One Step, Two Steps, and a Gentle Caress

Fill Me Up

The first time Jimin finally met Hoseok for a dance lesson the boy swore he could puke up all of his organs and the butterflies would still remain crazily flying around in his stomach and making him more nervous than usual. He somehow managed to build up enough courage to text the guy and ask him when he was free. Hoseok didn’t have too much free time, Jimin noticed, but he had several spots open in which nothing conflicted in Jimin’s schedule.

Jimin was nervous. Well, more than nervous. He wasn’t very confident when it came to socializing, or dancing, or anything at all. The mere thought of messing up and embarrassing himself urged him to cancel the lesson and never call Hoseok back, but he forced himself to follow through. He had even managed to convince himself to keep a yogurt in himself for energy instead of following his usual routine of puking up everything that went into his stomach. Either way he was sure cancelling last minute would be a lot more annoying to Hoseok than a ty, way-too-nervous, student.

They met at the dance studio where Hoseok had been teaching the lesson the first time they met. When Jimin arrived Hoseok was practicing on his own. Before walking into the room he observed the dancer from the door.

Hoseok’s body moved smoothly and locked right on the beat of the music that played from the speakers on the side of the room. His limbs followed the rest of his body perfectly, every move he made caused Jimin to want to keep watching. Eventually he stopped noticing Hoseok’s smooth dance moves and focused on the tanned skin, covered in sweat, and his breath increasing as he continued the routine. For the first time Jimin noticed that the other was actually quite fit and had more than okay looking biceps. The tank top he wore showed off his arms, collarbones, and was low enough to show part of his chest. Even his legs looked amazing; Jimin was slightly disappointed by the shorts that covered Hoseok’s thighs, but was satisfied by the way they hugged his . The concentrated gaze that Hoseok maintained as he finished his routine was still Jimin’s favorite part. No amazing biceps or nice could beat the look of concentration and seriousness that Hoseok wore during his routine. Jimin almost liked that serious expression on Hoseok better than the smile he had worn the first day.

As warmth made its way to Jimin’s cheeks from the embarrassment of merely looking at Hoseok, he shook his head, driving the thoughts out, and concentrated in the matter at hand. He had come to get a dancing lesson, and burn some calories, not stare at his teacher’s face and hope to remember every detail of it to remember at night.

When the music stopped Jimin snapped out of his thoughts and he opened the door unconsciously. He stood at the door, and stared at the sweaty man in front of him, unsure of what to say. Fortunately, Hoseok spotted him and spoke first.

“Oh hey Jimin, you’re here!” Hoseok whipped the sweat off his forehead with the towel around his neck and walked towards Jimin. “Sorry I’m all sweaty and smelly already. It won’t be so bad when you’re the same.” Hoseok chuckled and Jimin smiled shyly.

Hoseok pointed at the edge of the room, where there was a pile of a book pack, sports bag, and a couple articles of clothing. “You can leave your stuff over there. You’ll just warm up a little first and then you can show me what you got.” Jimin walked over to the edge of the room, leaving his stuff behind, and returned to the middle of the room with a slight tint of red on his cheeks, not sure what to do. He felt too dressed compared to Hoseok. While his instructor wore a white tank top and black shorts with some obscure lettering on it, he wore an oversized grey sweater and dark blue sweatpants that hid his body completely.

“Don’t be nervous.” Hoseok gave a sweet smile to Jimin, attempting to relax him. “Okay just try to reach your toes. The warm-ups are just like normal gym class ones; nothing to worry over.”

As Hoseok instructed Jimin how to stretch his hands traveled around the boy’s body, correcting his position lightly. Sometimes his hand would be on Jimin’s back, helping him stretch by pushing him down further, and sometimes it would be on his thigh, separating his legs on order to gain a better posture. Jimin noticed that Hoseok was a touchy guy, but he did not mind when the elder’s hands were on him; in contrast, Jimin tcraved his touch. 

Sometimes Jimin’s mind would wander, like any teenager boys’.  What would happen if Hoseok’s hand traveled a little higher up his thigh? Or if he slipped his hand underneath Jimin’s clothes and held his waist, for stretching purposes only, of course.

Jimin quickly got rid of those thoughts from his head. The last thing he wanted was to get hot and bothered in front of some guy he barely knew.

When stretches were done Hoseok left Jimin’s side and walked over to the speakers. “Okay, now just follow the music. Don’t worry about messing up, just show me what skills you have.”  Hoseok turned up the music with a strong beat and waited for Jimin to react.

Jimin, too anxious to move, stood paralyzed in the middle of the room.

After a couple of minutes Hoseok stopped the music. “There’s no need to be nervous. I won’t laugh and I won’t judge, I just need to know how you move, that’s all.”
The mere thought of being the center of attention caused panic in Jimin’s mind. “I really can’t do this.”Jimin whispered to himself.

“What’s that?” Hoseok had a sharp ear.

“I…” Jimin thought about what exactly he was going to say but instead a blabber of words came out, “I can’t do that. I really can’t dance at all, I don’t know why I’m here, and I’m not even that interested in dancing. I mean I don’t know why I thought this would be a good idea, I can barely-“

“Okay, calm down.” Hoseok approached Jimin and placed two hands on his shoulders. “It’s normal to be nervous. Anyone sane would feel nervous, but I’m not here to laugh at you. I actually want to know how you dance, I need to know how you move.” Hoseok directed a brightening smile at Jimin. “Just close your eyes and let the beat guide you, alright? Do whatever it is your body desires, whether it’s jumping around and screaming or do the robot or whatever.”  Hoseok left Jimin’s side and went to the speakers again. He the music again, waiting for Jimin to move.

“Okay.” Jimin whispered to himself. He closed his eyes. The anxiety was overflowing him, almost like a tidal wave that kept crashing against him. He clenched his fists and dug his nails into his palms, forcing himself to slightly move. With almost overwhelming nervousness he began moving, concentrating in the music and nothing else and pretending he didn’t feel like he would puke in the middle of the room without even trying. Jimin convinced himself he was alone in his room, in a place where no one but he could look into. His body relaxed and moved to the impeccable beat of the song that Hoseok had chosen. Although he wasn’t conscious of what he was actually doing at first, Jimin found himself oddly content with the state that he was in. He had managed to find a place where he didn’t feel anxious and was simply alone, moving his body to the beat of the song. The thought of Hoseok staring at him didn’t pass his mind, instead he could only think of the freedom he felt.

His train of thought ceased when the beat of the song stopped. Jimin came out of his own world and found that he had had his eyes open and had been looking at himself the whole time. His breathing was a little harder than before and he had already broken a sweat, but his body felt relaxed.

The sudden sound of clapping snapped him out of his on world completely.

“Whoa, that was actually pretty good, man.” Hoseok walked towards him with a smile on his face. “I didn’t know you could move like that. You sure you’ve never done this before?” He rested a hand on Jimin’s shoulder and looked at him on the mirror. “There’s a couple of things to work on, but honestly that was…impressive coming from someone who doesn’t really dance.”

Jimin’s face turned completely red with embarrassment, “T-T-Thank you.” He stuttered.

“Okay, I’ll teach you a choreography and we’ll see how you do on that, okay?” Hoseok went back to the speaker and put on the song he was looking for. When he turned it on he walked back to Jimin and began the first steps.

During the hour Hoseok taught Jimin part of the first choreography he would learn. Jimin followed the best he could, with a constant slight red tint on his cheeks. Jimin did his best to follow through what Hoseok taught him, earning him more compliments about his skill and body that he had heard in the past 3 years of his life. The genuine praises from Hoseok and his light caresses on his arms and legs when he was correcting his position lit up Jimin’s world.  Whenever Hoseok’s hand traveled from his lower back to his neck, correcting his posture, Jimin would feel goose bumps travel through his body.

Truth be told, Jimin found Hoseok attractive from the day he met him in a tank top showing off his biceps, sweaty, and with a bright smile on his face. But actually feeling his hands move along his body, moving his arms slightly one way or another in order to achieve the perfect position was a whole other experience.

By the time they were finished Jimin thought it had been a miracle he hadn’t gotten any dirty thoughts about his instructor during the class. He swore those hands were made to tease and caress lightly, and he hope he would feel them directly on his skin someday.  Although the thoughts of Hoseok’s rough hands touching every inch of his skin threatened to invade his mind, Jimin was able to concentrate on packing up and going his way.

“Oh and by the way,” Hoseok was finishing up cleaning the studio, “you have a good body. I wasn’t kidding when I said I was impressed with your dancing.”

Jimin swore his heart skipped a beat at that moment, he waved off the compliment, said goodbye, and left the other behind.


I have a thing for Hoseok’s hands for some reason, I’m gross.

From now on the chapters have quiet a bit of time in between them; don't worry it'll say how much time has passed since each event. Next chapter is very very important~ But it also means it nearing the end~

Still, thank you very much for all the comments and subscriptions!