Chapter 5

It's You
Please log in to read the full chapter

November 13th. It was Wednesday, but Hanbin didn’t come to school. Exactly, it had been three days since Monday. At first Hayi thought that he was only too tired after their visit to amusement park last Saturday, because he looked so pale once they finished enjoying all the attractions there, but three days were just too long to recharge your energy, and it bugged yet worried her. She had called him several times but his phone was off. He also didn’t reply her texts too. Hanbin wasn’t the type of student who regularly absent, well that was another thing she learned once she became close to him.

Today was also the day that Hanbin should have been there. He should have been appeared to her with his mischievous smirk, as she had waited for.

 

xxx

 

(Flashback during their visit to amusement park)

They had their own table that was at the corner of the cafetaria, yes, the farthest table. Hayi suggested that, which was agreed by Hanbin. It was day before their visit, Hanbin had been overly exicted that he kept talking about it and even made a to-do list of what should they do at the amusement park.

“Whoah whoah, chill out! We only have a day to do them all,” Hayi stopped Hanbin from writing anything that popped up in his mind. It had reached no. 32.

He faked a cry, “Aww come on, before we study for the final exams and the admission tests! We should make it fun as hell!”

“Geez. Whatever,” Hayi rolled her eyes as sipped her banana milk.

Hanbin just smiled at her. “I will pick you up tomorrow at 7!”  

Well, that made Hayi nervous, even until she arrived at home, she immediately went upstairs and locked herself at her room, treasuring her closet for the perfect outfit and did some mix and match sessions. What should I wear... Wait, why am I so panicking over this? Oh yeah, I must dress up neatly aren’t I... Yes, I must look well in front of Han... Ah I mean the people.

“Hayi, are you ever gonna come out? Dinner is ready,” she was too busy that she didn’t hear her mom calling from outside. It had been two hours.

“Aaah yes mom! I’ll be there in ten minutes!”

“Alright.”

After some doubtful choices, she came with a decision of wearing a black, long sleeved turtleneck sweater with navy blue short shorts, and a pair of black leathered short boots. Simple yet decent.

She was looking at the mirror when her phone vibrated loudly – it was on the table. A text from Hanbin.

Tomorrow’s gonna be cold. Make sure you wear layered clothes. –received 19.17

That somehow made her heart flutter, only to last for a second before another text came in.

Just put on simple make up. I don’t go with an ahjumma. –received 19.17

I’m going to kill you. –sent 19.18

That night, she couldn’t fall asleep as fast as usual. Too many things rushed in her mind, mainly about her thoughts for her visit with Hanbin to the amusement park, and by that, all that she could hear was only her fastened heartbeat.

The next morning, she realized that she overslept. Glancing at the clock, it was already 7.48. She forgot to set her alarm last night.

She then brutally threw herself out of her and heading to her attached bathroom before the loud knock on the door stopped her from doing so.

“Hayi! Open the door!” It was her mom.

She facepalmed before walking towards the door. “What mom?”

“Hanbin is downstairs. He said he is-“ she couldn’t finish it because Hayi slammed the door. After a hectic thirty minutes, Hayi finally ran downstairs. An apologetic smile appeared once she saw Hanbin was already waiting for her.

“Took you so long to go down,” he smirked.

“I’m sorry I overslept,”she made her way to the sofa. “Have you had breakfast?”

“I don’t usually eat breakfast. Come on, don’t busy yourself to make some for me.”

Then, her mom joined them from the kitchen. She brought a large paperbag. “I made you two kimchi fried rice and some fruits for lunch. Hayi, you don’t tell me that you are going on a date with Hanbin! I should have prepared more foods.”

“Mom!” Hayi cried.

“It’s okay, Mrs. Song. Thank you so much. I think we should go now. It’s already late and we are not going to miss e

Please log in to read the full chapter