myungyeol - “I can’t let you do that.”

myungyeol fic prompts from tumblr, jan 2015

"see, I can’t let you do that. take my hand, i’ll pull you back in," myungsoo looks down at the hand on his arm keeping him from walking into the restaurant and turns to give sungyeol a confused glance.

"what-"

sungyeol takes off his jacket the exact moment a blistering wind decides to blow and myungsoo is sure he felt that all the way down to his bones, but sungyeol continues like nothing happened. 

"i’m involved now, i can’t just walk away. if you let go i have to jump in after you."

myungsoo folds his arms, eyes narrowing as a tiny suspicion grows in his mind. “sungyeol-“

"it’s gonna hurt. it’s really gonna hurt. that’s why i’m not looking forward to jumping in after you, so i’m really hoping you’ll come back over here and get me off the hook."

sungyeol.”

"you jump, i jump, remember?"

myungsoo stares at him, at a complete loss for words. “…you really do hate lotteria that much, don’t you?”

sungyeol nods solemnly.

"if i don’t make us eat here are you going to tell me why you’ve memorised the script of titanic?”

"i have hidden depths. like the sea."

"you just like kate winslet."

"you got the references though," sungyeol crows, tugging myungsoo away from the garishly-lit lotteria outlet. "i watched it seven times in the cinema when i was a kid."

"nine for me." myungsoo admits, hooking his arm through sungyeol’s and letting him steer them both through the dinner crowd. "let’s watch it again when we get home. not like we’ve got anything to do tonight, anyway."

"i have a scene in mind we could act out, too," sungyeol starts, but myungsoo cuts him off. 

"i’m not going to draw you like one of my french girls. i have no french girls. or drawing skills."

"i was thinking more the scene in the car."