FIRST

What?

Today wasn't normal at the very least. I was late so I didn't have the time to comb my hair properly or eat my breakfast. Luckily, classes weren't still starting when I arrived at school - Mr. First Period was late, too. Hah. With this, I hurriedly got my books from the locker room and with a grumbling tummy, I ran to the canteen. Not literally run, but yes. I hurriedly went to the canteen. But this time, I took the shortest route, the campus' grassy grounds where many students use to laze around. 

 

Our room is located at the first floor along with the freshmen's room and the faculty room.  As a senior, it's pretty bad right? But the thing is, we have this huge grassy ground in the middle where most seniors go to for lunch. It's definitely the popular peeps' territory, I must say. And as lame and introverted as I am, ofcourse I don't eat there.  I eat at the canteen. Like, duh? That's where we're supposed to eat. But we all have our own cliques I guess. Yep, not your prettiest-girl-of-the-campus type of girl. Not even the nerd or shy one. I'm just...me. Normally, I'd be taking the longer way which is around the library but since my tummy is now b*tching, I am but a slave of my own hungry body, I sacrificed my shame to walk along the popular-peeps ground.

 

Step.

Walk.

Step.

 

Yes. Good, Haein. That's what I'm talking about.

 

Nope. Just don't look around you. They won't even notice you. Just keep on walking Hae---

 

Out of nowhere, someone hugged me. And just by the smell of its cologne, I could tell that it's a he. With its tall and masculine stature and the smell of just-came-out-of-the-shower , it's definitely a he. Ofcourse as a hormonal normal teenage girl, who wouldn't want to look up and see the face of a seemingly nice smelling guy who just hugged you out of nowhere? And what more, a seemingly hot bod? 

 

As surprised and shy as I am at the moment, I didn't want to miss the chance and courageously looked up to see who the guy is. He's my first teenage guy hug, anyway. Just the fact that this is happening in the popular-peeps ground means that this guy must be really one of the cool and handsomest guys here in our sch-

 

"Just don't move." He whispered against my ears.

 

"Please..."

 

His voice was so pleading I didn't have the time to even move.  But being the curious cat that I am, I looked up too see who's the owner of that deep voice. I know this voice.

 

Oh come on. Just look at him Haein!

 

I know. I know. Ok. Here it comes. With my heart furiously beating under my chest, I mustered up all my courage and looked at him.

 

Perfect teeth. Deep voice. Nose mole.

 

 

It's him.

 

Kim Taehyung, ultimate campus hearthrob. 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The guy I've been crushing on since freshman year.

 


 

I already can feel the eyes of everybody burning holes at the back of my head. I mean like, why wouldn't they? We must be really attracting attention. Hot God of campus, Kim Taehyung hugs unknown girl. Ah, I could tell the future headline of the school newspaper already. How the hell did we end up like this?! From what I remember, this only happens to movies or fanfics, right? 

 

What are you even supposed to do when someone just suddenly hugs you and asks you not to move? 

 

Without absolutely any idea on how to deal with this, I just casually put my arms around his waist and just seized the moment. Even sniffing him a bit.   And that's when I felt his body slighlty shaking against mine. 

 

Lifting up his mouth near my ears, he whispered words with that deep voice of his that made my heart beat faster than racing horses.

 

"It's just a dare, sweetie. Don't be so flustered." 

 

From the slight shake of his body due to his controlled laughter, he's now cackling loudly along with the hoots and whistles of his friends. He held my shoulders and removed my body away from his and smiled his million dollar smile at me with that twinkle in his eyes and ran to his squad. Sat on their mini blanket, eating fruits, still continuing their boisterous laughing.

 

Why did I not  even see that coming?!  Ofcourse, it's a dare! Looking back at myself I realized that I was still awe-struck with my eyes bulging out. I must be looking as red as a tomato right now. Everyone got back to their own businesses already talking in hushed whispers and giggles. Probably laughing about me. 

 

Even though I'd like to punch the living hell out of him, I did not dare. I don't really want drama. Too shocked with what happened, I'm still frozen in the same place. When the blood came back rushing through my veins, luckily I still had the energy to run to the cafeteria. And so I did. 

 


 

"You er, what was THAT???" My bestfriend Suzy asked, more like, shouted at me.

"Isn't it obvious? THAT was humiliation." I answered spitting sarcasm at her.

 

We are now sitting at the farthest end of the cafeteria munching on our own lunch like what we normally do, except that now, people have the time to look at us. Fascinating, huh. Suzy and I have been the best of friends since freshman year and we have never attracted too much attention eversince, completely different from what we're having now.  Everyone seems to be talking in hushed whispers talking about how the kingka hugged a girl out of nowhere. A nobody girl even. We were not the it girls nor the nerdy ones nor the shy ones nor the boyish ones, we're just fine. I guess? 

 

"You're famous now."

 

"Shut up."

 

She laughed showering my face with spittles of her food.  

 

"Hey."

 

Just by the deep bass of his voice and the way the cafeteria seemed to silence all of a sudden, I know it's him. Well, ain't it obvious people? Suzy's eyes are now bulging, looking at someone beside me.  Yep, he just sat beside me now.

 

I turned my head and looked at him with the worst face I could ever make.

 

"What do you want Taehyung?" I asked in the most neutral tone. Yes, guys. I am not a pityful student who has no friends and thinks she's ugly when she's actually pretty and will actually end up with the hot school hearthrob even if she doesn't like the hearthrob at first. Nope, I'm the bookworm who keeps her feels for the school hearthrob hidden to herself because it's too embarrassing to even admit. 

 

He knows that we're the center of attention now, and just like me, I'm surprised he doesn't like that much attention either. 

 

"Can we all please get back to our own businesses and just eat peacefully?" He stood up and shouted this with a big sarcastic smile plastered on his face like it's nobody's business and as the kingka of the school, ofcourse everybody obliged. Hmmmm. Cliche.

 

He sat back down and I just noticed now that he also seems to be holding a big pink paperbag. 

 

"Can you come with me please?" He asked with the most sincere look I have ever seen on his face.

 

I'm frozen in place. After four years of sly and shy looks at him, four years of hidden blushes when he's singing at the music room, four years of adoring him, he's now asking me to come with him. Yes we have talked before - "Can I copy your assignment?" "Can I borrow your pencil?", but it was just that. Nothing more, nothing less. We're classmates, afterall. 

 

Now it's different. I don't know how to react. And it seems like he knows so he just took the initiative and stood up and dragged me along with him. 

 

What could this guy want from me specifically that he can't ask of others? I do not expect him to go lovey-dovey on me and confess his feelings for me. Like, uhm, dream on Haein.

 

And just like what I normally do, I just tried my best - really tried my best, to look at him with my neutral face. I do not want to embarrass myself. I was embarrassed enough already.

 

"Your hands are shaking." He looked at me and chuckled. Damn. This guy, really. 

 

"I'm not."

 

Oh . Why am I so awkward?

 

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna fight you or anything." He looked at me again and I can hear his soft laughs as he led me towards the now empty classroom.

 

"It's just chilly, so I'm kinda shaky. You know." I retorted. Lame excuse, I know.

 

He just clicked his tongue and shook his head sideways probably weirded out by my lame excuse.

 

"Uhm, so we're here now."  He's twitching right now. Oh. My. God. Is he getting nervous because of me? Again, like I said, dream on Haein. I just realized now that he's still holding out the paperbag at his back, like a kid, while holding my hand with the other.

 

HE'S STILL HOLDING MY HAND. And I don't have any idea on how to suppress the feels I'm having right now any longer. If he don't let go of my hand already I'd probably die of overheating cheeks and rapid heart beating.  

 

Luckily, he let go of my hand now and went to the nearest chair to get what's inside the paperbag. I'm not sure of what is it inside since his backside is blocking my view of the paperbag.  But one thing I'm sure of is I'm nervous. God knows why...

 

Turning around, he's now holding a bouquet of red roses, looking at me with intense eyes. I did not dare to say anything and just kept my mouth shut but I bet it's been five minutes and he's still staring at me intently and mind you, looking too hot for my eyes. I just can't anymore.

 

"WHAT THE HELL TAEHYUNG?!" I suddenly said without even realizing. Upon realizing it I was just as surprised as he was.

 

"I-I'm sorry... I just... WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME LIKE THAT?" I said. I just can't really take it anymore. I mean like come on. The feels are overexploding. I'm gonna combust anytime soon.

 

Once again, he laughed at me and when he was done, just looked back at me and grinned.

 

"I know you're the one."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He suddenly said out of nowhere. Wtf. Why would he say that? And I probably have my eyes bulging out now. 

 

"I know you're not attracted to me unlike most of the girls around here. So I picked you." He said almost bouncing happily like an excited kid.

 

Once again, everybody. I do not know how to react. I don't know if I should be relieved that he doesn't know or should I be hurt because like, he just said "I know you're the one" awhile ago and now this? Hah. I would have laughed if I wasn't just too surprised.  Probably looking like a frozen statue infront of him now, he just continued what he was saying and let me gape at him.

 

"I'm sorry if I bothered you with your eating session, but can I ask you a question?" Now he's back with those sincere eyes. And I can't help but just nod.

 

"Yeah what is it?" I replied. Trying my best to look nonchalant when I actually have exploding feels inside of me now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you help me secretly give this to your friend, Yuna?"

 

Stretching out his wonderful hands holding the bouquet of roses at me, he asked the question like it was the only thing that mattered to him. 

 

I almost choked. Talk about heartbreak. I think I actually heard it crash inside my ribcage. Now I can easily activate my neutral face. I guess I'm just one of the actually-ugly-girls-who-wouldn't-have-a-chance-with-oppa minor characters in a love story, afterall.