Myungyeol - "Can I kiss you?"

myungyeol fic prompts from tumblr, jan 2015

"myungsoo? can i kiss you?"

myungsoo doesn’t react for a second, and then he slowly looks up from his manhwa with a raised eyebrow and just stares, blinking at sungyeol.

"i’m serious. i just need - i kissed her, you know. today. i finally got up the courage to do it, and - i know i haven’t kissed a lot of people but i’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to feel like that. and when she pulled away she actually wiped , and she looked like she’d just experienced the greatest disappointment of her life - myungsoo you better stop laughing right now or it is over forever between us."

"what, are you breaking up with me? no kisses for you, then," myungsoo half laughs, half rolls his eyes, going back to his comic. honestly, sungyeol.

"are you my best friend or aren’t you?"

"i thought it was over between us," myungsoo murmurs, turning the page. 

sungyeol firmly takes the book out of myungsoo’s hands and sets it down on the floor, leaving myungsoo to look up resignedly at sungyeol. 

"you want to kiss me so that i can tell you if you’re a bad kisser, is that it?"

"exactly," sungyeol says, satisfied, settling himself down cross-legged on the bed facing myungsoo. "i don’t think i’m that bad. i can’t be.”

"and what makes you think i’ll be a good judge of your kissing technique?"

"that’s true, you only had that one girlfriend. maybe i should ask woohyun," sungyeol muses, but then quickly shakes his head. "i’ll never hear the end of it from him and then the whole of shinee will find out too and then who knows who else. just tell me if i’m doing anything i really shouldn’t, okay?"

sungyeol leans in, and myungsoo stops him with a hand to the chest. “i haven’t said yes, yet.”

”..oh.” sungyeol says, nonplussed. “why not?”

myungsoo tries really hard to come up with a reason, he really does - and sungyeol takes myungsoo’s silence as his victory. he leans in again somewhat jerkily, putting one awkward hand on myungsoo’s shoulder and slides the other into myungsoo’s hair to cradle the back of his head after a moment’s thought. myungsoo his lips unconsciously, eyes following him, and sungyeol takes a deep breath. he closes the gap between them but then pulls back again, myungsoo opening eyes that had fluttered shut at sungyeol’s approach.

"we’re too far apart. come closer," sungyeol orders, and myungsoo glares, scooting towards him. sungyeol frowns at their positions, both sitting cross-legged and facing each other, and then unfolds his legs to put them on either side of myungsoo, wriggling even closer so he doesn’t have to lean forward so much. myungsoo leans backwards a bit the closer sungyeol comes, alarm showing in his eyes.

"do you really have to come so close?"

"that’s kind of a moot question if you’re going to be letting me put my tongue in your mouth," sungyeol answers blandly and myungsoo covers his face from disbelief at his life, until sungyeol tugs his hands away. 

"okay, take two." sungyeol put his hands back where they were previously, and myungsoo’s face looms nearer and nearer until sungyeol shuts his eyes too and feels their lips touch. 

sungyeol breathes in myungsoo, and takes a moment to register the feeling of myungsoo’s mouth against his. soft, but slightly thin lips. myungsoo smells really good. and parts his lips to deepen the kiss, but myungsoo’s lips stay stubbornly closed. 

"myungsoo."

"i’m not sure i want your tongue in my mouth. who knows where it’s been?"

it’s sungyeol’s turn to glare, and when myungsoo opens his mouth again to go on sungyeol takes his chance.

"mfffff-ow!"

"sorry - sorry! what did i do?"

"teeth!"

myungsoo his lower lip gingerly, sungyeol trying to look for signs of damage. 

"if you were more cooperative we could have avoided this," he says primly.

"-you! just - just stay there, alright? i’ll kiss you. you just don’t do anything.” 

sungyeol drops his hands and closes his eyes, waiting patiently. myungsoo studies his best friend for a bit, then shakes his head at himself. 

it starts slow, myungsoo taking his time to kiss sungyeol lightly; shallow kisses that promise rather than deliver, and for once in his life sungyeol is submissive and obedient, letting myungsoo take the lead. 

"do like i do," myungsoo murmurs against his lips, hands coming up to cup his face, and sungyeol begins to kiss back carefully, tentative hands at myungsoo’s waist. myungsoo gently across sungyeol’s lower lip to an answering sigh from sungyeol, and myungsoo angles his head to give sungyeol better access. 

sungyeol is a bit sloppy, truth be told, but there’s something in the way he slides his tongue hungrily against myungsoo’s and presses closer for more that has myungsoo’s heart speeding up - one of sungyeol’s hands is halfway underneath myungsoo’s shirt, rubbing unconscious circles into his skin, and when sungyeol begins to nudge myungsoo backwards down onto the bed myungsoo follows but comes to himself a moment later. 

"sungyeol?" 

sungyeol’s eyes are unfocused when he opens them and he blinks at myungsoo, both their breathing coming a little quick.

"yeah?" 

"i think you’re an okay kisser," myungsoo nods a few too many times, his lips more out from habit than because he really needed to; sungyeol’s eyes flick down to myungsoo’s mouth and myungsoo swallows, a bit too hard.