Lost

Third Time's The Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Proverbs 16:3

“I thought you said we were going to karaoke,” Krystal whined.

 

“We are!” Jessica responded, eyes focused down on the cute accessories sold on a roadside stand run by two older women.

 

“Why are we shopping in Gangnam then?” she said exasperatedly, exhausted of being pulled around by her friends and sister, tired of the loud honking of the cars and shouting of the hundreds of roadside stand vendors.

 

“Because we can’t go to karaoke in the day,” quipped Luna, also immersed in the accessories.

 

“Yeah, karaoke’s meant for the night, silly. Didn’t you know?” Amber joked. She wasn’t interested in the accessories, but she was quite distracted by the Candy Crush game on her phone.

 

Krystal only sighed in response, not having else to say. Bored, she had nothing else to do except people watch. Her eyes gazed over the multitude of people, all with their individual lives and agendas to attend to. She tried to ignore the sting in her heart every time she spotted a loving couple on a date.

 

But she couldn’t look away when her eyes landed on a particularly happy couple looking into the window of a store across the street from Krystal and a few steps to the left. Even though she could only see their backs, she didn’t have to see their faces to know they were in bliss simply being in each other’s company. The guy’s hand was placed protectively on his girlfriend’s back, near her waist, an obvious sign of her taken status. The girl lightly punched the guy in the chest who pretended to have been hurt when he clearly was not.

 

How come she and Kai hadn’t been that cute or intimate? When she thought about, she realized most of the skinship between them was initiated by her. She had basically been the one who had been carrying the relationship.

 

Krystal continued watching the two, witnessing how the guy pointed to his lips, the girl shaking her head no, and the guy leaning in for a kiss anyways. Through deductive reasoning, she concluded that he had asked for a kiss to heal his injury- even though she had hit his chest and not lips- and when his request was rejected, he decided to get one anyway. She nearly squealed about how cute they were.

 

Until the couple turned and she was able to get a clear view of their faces. Her breathing stopped momentarily, and she froze, upset how she had complimented the two without even realizing they had been Kai and Seulgi.

 

Unable to turn away, she saw Seulgi stomp away angrily, and Krystal guessed it was because Kai had kissed her unexpectedly. A small flame of hope ignited in the jealous girl. Maybe Seulgi didn’t like Kai the way he liked her.

 

But after observing how Kai ran after Seulgi, the small flame was nearly extinguished. Krystal considered how Kai’d react if she switched positions with the other girl; would he ran after her too? Krystal wished she would be able to say yes, but the sad truth was most likely a no. He would not have run after her. Sure, he probably would have felt a bit guilty, but he wouldn’t have chased her to apologize, to explain, to beg for forgiveness.

 

Feeling heartbroken about the insincerity of her first ever relationship, Krystal found herself- heavy heart, teary

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter