Chapter 1

It's You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hayi was sitting on a bench, waiting for her turn to hand out the registration form of the summer classes she decided to enroll for to the administration office. She signed up for creative writing, to advance her ability on writing poems – a hobby that had gained her virtual popularity as she always posted them on her blog. There were not many students joining the classes that her school, Jiksang High, offer this year, to which Hayi felt relieved because she preferred to be surrounded by less people.

She was about to walk around to kill her time when someone stopped in front of her.

She looked up to that person, and it revealed to be a middle-aged man, seemed to be on his early 40s. He narrowed his eyes and there was a long pause afterwards because that old man suddenly scanned her face, looking for signs of someone he must had known, before eventually he raised his eyebrows, looked surprised at her.

“You must be Lee Hayi, the daughter of Song Seungmi,” he said, pointed his finger at her as the whole of his old face turned bright all of a sudden.

Hayi shifted uncomfortably as she threw a questioning gaze at him, “Ye-yeah. And who are you, sir?”

“Ah I’m right! You have grown up,” his eyes bulged out. “I’m Kim Kijung,” he replied as he sit down next her. “I’m your mom’s bestfriend. We have been friends since high school but have been busy these past three years so rather than meet up, we mostly communicate through Facebook,” he told as he sat next to Hayi. “That’s why I recognize you.”

Hayi nodded unknowingly, thinking about how strange the way Mr. Kim said, but she found it a bit cute.

“How’s your mother? Is she alright? It’s really been a long time since the last time I met her.”

“Yes, she is.” Then, the thought about him being here suddenly popped out on her mind. “What are you doing here, Mr. Kim?”

“Oh that,” he fixed his position. “I’m accompanying my son.”

“Your son?” Hayi tilted her head.

“Yeah. He’s on the administation office right now, joining performing art class to spend this summer,” he answered as he pointed to the said office. “Ah, there he is!” he raised his voice once he looked at a boy who just got out of the office. His son had a tall posture. Hayi couldn’t see his face since that boy was wearing a snapback and he kept looking down.

How on earth could a boy like him still be accompanied by his father? Such a father’s son.

“I gotta sign up for my summer class too. Bye Mr. Kim. Nice to have a talk with you,” she said,

Please log in to read the full chapter