Chapter 7

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Shock ran rampant across her face as she panicked. “What are you two doing here?” She asked, stalling as her father came around the corner. Her mother smiled, telling her how guilty they felt leaving her there for spring break and how much they missed her. She smiled, even though it was strained as her father approached. Had Jae picked up his clothes from last night? She couldn’t remember. She prayed he had as she opened the door. She walked into the room, and forced herself not to groan. His clothes were in a pile next to her laundry bin.

She ran over and stuffed it in her bin, before turning back to her parents. She almost felt bad for Jae. There was no way he could get out of this unscathed. “Who’s this?” Her mother asked, crooning and Soo Yoon ran to Jae’s side, shaking him out of his music. “He’s not very tall.” Her mother chastised as he stood.

“This is Jae. My friend.” She insisted and her mother hit her arm, smiling.

“Yes, yes. Friend. Right.” Her mother said, putting the lunch box on the desk and smiling brightly.

“Who are you?” Her father asked, the smile dropping from his face. Soo Yoon started to answer, but he cut her off. “I’m not asking you. I’m asking him.”

“Park Jae Bom, sir.” Jae said, bowing politely and Soo Yoon fidgeted in place.

“Why are in my daughter’s room?”  He asked, angrily.

“We were studying.” He said and her father slammed down the food.

“This doesn’t sound like studying. You don’t play music like this when you study.” Her father shouted and Jae turned off the music.

“I’m an audio major, sir. This is my homework.” He said and her father rolled his eyes.

“Your parents let you go into a field like that? Psh.” Her father his teeth, turning to her. “This is what you do here? Waste time with people like this? Didn’t I send you here to become a doctor?” He asked and she lowered her head.

 

He watched her father berate her for a minute, turning red, before stepping between them. “Sir, with all due respect, your daughter is doing her best.” He said and she pulled his sleeve, shushing him. “All she does is study. Do you know how hard she works?” He asked as her father looked at him, dumbfounded. “She never goes out, never parties, and never socializes with anyone that isn’t in her study group. The only time I ever see her is when I hunt her down between classes or sit with her while she breaks her back studying.” He said and her father stepped back.

“Jae-ah.” Soo Yoon called, quietly and he turned his head to her. “Be quiet.” She hissed and her father waved her off.

“Who are you to tell me about my daughter?” Her father asked.

Jae stuck his hands in his pockets and stepped forward. He was bigger than her father, if only by a few inches. “I told you already. I’m Jae Bom and I’m your daughter’s…” He paused to look at Soo Yoon, who was all horror, “friend.”

Without warning, her father punched him in the jaw. Jae stumbled back, surprised. “Appa!” she shouted, steadying Jae. Jae pushed her back as gently as he could and stepped forward again. Her father hit him again and Soo Yoon screamed. Her father

Please log in to read the full chapter