Courage is all you need

WE ARE MARRIED

After three days, while you're in the nearby supermarket you received a text, your forehead wrinkled, you're puzzled of the text, "Dude, it's me that should be thankful. You still wants me to get into the team, and you helped me big time. I really appreciate all the effort you guys extended just to help me with Jen", this is obviously a wrong sent message, you thought. And you're not on top of your class to be that stupid not to know for who is this text Minhyuk's accidentally sent to you.  You waited, you know he will realised his mistake anytime soon.  And you weren't wrong, your phone's ringing and it's him, you waited for two more rings and you answered, "hello?", "ah Jen, uhm, how are you?", "I'm good. Thanks. And you?", "I'm good too. Thanks. Uhm,...can we meet?".  You're shocked of his question, that's the least you expected that he's going to say. "What?", you cant hide the surprise tone in your voice. Minhyuk, "ah, can we meet today?", you wanted to say yes but you thought of his status as an idol, "weren't you going to schooltomorrow? Cos if we meet somewhere now, I'm afraid that Dispatch will be around" you make face on your own lame joke. You continued, "so I guess meeting you in school tomorrow is much better", you could hear that he sighed but he answered "Okay, see you in school tomorrow then. Thanks, Jen."

The next day, you are nervous on how Minhyuk is going to talk to you and clear whatever he needed to clarify.  You spotted the soccer team members having a chitchat at the side of the hallway, and you stopped in front of them, they stop talking and Yongguk approach you, "hey!", you're raising an eyebrow at him and just waited for him to talk, "uhm, are you mad?", "is there any reason for me to get mad?", "I know you already know what happened", "good thing you're smart, so all of you fooled me, was it fun laughing at my back?", "It wasn't as fun as we expected it to be, running all around the campus, playing hide and seek with the targets are not really fun, but we took that booth already so we don't have any choice. It was so hard." You open your mouth to say something but you spotted Minhyuk from behind, he arrived, now approaching you and Bang. He stop in front of you, Bang gave way so the two of you are facing each other, "Hi" he said, "hi" you said back. He swallowed hard, you saw that cos you are staring at him and waiting for him to start talking. "Are we going to just stare at each other here?" you asked, Minhyuk is nervous, thats pretty obvious and you felt bad about it, he's very different from the role he used to play in his dramas, "okay, do you want to talk somewhere else? Like a closed door place?", "yeah, thats a great idea", he said with a sound of relief in his voice. "Okay lets go, I think the auditorium is free from students right now" you two were about to walk but you stop half-way, "do you need them *pointing at Bang's group*?", Minhyuk look back and forth at you and the group, "uhm I guess Bang can come?", Bang instantly walk towards the auditorium without saying a word and you two followed. Your phone rang, it's Aira, you werent able to say 'hello', "ya! And why are you late?", "I'm not late. Im already here in school" you look at the two walking side by side, "I'm heading to the auditorium right now", "waeyo?", "I'm with Bang and Minhyuk...will tell you everything later.", "kyaaa! jenskin lee, don't be too harsh on him, he has reasons....", that made you stop walking, "what? Ya! Choi Aira! Do you have anything to do with this?", "ah okay ill talk to you later, Youngjae's calling...bye", "ya! Aira! Aiisssh. Jinja!". You caught the two staring at you but turn their gaze away right after you caught them, and you can only exclaim, "i cant believe this! Aira knew?", the two guys didnt answer yet they headed straight to the auditorium. Inside the auditorium, you stand infront of Minhyuk, crossed-arms, you signalled Bang to just stand at the side, "okay, go ahead, I'll give you enough time to explain". Minhyuk's nervous, just by staring at his eyeballs and the way he blinks rapidly. "Look, its just us three here, go ahead. Wait, are you shy? Cos that simply doesn't fits you"' "I'm not shy. Im just......intimidated....", you open your eyes wide and gestures 'eh?', "you're intimidated? By me?", Minhyuk, "look its just, it just, when I see you before its like you're not interested of my presence in our class. Like, i feel so insecure that among every girl classmate we got, its only you who doesn't ask either a selca with me or my autograph.." Minhyuk explained. He continued, "and, you said you don't like too-handsome guys", "I cant find any other way to get close to you, or even have another way where I can talk to you, so I asked for their help", he hold his nape looking so frustrated and confused, you can only stare at him with mouth half-opened. He looks at you, looking like a sad puppy, "jen... Please don't get mad....", you got back to your senses and straighten yourself and clears your throat, "was it so hard for you to just approach and ask me if I want to go out with you?", instead of answering you, he fires another question back "if I did ask you before, would you say yes?", you're taken aback, "well, maybe i will say yes, i guess", "thats the point, What if you say No? Then I don't have any other chance". Watching Minhyuk and after hearing his side makes you forget the exact reason why you are mad, you two had a few seconds stare-fight. Bang interrupted, "we have a clas---", you didn't let him finish, "you can go, were not yet done!" Minhyuk looked at Bang as if saying don't leave him yet, "go ahead Bang, we're almost done here, we'll follow you in a bit" when Bang doesnt leave you gestured to kick him, and he started backing off but he said before turning away, "Jen you cant punch him in the face! He's an idol!", "I know! Leave!" And you went back facing Minhyuk. He's just standing there, looking at you and said "you cant slap me on my face too. I have a photoshoot this evening. My face might get swollen", you're trying to figure if he's joking but he seems not and he seriously think you're going to hurt him. Wow. "Look, if I were a guy, and I like someone, i will just approach her and tell her that i like her and I'm interested on dating her." You smiled, "but the thing is, I'm not a guy. It's you. But if I knew or had a feeling that you were interested on dating me before, i should've asked you out myself." You smiled. And you're staring at him. Waiting for him to react. But your smile fades cos that took 20 seconds for him to react.

Minhyuk face went serious, eyebrows-furrowed, he blinks a few times and asked "what?", you tap your forehead and exclaim "What? Wow Minhyuk, I never thought you're that slow" Minhyuk started to stutter "mworago? Wait, you...", you gestured your hand for him to stop talking, "look, gather your words first, i'll let you think then just talk when you don't stutter anymore." Minhyuk's smiling widely now, "you're not mad at me now right? So you like me too?" He hugged you tight that your face squeezed on his chest, "hey!", he realised that "oh sorry, oh god, neomu you scared me. I was preparing to get a punch from you". He talks continuously now, "you like me too Jen? Really?", you raised an eyebrow "I don't remember saying that." He smile widely again, "if only i was given a hint Jen, i would've asked you out before, but theres no sign really. And I'm afraid that you will reject me". You pointed your forefinger on his forehead "you should've try! And besides, whose girl would reject the very Kang Minhyuk?", "you? You said you don't like too-handsome guys", you hit his arm lightly "correct, i don't like too-handsome guys, but who told you you're a too-handsome guy? You're just an average." He smiled, "Ill let that pass. Jen, am i forgiven?", "I'm not really mad, i was just shocked. And even Aira knew,..how?" Minhyuk grin, "tell me you like me too first, then I'll tell you the story." You gave him a deathly glare, he laughs, "Okay, i like you too. But not that much so don't be too proud of yourself, I'm not going to be all-crazy over you", Minhyuk held your hand, "you don't need to be crazy all over me, cos thats me on you already" he brought your hand to his heart. The bell rang. You both startled and laughed because of it, "your face was funny" you said, Minhyuk reply "and so are you. You look like you're caught doing something bad". You pinch him, "whatever! class time. We need to go. We'll talk again later". You turn heading to the door, he's right behind you, he stop you, and make you face him, he hold you face and lean in closer to your ear "thank you, i will make you happy", then he kiss your cheek. He smile with a happy expression on your face while staring at you, you said "thank you too, for finally having the courage of telling me that you like me." You smiled at him and lean in and kiss him on the lips, that lasted for 3 seconds. He was shocked, you tap his cheek lightly and jokingly said "don't faint, we have a class. Lets go!" And you two headed to your classroom. 


School ended. You two talked again, he even drop you to your dorm building.  He gave also gave you that teddy bear with drumsticks he posted a few days ago on his instagram, there was a sticky note on it saying "please let me sleep beside you", when you read the note, you instantly misunderstood it. You ring him, "hey, this is the bear you bought in the States, i saw your post", "ne~ did you like it?", "uhm, it's cute. The words you wrote, was it a double-meaning sentence or you just didn't realised what you wrote?", Minhyuk on the other line were puzzled, "wait, is there any other note there? Maybe my hyungs played a prank on me~~", you're surprised, "oh! Omo~ so what exactly did you write in your note then?", "let me sleep besi---", you grinned, "so you its you who wrote it", Minhyuk instantly said "Jen thats not what I exactly meant, its like the bear is the one saying it. Not me myself!" The smile on your face is plastered, you wanted to laugh but you didn't because you will make Minhyuk more embarrassed. You simply said, "thanks, i love the bear. Its cute! Dont worry i'll place him next to my other mini bear". You two bid your goodnights to each other.

You're very happy. You felt like you're walking on clouds. You're relationship with him went on smoothly, you understood the fact that you two have to keep it a secret, you're in favor of that too. CNBlue is in Chile right now for a tour, they left a week ago. You two  maintained any form of communications even when they're not in overseas, you have your daily notes that you decided to do and show to each other everytime you meet again. On his first night in Chile he rings you, 10 o'clock in the evening, and thats 10 o'clock in the morning for you, you said "hey!", Minhyuk "*sings* I just called to say i love you~", you giggle, you remember that night he called you and about that song, "hey arent you tired? You should be sleeping.", "I'm about to sleep, but i want to hear your voice first and tell you i love you." "I love you too", "i'll be very busy in the next days, i just want to tell you to forgive me if I cant call you a lot.", "you don't have to worry on that part Minhyuk, I'm not a nagger girlfriend" he laughed on the other line, "you go sleep now, just do your notes okay?", "aren't that nagging?", "No! Its called a reminder". "Go now and sleep, saranghae". You both hang up at the same time.