Chapter 2

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the morning, she ran out of her bedroom in a white t-shirt, bright light blue skinny jeans, and white sneakers at seven thirty. She tossed the black backpack over her shoulder and was running down the hall when she slammed into her neighbor. She fell on her back and looked up at him. He was dripping wet and absolutely devastating, in only a towel around his hips.

He smiled at her and she stood up, hissing at him. Now, her shirt was wet and she was possibly going to be late to class on her first day. She started cursing him in Korean as she ran to class.  He shouted something after her and she ignored him, barreling towards class.

After her first two classes, she poured herself into the dining hall. She yawned as she carried her lunch to a table next to a window. She turned up her headphones and opened her text book as she popped an egg roll in . She hadn’t studied the night before because she had been moving in and she felt terribly guilty about it. She was always prepared and circumstances had left her a step behind.

Soo Yoon was in her own little world when a tray landed on her table. She jumped, almost choking on her food. She looked up and saw 116 smiling at her. She smiled a little and went back to her textbook. Her next class was math, so it wouldn’t be too hard, but she still wanted to brush up beforehand.

116 tapped her book and she looked up, blandly. He was still smiling at her. She her teeth and pulled out one headphone. “Yes, 116?” She asked and he laughed a little, smirking. His laugh was nice. She would like it, if she didn’t think of him as an annoying neighbor.

“What’s your name, 115? I tried to ask this morning, but you were in a hurry.” He said and she sighed, picking up her chopsticks and eating, turning her eyes back to her book. His hand landed on her arm and she shook it off. “My name is Jae. Sorry, I forgot to mention it yesterday.” He said and she rolled her eyes. “I have to call you something, don’t I?” he asked and she shook her head.

“Don’t call me. I won’t answer even if you do. I’m sorry, you seem nice, but I don’t play with playboys.” She said and he looked taken aback.

“I’m not-”

“Are you going to date the girl from last night?” She asked, turning back to her book.

“Well, no. That was just fun.”

“You know her name?”

“Kathryn, or Katie?”

“You have that kind of fun often?”

“I suppose often enough-”

“You’re a playboy.” She said, cuttingly. “Playboys are tragically predictable. I’m not going to sleep with you, so I have no value to you. There is no reason for you to know my name.” She said, putting her headphone back in. She turned her eyes to her textbook and frowned, highlighting an equation.  She felt a finger against her cheek. Her headphone came out as she looked up at Jae aga

Please log in to read the full chapter