on the bench, beside her. Kai was flustered and a bit shocked by her action. Never in her life people would act like that to him, especially a girl. Naeun took his hand and place the can in his palm. "Drink it, I swear that the drink is more addictive than alcohol." She smirked.

Right, they're sitting on one of the benches under the field near the football field because it's only 15 minutes left before lunch time. So Naeun thought it would be no use to be in class with the least amount of time. Plus, she's a bit tired from the tour. Naeun opened her drink and took a sip of it. "Kyaah~" She said, savoring every taste of the drink. Kai looked at Naeun, weirdly. He then looked back at the drink in his hand. Would I do the Kyaah~ thing if I drink this?

Instead of drinking it, Kai tossed the can in his bag. Naeun looked at him before smiling sweetly. "Why d-did you smile?" He stuttered. Why the hell I'm stuttering? He has to admit that she got a sweet smile which suits her and he has not seen a person smiling sweetly at him after a long time. Not after his mother death. "I don't know. I feel good." She said, looking at him. "Why?" He furrowed his brows at her. "Because you don't throw the drink away. That means you accept it, my first treat." She smiled again. Kai turned his head to the field, not wanting to see her face, that smiling face to be exact.

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

 

Kai thought he just went through hell phase 1 during lunch with Naeun and her friends; Sehun, Hayoung, Chanyeol, Eunji, Baekhyun, Namjoo and Chen. They talked non stop that Kai thought it was a terrorism to his eardrum. Although he just gave simple answer like, 'yes' and 'no' they still talked like there're no tomorrow. He's pissed off by them but at the same time there's a feeling of warmness sparks in his heart as no one has ever made conversation and act friendly to him. Naeun and her friends are the first after his mother.

He heave out a breath in sign of relief as the school comes to an end at 2.00 pm. Kai pretend to pack up his things then slung the bag on his bag and stepped out from the class. Now is freedom. No more annoying voices. He smirked in his thought and walked alone among the crowds of students who were walking towards the same direction as his. Just a few steps more and he's free from the school's 'friendly' environment. Until the moment... "Jongin-ah!" Oh god, no.

Naeun ran after him and grabbed his bag making Kai to stop abruptly. "You're... fast..." She said, half panting. Kai was annoyed. He turned his body to face her and pulled her by her arm; dragging her out from the school's entrance. Her hand still in his grips, Kai finally let go of it after he slammed her by her bag on the tree beside on the sidewalk. "You're really annoying and loud." He threw a dirty look at her.

Naeun shrugged and fixes her bag. "You!" Kai pointed his index finger to her face. "Don't you dare to call me Jongin ever again!" He's expecting that she'd cry or scare because he wanted her to feel that way to him. To be scared at him so that she won't bug him anymore. But the reaction he got was not like what he expected at all. Naeun blinks her bambi like eyes at his words. Kai seemed a bit flustered by her, once again.

Naeun put his finger away from her face. "Whoa, you really don't know how to speak in front of a girl." She shook her head and crossed her arms across her. "W-What?" Hell I'm stuttering again. "The way you spoke to me earlier is a way you should talk with a guy not a girl." She undo her arms and held tight on her bag straps. "Now I'm start wondering, haven't you date before?" Kai's gaze changed. Naeun saw it and she quickly cleared . "I mean, you... you have the face of a guy that girl would go crazy for."

Kai sighed and stepped back from her. He turned around and walked away. "Wait!" Naeun ran and stopped him.

"What now?!" He glared at her.

"I want to say thank you."

"What?"

"Thank you, for coming to school and continue your study. Now I can throw that guilty feeling against you."

"I don't come to school because your guilty feeling."

"I don't mind. Whatever the reason is, I'm still thankful." She smiled. Kai rolled his eyes at her smile. He hated it. "And this, you forget to take this with you. Your uniform. You left it by your desk." She put the bag of his uniform in his hand.

"Make sure to wear it tomorrow."

Kai walked off from her after he warned her, "Don't you dare to take another step after me again."

Naeun waved at him. "See you tomorrow! You'll look hot in that uniform tomorrow!" She grinned widely.

 

After he spent most of his time out after school, he got back home at 7 o'clock in the night. He threw his jacket, bag and other stuffs leaving him with just his white beater and school's pant, he lay down on the thin mattress. He put an arm across his eyes. "Argh, what a day!" He sighed out loud. He's tired. Strangely, he never felt this tired before. Maybe it because all the hell things he had gone through today.

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

 

Kai didn't even bother to know how he looked like in his new uniform and just head to his morning work. After he finshed all of his morning works, he head straight to school. Today he decided to ignore everyone as he don't want to go through another phase of hell. He's a bit soft hearted towards those chatterbox, he thought to himself.

He opened the door of his first class that day, English language. Nobody's here yet. Nice.  He smirked and walked proudly, taking the back seat at the end of the corner of the class. He put down his bag then he put his hand on the desk followed by his head - closing his eyes. He wants to sleep. Until the door opened harshly. . He cursed in his mind.

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

A/N: okay this is just a fast and short update from me. Sorry, I've been busy since yesterday. But do anticipate another update from me later this night.
NOTE: cliffhanger, PART 2 will be up soon.