Chapter 4

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

(Quicker update than normal to make up for the lapse)

 

The next morning, Soo Yoon was on her way to the library when someone stopped her. She raised an eyebrow and he smiled, his lips. “You were in the café yesterday, right? You were with that guy.” He asked and she nodded, leaning back a bit and bending her knee. “You looked really nice. You should dress like that more often. I’m Daemon and I think we should hangout. Ya know?” He his lips and Soo Yoon sighed heavily.

“I’m going to be late for my study group, if you don’t hurry up with whatever this” She pointed between the two of them. “is. So, can I just tell you that I’m not interested and we can both go on our way?” She asked and he looked at her dumbfounded.  She smiled, spun on her heel, and marched toward the library.

The boy grabbed her shoulder and she sighed, turning around. “Come on, don’t be like that. You could give me a chance.” He said and she closed her eyes, touching her forehead. This was stupid. She looked him up and down. She didn’t like anyone who rubbed their hands and their lips that often. That usually meant they were up to something, or planning to be up to something.

Over the strange man’s shoulder, she saw Jae. He was leaning on a tree talking to a girl, who would probably be in tears in a few hours.  Soo Yoon bit her lip and pulled out her phone. She didn’t want to do it, but she also didn’t want to deal with this . She frowned and pulled out her phone, texting while she tried to gently shoot down the man in front of her.

She saw Jae check his phone, type something, and clip the chick on the chin. Her phone went off and she read the text. ‘I’ll help if you call me Oppa.’ She sighed and closed her eyes. She texted her response and saw him run his fingers through the girl’s hair before walking away while the girl ran. Soo Yoon shook her head, still trying to understand everyone’s fascination with him. Maybe she was just jaded after her own experience. Objectively, he was handsome, strong, and not unkind.

“Hey, babe. How are you?” He asked, placing his arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him and smiled, laying her head on his shoulder.

“Pabo Oppa. I missed you” She said, smiling. Jae’s face dropped a little as he squeezed her shoulder.

“Who’s your friend?” Jae asked and she shrugged, looking at the boy.

“This is Daemon. He’s been keeping me company while I wait on you.” She said, and Jae laughed a little.

“Thanks for keeping her company.” Jae said, sounding almost jealous. He spun her around and led her towards the library. “Pabo Oppa?” He asked and she smiled up at him, pushing him away as they walked.

“You said I had to call you Oppa, not be nice about it.” She stuck her tongue out and he raced at her, picking her up.

“Maybe if you had been, I wouldn’t have to embarrass you.” He said, tossing her over his shoulder. She shrieked as he carried her to the library. She beat on his back and kicked him, but he just laughed. He talked and talked, as though it was normal to carry a woman across campus. When her bag fell, he just tossed it over his shoulder and kept walking.

Eventually, she stopped fighting. It was pointless and only drawing attention to herself. It took a bit longer before she started smiling. This was so absurd, it was kind of funny. In what reality was it okay for him to treat her like this? Why wasn’t she mad? She hated being man handled, but it was kind of different with him. She knew that he considered her an equal. She knew he did it as a jest, not to be cruel.

He put her down and she kicked him in the shin and he grabbed his leg, jumping up and down. “Good Christ, you psycho.” He shouted and she giggled. It was just for a moment and she covered as soon as the sound came out, but he heard it. He looked up at her and smiled. It wasn’t his y smile, or his player smile; it was an honest smile. His lips spread too far, showed too many teeth, and his eyes got too small. Despite all that, she found it absolutely contagious and smiled behind her hand.

“You’re smiling. I can see it in your eyes.” He said, and she turned away, snatching her bag. “You can’t hide it now. I saw you smile. It was even cute.” He called after her and she laughed at him, behind her hand. “I’m growing on you, just a little.” She refused to acknowledge him as she went in to study.

She smiled as she sat down to study and her study group frowned at her. “You seem particularly pleased today.”

She rolled her eyes and her teeth. “I am not particularly pleased. Can we get star

Please log in to read the full chapter