SECOND

What?

"No." 

 

I walked out of the room, hurt as ever.

 


 

Ofcourse, it's Yuna. It has always been her. She's sweet and really really really gorgeous. Nope, she's not your typical y protagonist. She's undoubtedly the best-looking and even the best-mannered girl out here. Not too nerdy, nor too shy. She can even pull of the humouristic girl vibe while still maintaining her pretty girl aura. No wonder he's attracted to her. Almost every guy is. Every week, there would be two or more guys who'll be asking me about her and eversince, I have rejected all of them. 

 

As much as I am quite irritated by all these guys asking for my help, I'm pretty protective of Yuna. She's my cousin afterall. We're actually as close as Suzy and I before, until Yuna was moved to the other section two years ago. But we still hangout occassionally. And I treat her like my little sister. And I hate guys who don't have the courage to go to her personally and not through me. She deserves better. Come on guys, grow some balls. "Real men vibes, please?" I remember her telling me last week. She'd always tell me about her fantasy of a guy brave enough to scoop her off her feet. She likes her guys mature. Hmmmm.

 


 

"What? That dickball!" Suzy shouted-whispered at me while eating rice. She likes eating, obviously.

 

I just told her my story and she's just as irritated as I am. I don't really understand why, since she's not as protective as me of Yuna. They're just casual friends. 

 

It's been a week since that classroom moment with Taehyung, and up until now he's still asking for my help. He's actually the most determined pursuer out of all the guys who asked for my help. Not bad, huh.

 

"I still am in awe of your vocabulary, miss i-eat-dictionaries.tumblr.com" I said while laughing at her. I swear this girl knows too much words. Or should I say, formalize new words of her own. Hah.

 

"You know you love me." She replied throwing me kissy faces. 

 

"Stop it, Suzy. We're gonna be late for next period. Move your hands and copy your notes!" I said. We're now at the library and yes, she just said dickball and ate rice in the library. 

 

"Not when someone's staring at you intently at the other table." She said while wiggling her eyebrows at me. Instinctively I turned around and find who she was talking about and yes, I knew it was him.

 

"What if it was actually you who he was giving the flowers to?"

 

"Are you out of your mind? I heard him clearly. He said, "to your friend, Yuna". And why exactly do you keep on pairing me up with him?"

 

"I know you, girl." Winking at me she stood up and whispered to my ear.

 

"Can't blame you. He's too hot. Go get him." She laughed at my reaction and just left me there.

 

Am I that obvious? I thought she did not know. I never really told her of my feelings or crushes eversince. I just don't like embarrassing myself. But I guess you can't help it when you've been the best of friend for years now huh.

 

When she stood up, I saw Yuna laughing with her group of friends. She saw me too and grinned at me with those dazzling smile of hers. She's too sweet. I smiled back at her and went back to what I was doing. Realizing what had happened, ofcourse it wasn't me Taehyung was intensely staring at, it was Yuna. Huh. I knew it.

 

Why did you even expect it was you?

 

I swear I'm gonna slap my inner sarcastic me if I'm given the chance.

 

When I was about to stand up, someone seated across me. He really has this thing of coming out of nowhere.

 

"Why?" He asked me looking as curious as ever.

 

"What why?"

 

"Why did you say no?"

 

I chuckled. So we're having this conversation again. He's really determined, huh?

 

"Here's the thing, Taehyung. Yuna is a very sweet girl. And I don't want guys who don't have enough courage to go to her personally, or in other words, guys like you, for her. So either you just stop, or woo her personally. Not through me. I'm so sick of this." 

 

I don't know if I was angry because I was protective of Yuna or because I was jealous. Hell, I don't even want to know. If it's because of the latter I dont really know anymore. Ugh. I stood up and hurriedly went out of the library's door.

 

It's raining. My watch says it's already 7 PM. Oh god. My parents are probably worried about me now. And... Ladies and gentlemen, I don't have an umbrella. How do I go home now? Arguing with myself whether to wait for the rain to stop and probably go home more late or just run all the way to the bus stop and let the rain shower on me, it's just a one meter walk away from here anyway, I decided to just go with the latter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you like me?"

 

When I was one step away from the roof and rain started to trickle on me, I heard someone ask me the most dreaded question I would've ever imagined. He was there behind me all along. I slowly turned around to look at him. And there he was, looking at me with a smirk on his face, as smug as ever.

 

"What did you just say?"

 

"You're angry at me because you're hurt that it wasn't you I was about to give the flowers to, but Yuna, right?" He asked me specifically this time with the most smug look on his face like he just figured out the most puzzling thing. 

 

Instead of answering, I realized that I am still under the rain and he's still under the roof. Holding an umbrella. Now he's slowly walking towards me and stopped when he's infront of me holding the umbrella between us, shileding us both from the rain. 

 

"I said, do you like me?" He repeated. His deep voice matched too well with rain and I can't help but wonder how could someone be so attractive. I could feel his hot breath against my face and realized once more that this is the nearest I have been to him aside from the hug. Once again, like what I normally do when he's not looking, I stare at him. Before, it has always been too far. But now I really do stare at him. Perfect nose, sharp jawline, seemingly soft hair with those bangs that frame his face perfectly and ofcourse, his adorable nose mole. It's the first that I have stared at his face upclose and I regretted it the moment I did. My heart is back to it's furious beating again.

 

I do. I think I do.

 

And as I was about to answer him, I shivered because of the chilly wind the rain was causing. 

 

He just smirked and held my hand for the second time, the first being the clasroom incident, and dragged me along with him. Before I realized it, we are now at the bus stop where there's a roof and he's holding out a handkerchief at me. 

 

"Idiot."

 

He smirked and walked away with the look in his eyes that he knows

 

He knows from the moment that I can't answer him. He knows I do.