Sweat

Fill Me Up

The first time they decided to go on a date was after a particularly hard day of dance practice. They had been working on a very complicated choreography for the past two weeks and they were still trying to get somewhere with it. Hoseok had finally pinpointed Jimin’s ability and what he needed to work on in other to get better. He had invited Jimin to underground dance battles several times; with his ability he would be able to win a least a couple of battles, but Jimin refused to go.  Although Jimin always said he didn’t go due to his age, and that he didn’t want to get into trouble with his teacher, Hoseok knew he was too anxious to go against someone. No matter how much Hoseok said he had the ability Jimin refused to believe it.

After practicing one last time the two boys fell to the ground, defeated. They sat against the mirror wall and stayed quiet while they caught their breath. A fine layer of sweat covered their skin and their shirts were soaked. It was the first time both of them had been that tired.

Finally Hoseok broke the silence, “I can’t go on anymore, we’ll continue in a couple of days.”

“What about tomorrow?” Jimin ruffled his wet hair. He looked at his hand and groaned.

“I think after this I won’t be able to move for at least 24 hours.” Hoseok chuckled, “We should go somewhere.”

“Go somewhere?”

“Yeah, we could go get coffee or something.”

Without thinking Jimin responded to the proposal, “Go somewhere…like a date?”  As soon as the words came out of his mouth he felt heat rise to his cheeks. He covered himself with hands. “Oh my God I didn’t mean to say that, I’m sorry. I’m so stupid, I don’t know where that came from, I’m so sorry.” Jimin continue apologizing until Hoseok’s laugh finally broke through his panic.

“Don’t worry about it.” Hoseok laughed, “It can be if you want it to be.” Hoseok looked down to his friend, who still hid himself behind his hands.

“What? I mean,” Jimin’s heart was racing, he could hear the pounding in his ears. Insecurity and desire flooded his thoughts. He had admitted to himself that he might had had some feelings for Hoseok sometime after starting his lessons, however he had never been in a situation of almost confessing his emotions. Not only that, but Hoseok didn’t seem bothered, he smiled and even suggested that they should go on a date.

“Sure, yeah why not, right?” Jimin chuckled nervously trying to play off the obvious panic.

“Good then, it’s a date!” Hoseok smiled at Jimin, a light shade of red tinted his cheeks.

There was a moment of silence.

“I’m gonna go now.” Jimin collected his stuff and awkwardly walk towards the exit. As he walked out Hoseok called out to him.

“I’ll see tomorrow for our date.” He chuckled and laid down on the floor, still too tired to get up and collect his things.

~

The next day the butterflies in Jimin’s stomach would not cease. What he thought would be an easy task turned into one of the hardest decisions of the day.

“What should I wear?” He whispered to himself while he looked through his messy closet.

In the past years all the clothes he had bought were too big for him. Sometime he bought them purposely that way, in order to hide his body figure without having to wear layers upon layers of shirts and sweaters. Other times he brought more fitted clothing, in a desperate attempt to make himself feel better, but he always managed to grow smaller, leaving the clothes too big for him.

Still, he wanted to at least try to look nicer than usual for his date with Hoseok.

A date with Hoseok still seemed like a dream, and just thinking about it made Jimin anxious. He would probably say something stupid and mess up everything and Hoseok would hate him forever and never talk to him again. Then Jimin would be back on his endless self-pity cycle. Nice.

He dug through his closet once again, trying to find something that made him look slightly attractive, unlike his usual self. He was going to finally give up when spotted a pair of black pants on the back of the closet. On the same hanger was a tight grey V neck still with the price tag on it.

“Oh no.” Jimin remembered the outfit perfectly. He remember the day Taehyung forced Jimin to go shopping with him, constantly nagging him about his dreadful fashion sense, and bought him the tightest outfit he could possibly find.

“Wow you have a really nice .” Jimin remembered Taehyung’s chuckle as he slapped his and told Jimin to take off the pants so he could buy them for him. “Pants that make your look that good should never be left behind.” He said while he handed his credit card to the apathetic cashier.

Jimin groaned and hit his head on a nearby wall.

“Why am I doing this to myself?” He took the pants and the shirt off the hanger and proceeded to put the outfit on.

It was tight. It was really tight.

The black pants stuck to every inch of his legs, outlining the curves of his thighs and his . Jimin turned around, checking himself out in the standing mirror he had next to his closet.

“This is so bad, oh my God.”  He felt ashamed of looking at himself. For once he thought he didn’t look too bad, even slightly good looking. Taehyung had been right, the pants did outline his body in all the right places.

It was selfish for him to think that he looked good in anything thought. After all the years of being told how disgustingly fat he was, no amount of clothing could make him look good. He was fooling himself into thinking he was somehow attractive for sure.

He put on the shirt next, avoiding looking at mirror until he had covered himself with the clothes.

The shirt wasn’t so bad; it was tighter than what he was used to but it was nothing compared to the pants.

Jimin looked down again, turning around and looking at his thighs and while debating whether it was a good idea to wear the pants.

There was a battle in his mind.

He wanted to look good for Hoseok. Jimin liked him, he liked Jimin. For once in his life he didn’t feel completely anxious about hanging out with someone who wasn’t Taehyung. Hoseok was nice to him, complimented his skills when no one else did. The thought of all of this being a set-up to make fun of him had passed his head.

Maybe Hoseok was just like everyone else but he went the extra mile to make Jimin feel like crap. Maybe he pretended to be his friend only to tear him apart at the end.

But his smile, it looked so genuine. And the simple touches he gave Jimin when correcting his position when he was dancing, and the way his thighs looked whenever he was too tired and laid down on the floor, his pants riding up his legs a little too high. And how could he forget his serious face whenever he told Jimin about his life outside the dance studio; about his happy parents and broken sister. The way Hoseok trusted Jimin even though they hadn’t met that long ago. The way his voice decreased a whole octave and turned rough when he was nearly out of breath after all the practice.

Jimin dreamed about that voice whispering pretty things in his ear.  He dreamed about having Hoseok’s rough hands travel up with shirt, kissing every part of him and telling him how beautiful and perfect he was.

Hoseok was worth the embarrassment of wearing extremely tight pants.

And if he wasn’t who Jimin thought he was.

Well, that’s a whole other story.

The fear Jimin had of Hoseok being like everyone else and making fun of him, of his weight, he didn’t even want to think about it.

He took in a deep breath, held it in and sighted.

“Alright, whatever.”

He put a leather jacket he had received as a birthday present from his family on his last birthday and had never worn. Since they had mandatory uniforms and Jimin barely went out he hadn’t had the opportunity to wear anything nicer than a pair of loose sweat pants and an oversized shirt.

He looked through his collection of snapbacks in the shelf above his bed and chose his favorite with the “Parental Advisory” tag on the front. Then he chose a random pair of earrings and his sunglasses. He made sure he had his wallet, phone, and keys on him and walked off to the nearby bus station.

During the bus ride he swore he could feel people’s eyes on him. Probably making fun of him and thinking he was weird he thought. He remained tense and practically glued to the window the whole ride, trying to make himself smaller and unseen.

When he arrived at the station he walked over to the dance studio, where they had decided to meet, and ran towards the location when he noticed Hoseok leaning against a nearby wall, chewing gum and looking at his phone.

“I-I’m sorry, am I late?”  Hoseok’s head shot up from his phone screen and he looked over at Jimin.

“No, it’s fine.” He looked at Jimin up and down and bit his lower lip.

“Is everything alright? Have you been waiting for long?” Behind his sunglasses Jimin looked at Hoseok fully. His dark grey pants were held around his hip bones, and the plain white shirt made him look way better than with his usual workout clothes.  The jacket he wore over the white shirt concealed the collar bones that the neck of the white shirt revealed. Jimin was slightly disappointed that Hoseok wore a jacket; last time he had seen him in a tank top he was unable to take his eyes off of him.

“Yeah everything is good, you just…”   Hoseok chuckled, “you look really hot.” Hoseok looked away with a smirk on his face.

Jimin blushed and looked down, “Oh, uh, thank you.” Hoseok had complimented him before, told him he had a good body or he had a cute face, but being called hot was a whole other topic.

“Shall we go then?” Hoseok wrapped an arm around Jimin’s shoulder and pulled him next to his side. “I know a really good bakery near here.”

“S-sure.” Jimin hoped the deep blush that spread on his cheeks was covered by his sun glasses. He walked next to Hoseok a little tense from the feeling of the arm around his shoulder. Being close to another person who wasn’t Taehyung was weird.

As they walked towards the bakery a comfortable silence settled in. Jimin looked at the people passing by the street. He had always enjoyed people watching, even when he was with Taehyung he would sometimes blank out and just look at the other people walking by them.

When they arrived at the bakery Hoseok’s arm left Jimin’s shoulder as he went over to throw his gum out in the nearby trashcan. When Hoseok came back he looked down at Jimin, who had taken off his sunglasses.

“So, which cupcake do you want? I personally really like the red velvet one, but the blueberry and peanut butter and chocolate ones are really good too.”

Oh yeah, Jimin thought, going to bakeries involved eating.

“Uh,” Jimin played with his fingers, feeling a great deal of pressure to make a decision, “I’m not really that hungry.” Jimin avoided Hoseok’s gaze, knowing it would be filled with sadness.

“How about we share one? These things are pretty filling anyways.”

“O-Okay.” He could get rid of it afterwards.

“I’ll order and you go find us a table alright?” Hoseok turned to the counter and got the cashier’s attention.

Jimin looked around for a table and noticed a tall table on the far side of the store. He walked over to the table and sat on one of the stools next to it. As he waited for Hoseok he looked over and closely observed the way he moved. His natural movements were as smooth as his dance moves and the way he smiled and laughed loudly reminded Jimin of the charming princes from fairy tales. He observed Hoseok as he paid and walked over to the table with the cupcake on a paper plate.

“I ended up getting the peanut butter one, it’s unfortunate they use creamy peanut butter though, crunchy is way better.”  He set the plate down on the table and sat on the stool apposite from Jimin.

“Hyung…” Jimin looked down at the cupcake.

“What is it?” Hoseok looked unsure when he saw Jimin looking down on the cupcake with a slightly frightened look.

Jimin picked up the cupcake and his lips, hunger quickly building up. One bite won’t kill me, he thought.

“Creamy peanut butter is way better.” Jimin bit into the cupcake and set it down again.

Hoseok sighted in relief. “Hell no, are you serious? There is nothing better than crunchy peanut butter.  Creamy peanut butter is for wimps.” He took the cupcake in his own hands and took a bite off his own side.

~

After leaving the cupcake store Jimin managed to keep himself together. The cupcake had been one of the only things that he had been able to keep in his stomach. Lately he had been notices many more changes in his body. He was often tired and dizzy. Going over to Hoseok’s dance studio was nearly impossible because whenever he tried to follow the choreography he would feel light headed and would have to sit down in order to not pass out.

He drank as much water and green tea as he could but still felt the everlasting feeling of emptiness in his stomach. He cheeks had begun to hollow out slowly, no longer holding the live they once held.

Hoseok noticed as well. Jimin couldn’t concentrate  as well as he used to, the longer he exercised the more he would complain about feeling dizzy and having to sit out for a little while. Hoseok knew what was happening, he was hoping to get to Jimin quickly enough. If he lost any more weight than he already had the damage would be drastic.

Jimin was beautiful, and he couldn’t understand how someone so precious had become so broken.


I just realized how badly I need Jimin with a tight V neck in life.

Basically I based Jimin’s outfit off my favorite selfie of him  and Hoseok’s off the Hormone War promo pictures because I'm unoriginal and can't describe for my life.

Anyways, like I said last time we are on the home stretch! There is only two chapters left, not including this one.

Sigh, now I kind of wish I would have written more~ I'm a firm believer that the worst thing you can do to your story is write a sequel for the sake of writing a sequel, not because you actually have a good sequel idea.

I'll do my best to think of a one-chapter sequel but don't get too excited please!