Chapter 6

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He woke up first, a little confused. Soo Yoon’s head was still nuzzled into the crook of his neck contentedly. Her fingers were curled against his back, holding him. He hadn't moved all night. That was new. He raised his head and looked at her face. She was smiling her sleep, relaxed. He smiled a little, lowering his head.

He liked seeing her like this. She wasn’t stressed or worried about anything. He tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear and she shifted a little. She pulled him closer, her head shifting to the muscle of his shoulder. He smiled to himself and laid back down, looking up at the ceiling. Her hand, now on his stomach fisted. He placed his hand over hers, closed his eyes, and fell back asleep.

When he woke again, he heard the shower running. It cut off and he sat up, stretching. This time, his arm really was numb. She came out of the bathroom, pulling down her oversized t-shirt and looked at him. “Happy now?” She asked and he smirked.

“I don’t see why everyone’s against sleeping with their friends.” He said and she stopped, one hand out to her blow dryer. “It was nice.” He finished and she snatched her blow dryer, sitting at her desk. She opened a textbook and turned it on.

“Don’t get used to it. Go grab me a coffee from the café.” She said, over the noise and he laughed.

“Yea, yea, whatever. Stay still.” He said, taking the blow dryer and starting in on her hair.  She jumped a little and snapped her head around, but he shook the dryer in her face, silencing her protests. “Study. I’ll get your stupid coffee when I finish.” He said and she turned around slowly. She relaxed back into the chair, as he stood behind her, patiently drying her hair.

Looking back, it was probably then that it started. He hadn’t thought about it. He hadn’t thought about how thick her hair was. It didn’t occur to him that his feet would hurt from standing for an hour. He hadn’t thought about how intimate it was. He just knew she needed to study and she’d be distracted if she had to multi task. So, he stood behind her, for an hour, patiently drying each section of hair. “How do you do this all the time? I would go mad. Ugh.” He said, sitting on the floor with the blowdryer.

She ran her hand through her hair and frowned. “Huh, you did a pretty good job.” She turned around and saw him on the floor. He saw in the way her eyes scrunched up and she covered she was trying not to laugh. “I’ll grab some coffee. Go put on some clothes.” She said, turning for the door and he groaned.

“Please?” He begged and she turned to him, raising an eyebrow.  “Pretty please? With a cherry on top?” He asked, giving his best pitiful face and she just rolled her eyes again. He couldn’t contain his smile. “The key is on the hanger thingy next to the door.” He said and she snatched it on her way out. He laughed a little, leaning back against the wall. She was a strange one, but he was glad to have her nearby. Sometimes strange was good.

He jumped when she flung his clothes at him Something hard smacked into his forehead and he shot up. She had an arm. “Shower and put on real clothes.” She insisted and he nodded, grabbing the container of body wash.

“You didn’t have to fling it at me, ya know. It’s hard.” He complained as she sat down, placing the coffees down. She opened her book again, ignoring him and sitting on the bed.

When he got out of the shower, he saw her, her hair tied up, and curled in a little ball with her book on her lap. She reached for her coffee blindly and he walked over, handing it to her. She hummed her appreciation and he laughed. “Don’t lock your door, I’ll be back.” He says and she nodded, poking her foot in the direction of his coffee and he took it, smirking.


 

Please log in to read the full chapter