Recovery

Fill Me Up

Recovery was difficult.

First facing his parents, telling them the truth; seeing their faces fold into devastated expressions. He couldn’t look at his mother cry, or his father hold his wife in his arms.

Recovery started immediately.

After regaining their composure Jimin’s parents told their son they would get help; the best they could afford. He began going to a therapist specialized in young people suffering from eating disorders and began nutrition counseling.

Recovery was scary.

Jimin feared lunch time. He really tried to ignore the feeling that came every time his mother called down for a meal. He tried to not feel the guilt every time anything went down to his stomach and didn’t come back up a few minutes later.

At night he would cry himself to sleep. He knew it was good for him, eating full meals and gaining weight, but the fear was unbearable. It was like a monster was consuming him.

Sometimes we would sneak out of his room to the bathroom and do anything he could to puke.

Sometimes his mother would find him on the front of the toilet, his hands clenched as he sobbed for himself.

Hoseok stayed with him through the whole process. He introduced himself to Jimin’s parents as his friend, and eventually confessed to being more than friends. He held Jimin whenever he was falling apart, kissed him whenever he questioned his motives, and whispered into his ear whenever he was ready to give up.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was hospitalized after a third suicide attempt. Jimin visited him as soon as he had heard from Hoseok. He held his best friend’s hand and prayed that he would wake up as cheerful and happy as ever. The first thing he said when he woke up and saw Jimin was, “What do you think cows think about when they fall sideways and they can’t get up?”

Jimin laughed, with tears on his eyes, more than happy that his best friend had woken up, “I think they wish they had a friend to help them get up again.”

Taehyung began his own recovery not long after that.

Recovery was slow.

It took months for Jimin to gain enough weight to be considered normal. His nutritionist explained everything he needed to know, all he needed to eat and how much of it. It was frightening, but being back to normal weight meant he was no longer exhausted all the time and his confidence slowly returned.

He wasn’t allowed to exercise for a long time. He realized that when people said that you don’t appreciate something you have until it’s gone they were serious. Jimin attended all the dancing competitions Hoseok went to and began missing the days where he would spend his afternoons dancing with his boyfriend.

After nearly a year, when he had corrected most of his bad habits and the guilt of eating was no longer as strong, he was allowed to go back to his typical afternoon routines with Hoseok.

Recovery was necessary.

With himself, Jimin realized all the wrongs he had done to himself. His confidence peaked and he loved his own body more than he ever had. Much to Hoseok’s pleasure this meant tighter pants and more intimate moments.

With his parents, Jimin recognized their love and care. He realized they wanted nothing but his wellness and their relationship was strengthen. Jimin dreamt of repaying his parents for everything they had done for him some day.

With his school, Jimin became ignorant of the bullies and open-minded to the others who stood by. He made more friends and his grades increased gradually. He worked hard and was rewarded with high placements in his school’s ranking.

With Taehyung, they helped each other recover. They both took long, but the time they spent together was filled with laughter and smiles. Sometimes tears would spill out, whenever one of them was feeling weak, having a bad day, but they knew how to comfort each other and the days always ended with more laughter.

With Hoseok, Jimin grew closer than he ever had with anyone else. His arms became a safe space and his kisses became a coping mechanism. They took it slowly in the beginning. Jimin would sometimes arrive at Hoseok’s doorstep nearly having a panic attack from the guilt and Hoseok would take him in his arms and rub his back until he calmed down. Near the end Jimin would sometimes arrive at Hoseok’s doorstep and jump at him, craving his kisses, as soon as he opened the door. Eventually Hoseok was able to ride his hands up Jimin’s shirt, feel his body and tell him how amazingly beautiful he found him. Sometimes Jimin would giggled and they would cuddle just that way, other times Hoseok’s hands continued their journey to Jimin’s pants.

Recovery was difficult, recovery was scary, recovery was slow, and recovery was necessary. But above all;

Recovery was life-saving.


Well, that was ing cheesy.

Final chapter…I ended up writing three last three chapters in one night…

I researched recovery a bit, I hope this is okay.If it isn’t please tell me.

Regarding other wroks. I have very general ideas but I haven't come up with anything as of yet. Most of the prompts I'm thinking of are for non-fanfiction work, but I'll hopefuly come up with something good! When I do I will post it on my status thingy on here. Just as a general idea I'll tell you I was thinking something along the lines of zombie apocalypse/pandemic AU.   

Any thoughts?

I really hope you enjoyed reading this and much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you for reading!