Chapter 8

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

She went to her fridge, grabbed another cold compress and came back, gently applying it to the side of his face. “I know what I want.” He said and she looked up from where she was holding the compress. His hand landed over hers, holding it firmly, and she tried to pull it away. “Be still a moment.” He said, smirking a little. “Don’t you want to know what I’m going to ask?”

“Stop it.” She said, trying to pull her hand away and he smirked. That delicious little smirk that always made her heart beat a little too fast, no matter how much she denied it.

“Let me sleep here, when I’m alone. Share your meals with me.” He said, softly and she hesitated. Soo Yoon didn’t know what to feel about that. If he was anyone else, it would be a harmless request. She looked at him and sighed. She wasn’t his type anyway, so it wouldn’t matter. She was just a placeholder for his bimbos, something to keep him warm.

“Fine, but don’t try anything.” She said, trying to pull her hand away again. He held it a moment longer before letting go.  She sighed and stood, grabbing his key and the food, to put in his fridge. She walked into his room for the first time and looked around. It was a mess. There was abandoned food on the counters, clothes on the floor, and audio equipment and papers took up his entire desk. She sighed heavily, looking around, partly for the fridge, and partly for where things should be.

She started to put the food in the fridge, just to find it full of half eaten, probably abandoned food. She placed her food on the nightstand, between the six glasses and two plates. She fixed her bun and started the giant job of cleaning his room. She decided the food was the majority of the mess, so she started there. Her first job was throwing away everything abandoned and piling all the dishes in the sink. That alone was five minutes. Afterwards, she cleaned the counters as best she could, since he had like four paper towels that she could find. Before she did the dishes, she made his bed and sorted his clothes for washing.

Jae came in as she was washing the dishes. “What is taking you so long?” He asked before looking around the room. “You're cleaning?” He asked as she continued washing.

“Your room is filthy. Grab a trash bag, paper towels, and the disinfectant from my room.” She said, without looking up.

“You didn’t have to do this. I was going to clean it later.” He said and she finally turned to him, raising an eyebrow.

“Liar. You’re so busy with your girls and your music, you would live like this for the rest of the quarter.” She said and he stumbled over his words. He resorted to mumbled complaining and kicked his clothes. “Go on, grab the stuff. We’ll get your clothes washed when I’m done.” She said, turning back to the sink of dishes. The slamming of the door was the only indication that he had agreed.

When he came back, he slammed the disinfectant and paper towels, he took the trash bag and started cleaning with her, complaining under his breath. She finished the dishes, the microwave, swept the floor, and disinfected the fridge.  She tried not to laugh as she worked. She heard him crumpling papers and muttering about how pointless this was. When Soo Yoon was pleased enough with her work on the fridge, she stuck the food in and sat on the floor.

“Do you need help with the trash?” She asked and he shook his head, still muttering. She walked over, reaching for his nightstand. “We should clean out the drawers.” His hand slammed over and she pulled her hand a

Please log in to read the full chapter