myungyeol - "strangers who end up on the kiss cam at a sporting event"

myungyeol fic prompts from tumblr, jan 2015

myungsoo fumbles just as the vendor hands his coke to him - of course - and he watches its trajectory through the air from the guy’s hand; slipping through his own fingers, pushed off-tangent by the heel of his palm, and instead of falling at his feet where it would have caused a mess on the floor but nothing else it gets knocked into the lap of the person sitting next to him - of course.

the flimsy cap on the paper cup bursts open and the poor guy is covered in coke - sticky, sweet, dark coke, and at the look on his face as he turns to myungsoo in shock at the feel of the icy drink abruptly soaking into his (rather nice and expensive-looking, myungsoo notes with a sinking feeling) jeans myungsoo thinks for the thousandth time in his life why is it that when you needed them most, holes that magically open up in floors are just never there for you. i mean, really? is it so hard? 

myungsoo swallows weakly at the guy - because of course he had to be gorgeous, of course, making it even harder for myungsoo to look at him - and starts to stammer out an apology even though he’s wondering how on earth ‘i’m sorry’ is supposed to make up for someone dumping their carbonated and over-sugared drink in your lap. the guy is just staring at him in disbelief, his friend on his other side nearly off his seat in laughter that he isn’t even trying to hide. some friend, myungsoo thinks, but then it occurs to him that laughing at your friend’s misfortune is nowhere as bad as what he’s just done to this guy, so on the scale of terribleness myungsoo’s definitely lower than the Friend right now.

and then of course things get worse, because it’s myungsoo, and his life is just naturally one string of embarrassments after another. the crowd around them starts to titter and turn around to look at them, and for a horrible moment myungsoo thinks irrationally that somehow the whole stadium has found out what he’s done to a perfect stranger and gets ready to run up the aisle and away from the entire situation. the truth isn’t that bad, but that’s up for debate; the guy next to him notices people staring in amusement as well, and one glance up at the giant screen hanging from the ceiling makes him groan in frustration. Friend looks up as well and his laughter redoubles. there’s tears in his eyes now and he’s completely boneless with how hard he’s laughing - myungsoo frowns a little and looks up too, and immediately wants to die. 

"no no nonononononono," he chants under his breath, the first few lines of 3oh!3’s my first kiss blaring out obnoxiously around him, the kiss cam capturing both his deer-in-the-headlights expression and the guy’s disgruntled one for the whole stadium to see. 

"no ing way!" the guy next to him declares to the people around them, only to have them sing back the ‘ooohhh’ part of the chorus back at him, just as obnoxiously. he’s gone so red myungsoo wonders at the back of his mind if his head is going to explode. Friend stands up and pulls the guy to him, planting a huge sloppy kiss on his mouth to screams and cheers of the people around them. oh, myungsoo thinks.boyfriend, then.

the guy shoves Boyfriend off him and wipes his mouth, Boyfriend still laughing. 

"i swear to god, woohyun, one day i’m going to kill you," the guys says, and then seems to remember belatedly that his lower half is still covered in coke. "ugh.”

"hey, i got you off the hook, stop complaining," Boyfriend (?) tells him dismissively, and then to myungsoo’s surprise, turns to smile reassuringly at him.

"hey, don’t look so upset, ok? this isn’t the worst thing he’s gotten on his jeans before-" here the guy sends a sharp glance his way, which he ignores, "and i’m gonna be driving him home later. accidents happen, yeah?"

myungsoo doesn’t know what to say for a few moments, so he settles for nodding and trying to make his “thank you” sound as sincere as he can. 

"unless you’re upset that i kissed him and you didn’t get to like you were supposed to, in which case you are completely welcome to take your turn now," woohyun the Boyfriend/Friend/Whoever This Is says, and is promptly shoved away again by the guy. 

"uh," myungsoo says intelligently, stealing a quick look at the guy. he’s sure he’s blushing.

"don’t mind him," the guy replies with some disgust, trying to shake off Uncertain Relationship Woohyun who’s clamped himself lovingly to his arm.

"i really am sorry," myungsoo repeats for what seems like the millionth time. "let me pay for drycleaning? or something. anything. i feel so terrible about this."

“take him out for dinner, he hasn’t gotten laid for months," comes a stage whisper from the guy’s other side and if it was possible for him to go any redder, he would have. oh? goes myungsoo’s brain, interest piqued.not boyfriend, then!

"shut up,” the guy growls, looking everywhere but at myungsoo. 

“his name is sungyeol,” the whisper continues, quickly evolving into small cries of pain as.. sungyeol, apparently, tries to make good on his earlier promise of killing woohyun. 

"uh, okay?" myungsoo finds himself saying, and sungyeol stops his maiming of woohyun to turn to him in surprise.

"okay, what?"

"dinner?" myungsoo reminds him, faltering. he shoots a glance over to a ruffled woohyun who looks like he cannot believe his ears. 

"dinner?" sungyeol repeats, cheeks heating up once more.

"YES!" woohyun fist pumps the air.