THIRD

What?

I've always thought that having that butterflies in your stomach feeling was plain stupid and exaggerated. But by the way that I am staring at the back of his head, two rows away, at first period, I can pretty much say that I was wrong. I don't think it's butterflies, though. It's more like black ants crawling and tickling my insides. Just one cliched rainy evening with him calling me "idiot" and here I am acting like a hopeless lover. It's been two days since that incident and he still doesn't acknowledge my presence. Like I've suddenly gone invisible to his eyes.

 

I'd tried to have eye-to-eye-contact with him but he wouldn't just budge. I'd made an effort to fix my things faster when the bell rang so that I could walk with him to his next period but he'd always be faster than me and would always be with a bunch of his kingka friends. I'd waited for him at the gate by dismissal to return his handkerchief but he'd always have gotten home already. I absolutely acted like a hopeless stalker these past two days but to no avail. Scratching my head with a pencil, I just started scribbling at the back of my notebook. 

 

Realizing that I was unconsciously drawing his face, I furiously erased it until the paper was almost torn. Aish"So complicated." I thought to myself as I close the notebook when the bell finally rang. He's so complicated. Just like any other Monday morning, everyone lazily stood up to hunch their bags over their shoulders and go to their respective classes. I was about to do the same when a hand tapped my shoulder. "This must be yours." Almost leaving the classroom, I glanced back to see whoever it was. A guy with a bunny smile held a pencil to me. "Oh, thanks." I guess it must have fallen down when I was violently erasing my scribbles.With a casual smile, I retrieved the pencil from his hands and started to walk away from the classroom.

 

"He's not mad at you though, don't worry." Out of a sudden, he called out but I was already too far away from the room to even reply.  With a puzzled look on my face I looked back to wherever he was but he was not there anymore. I don't even know if it was me he called out to.

 

Weird that I feel like it was directed to me. And weird that it's my first time to notice that I actually shared first period with an attractive guy with a bunny smile all this time.

 


 

 "Well then, he's really a dickball." My friend retorted as she frantically tried to finish her English project before the bell rings. I told her about what happened the other night and she's just as confused as me. Why would he ignore me all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong?

 

"Right?! One second he'll share an umbrella with me and lend me a handkerchief and the next day he'll ignore me? I mean like why?" I don't know if I'm overacting or if it's just because I have my period today. Maybe both.

 

"All right, girl. I get what you're trying to say. But first, can you please help this poor friend of yours whose future is about to end if she doesn't finish this project on time?" still frenziedly finishing her work, I decided to help her.

 

After some tweakings here and there, we finally managed to finish her project, or should I say, our project. "Thank you so much, Hae. You know I love you, right?" she quipped and threw kissy faces at me. "Yah! Just go to your next class already!" I laughed and walked her to her classroom. She waved a hand at me and I was left alone to go to my next class which was five rooms away from hers.

 

Since I'm still early from my supposed schedule, I decided to walk slower and take the longer route.  The clouds are starting to get darker and I could already feel the chilly wind teasing my skin. I love cold nights, but cold afternoons are acceptable too. Suddenly, scenes from that day started to play in my head. It was raining that day. 

 

It may seem like your usual cliche rainy scenes from typical dramas but it still made me feel all fuzzy.The way his face was so close to mine I felt his breath fanning my face. When he'd held the umbrella between us when I thought he was just gonna leave me there. Calling me an idiot. Him knowing about what I feel. AISHHHH. WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT HIM AGAIN. 

 

Just two more rooms and you'll be thinking about tangents and cosines, don't worry Haein. He'll be out of your head. Right. I must admit, my inner self is wiser than my actual self most of the time.

 

"Hey."

 

It's the bunny smiled guy's voice. Holding my books tightly to my chest, I automatically turned around to look around to see if it really was him. I still am curious if it was me he was directing that he's not mad at you, don't worry message this morning.  Upon turning around he was looking at me, luckily, it was really me he's calling out to, or else it would've been really embarrassing.

 

Near me, I can hear some guy students giggling. Probably new students excited for their last classes. Most of the students are now hurriedly rushing around to their classes and here I am still standing, just 5 minutes away from a late slip. But still I replied, "Hey." Maybe it's worth asking him. I smiled a friendly smile at him but he was wearing a weird smile.

 

He started  to walk towards me and I swear I had a mini heart attack moment when he put his hoodie around my waist and tied the ends with a loose knot just below my tummy. 

 

What in the... hell? For a second there, I thought he was gonna hug me. 

 

"Just give it back to me before you go home." he winked and was about to walk away but I retorted. "W-w-why? I don't need this. I'm not cold at all. Please take this b-back." stuttering like a crazed girl I tried to remove the knot but he stopped my hand and whispered next to my ear, " Code Red."  He grinned adorably and finally went to his next class.

 

Ah, sh*t. Ofcourse, it's my friggin' period. . Maybe that's why some guys were giggling awhile ago.

 

Almost all of the students have gone to their classes, and I was left there alone, once again. Embarrased as ever. 

 

 


 

 

Breathe properly. Yep, that's it. You're just gonna return it to him. Done. Don't be shy.

 

WHY SHOULD I NOT BE? AHHHH IM SUCH AN IDIOT I SHOULD'VE CHECKED IT WHEN I WENT TO THE RESTROOM BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE WHY WOULD I EVEN FORGET THAT WHYYYY 

 

With this in mind, I keep on hitting my head as I trudge along the hallway. Most of the classrooms are now empty since it's almost 5 PM and the clouds have really gone darker. I wonder if he's still here. Should I return it today? I think he already went home.

 

1 Message Received.

 

Go home early! 

                  - Mom x

 

I smiled  at the message. Ah, my mom, really. Since my mom told me to go home early, I guess I should go home early. I'll just return this to him tomorrow. Holding the hoodie infront of me I suddenly thought of the guy's adorable grin and bunny smile. Why does it seem that I've just seen him for the first time today? He's too attractive to not be noticed, especially by an eagle eye like me.  

 

Drip.

Drip. Drip.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

 

By the time I was already by the school gate, the clouds decided to cry. Aish, good thing I have my umbrella with me. After opening the umbrella,  I put the hoodie back inside my bag since I don't want it to get wet. I'm already too thankful for him. I don't wanna give it back all wet. Like duh.  

 

And just like the last time it rained, Taehyung's outside the school gate. But this time, he's the one letting the rain trickle on him. And I'm the one holding the umbrella.

 

His back is turned to me and I can clearly see his umbrella tucked at the side of his bag.  It's still just drizzling so I assumed he's going to use his umbrella when the rain pours heavier. But as more rain poured down, he was still just standing here. Not even trying to cover himself from the rain. 

 

I went beside him and held the umbrella to shield us both. 

 

He looked at me. I looked back. 

 

No one spoke for a minute and we both just looked straight ahead at the cars speeding right infront of us.

 

"She rejected the roses." He said all of a sudden.

 

"I already told you." I replied.

 

"You're still an idiot." He chuckled.

 

"Why do you keep on ignoring me?" I asked.

 

"I already told you." He replied, mimicking what I said earlier.

 

"What?" almost losing my patience, I tried my best to keep calm and asked him.

 

"Because you're an idiot."

 

I was already getting pissed and about to reply with a snarky remark since his answers are so vague when he held the umbrella's handle and placed it just above my head, away from him now, letting rain trickle on him again, "You're an idiot for thinking I'm a guy worth liking. I only end up hurting those who like me one-sidedly. I don't want to hurt you. So stop now before that like evolves to something more dangerous. Idiot." He smirked and turned around to the other end of the road, walking under the rain.

 

His eyes were sad. 

 

And I think my like is evolving to something more dangerous. 

 

 

 

 


HELLO IM BACK IM SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE MY LAST UPDATE BUT I DONT THINK THAT ANYONE'S REALLY BEEN UP-TO-DATE TO THIS BLEH FANFIC LOL

IM SORRY IF THIS FANFIC IS BECOMING SUCH A CLICHE RAINY SCENE ENTHUSIAST BUT ILL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE IT BETTER IM REALLY SORRY 

IF YOU'RE READING THIS THANK YOU VERY MUCH

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND AND VOTE 

THANK YOU c: