Unconventional Ways

Unconventional Ways [One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                She was quietly reading the pack of some chocolate bar when noticed something by the corner of her eyes. She turned her head to the same direction only to see a tall guy with an angelic gummy smile. He was very tall, indeed, for he had to look down to look at her. Once he saw she was starring too much, his smiled faded a little.
                “Hello” he said, his mouth now slightly curved upwards.
                “Hello” she replied.
                “Too many calories?” he asked pointing to the bar on her hands, only to win a confused look from her.
                “Do I… Know you?” she asked slowly.
                “No… No, I’m sorry, we don’t know each other.” he held his own hands behind his back, nervously.
                “So…?”
                “I was kind of hoping you could help me, actually.”
                “How?”
                “I really hope it doesn’t sound that weird to you and I’ll completely understand if you don’t agree, but…” he interrupted himself.
                She just looked at his face, encouraging him to continue.
                “You see, last week my girlfriend broke up with me and now I came here and she’s walking around with her new boyfriend, I don’t really want to run away from them and I know that this is not the best way to face this situation, but could you walk around with me for some time? I promise it won’t take much, I just…”
                She kept looking at him, but now a softer expression took her face. She looked around the corridor, trying to see if some couple was near to hear their conversation, then turned back to him, a convincing small smile on his face.
                “Okay, I think I can do it.”
                “Thank you so much.” he said, relieved.
                Some seconds passed while they starred at each other before she put her hand up for him to take it. He looked down at her hand, then slid his own fingers between hers.
                “I’ll take it for you, you can keep doing your stuff, I promise I won’t bother you.” he said and took the shopping cart with his free hand.
                “It’s okay, I agreed” she laughed slightly “Do you want to look for them?”
                “No, no, let’s just walk around for a while. Please, be comfortable and keep doing your groceries” he smiled a bit wider.
                “Alright~”
                They kept walking through the corridors, stopping occasionally when she needed to grab something from the shelves. Holding his hand became part of the scene, she got used to the feeling at some point, minding only her own groceries, almost forgetting about the man beside her. Only when she needed to use both hands, she got conscious about him.
                “It’s just a second” she grabbed the big package and put inside the card, then instantly took his hand back in hers.
                He smiled widely, those lips curv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter