The news

Reverse

 

Bangtan had all gathered at Bighit's meeting room and were waiting for the arrival of Bang PD. Even if they already knew what was coming, the sorrow and nervous feeling couldn't be shaken off. Namjoon sensed the members each tensing up as the seconds pass by. "It'll be okay. All 7 of us will stay together anyways" Hoseok smiled. "I'll forever be the hope icon of Bangtan even if we disband. We'll all be written down in history as former members of Bangtan." Jin gave a small motherly smile. "Let's not be too upset" The members all nodded in agreement.

They wait. For the next 4 minutes, no one spoke. A minute passed and Bang PD finally entered. The boys stood up and greeted their CEO politely. Bang PD avoided meeting their gazes except Namjoon's , Jimin's and Jungkook's. "Why do you think you boys are here?" They all kept quiet. Jungkook silently held Jimin's hand under the table. Bang PD sighed. "Nevermind. I'll just get straight to the point"

Bang PD leaned against his chair. "let 7 of you debut together. raised your group well. Sure, you had tough choreos, harsh periods of time but I made up for that with breaks. First time the news broke out, I was shocked. Suga and J-Hope, gay and loved each other. I worked hard to cover that up but we decided to just let it be since the world now accepts it. Even with this happening, I worked hard to promote you guys. And with your equal hard work, you won #1 quite a few times and a lot of best rookie awards. But... do you think I'm easy?"

Bang PD paused and scanned the boys who were just staring at him. J-Hope and Suga who had previously been mentioned, had their fists clenched and jaws tightened. Bang PD took a deep breath and continued. "The second time, Jin and V, caught by the paparazzi. That too, I worked hard to cover but your manager said just let the world know. There was no way to hide that you two were also gay. It was inevitable for the other members to be gay when already two were gay. Jimin, Jungkook, Rap Mon, they're all straight. What does this make them look like to the public? Do you know how I feel after all my hard work to know that I raised 4 gays?"

Jimin looked down. He felt bad. Him and Jugngkook were also in a relationship but all the blame was going to Taejin and Yoonseok. Bang PD's tone was more stern as he continued. "I expected more from the four of you! Jimin may not be perfect but he at least knows that he cannot cause the public to see Bangtan badly. He lost his abs, he apologised, worked out and went on a diet. He spends the most time at the dance studio to perfect his moves. He works even harder as the last member to join. Jungkook is a kid and goes through many difficulties but he persevered and earned his title. He worked hard to keep up the name of Bangtan. Namjoon is your leader. He bears the weight of Bangtan on his shoulders. The four of you added on to that weight. You may be hapy in your own gay world but who's the one taking responsibility? It's Namjoon! Have you ever thought about your other three members who have been working hard for the group?"

The group had their heads down especially the four who were continously picked on by Bang PD. Jimin glanced at Taehyung who was beside him and saw the hurt expression on his face. He knew how much that would affect Taehyung. All those insults. "I decided that I cannot let this group continue. I cannot be promoting a group with gays in the team. I give the seven of you two days to pack up your stuff from the lockers, studios and move out from the dorm. I'll give you paychecks for the rest of the years left on your contract. Namjoon,  I want to see you in my office in 20 minutes." Bang PD stood up and left the room. The minute the door slammed shut, the members let out a sigh. Suga scoffed sarcastically. "Ouch" Jungkook looked at Jimin worriedly and saw that the elder was nowhere near okay. He dragged his chair closer to Jimin's and gently the boy's back. Jimin wiped his tears and sniffed. "Sorry hyungs. Me and Jungkook are also the same but only the four of you get the blame."

Taehyung couldn't hold back a stray tear. He hurriedly wiped it and looked at s with a sad smile. "Didn't we promise not to be too upset? This won't be the last time we see each other. We promised to keep in touch, right?" The members all nodded. Jungkook stood up. "Well, we should start packing up then. Shouldn't be too hung over like Taehyung hyung said" Slowly, they all stood up and went to the practice room together.They were stunned upon seeing empty boxes ready to be filled with their belongings. Each member grabbed a box and packed their own stuff. They all worked in silence and worked at a fast speed. Clearly they weren't needed there anymore. The longer they stayed, the more painful it'll be.

15 minutes later, Namjoon had to leave to meet Bang PD. So only the couples were left. Suga and Hoseok took a bigger empty box and stood up. "We'll be at the studio." They quietly left too. Jimin went to the wall and touched th words BigHit written on it. Taehyung came to his side and patted his shoulder. "You okay, Chim?" Jimin nodded with a smile. "Even if it was only for 2 years, I fufilled my dreams of performing on stage and hearing fan chants. Being an idol"

Taehyung patted Jimin's head with a small smile. "I'll miss you Jiminnie. What would I do without you until we meet again?" Jimin smiled and pulled Taehyung into a hug. "Live. You're going to have to live to be able to meet me. It'll be hard at the start but we're going to have to adapt. I'll miss you too Tae." Taehyung rested his chin on Jimin's head. "You'll always answer my calls and texts right?" Jimin nodded, tightly hugging Taehyung's waist. "Always"

Jungkook and Jin sat side by side as they watched their boyfriends hug. Jungkook turned to face Jin. "Hyung, how are you and Tae hyung going to meet? I mean, both Jimin and I live in Busan. But you and Tae hyung are from different hometowns." Jin smiled softly. "I'll figure something out" Suga and J-Hope returned from their studios with a box full of belongings. Both had red eyes. It was clear that they had cried together.

The six of them sat together as they waited for the return of their former leader. Namjoon came with a handfull of envelopes. He passed each envelope to each members. "Our pay for the years on our contract that we have left. It's quite a lot so we'll last a while" The members looked at the checks with wide eyes. J-Hope was the most shocked. "We could buy houses with this" Namjoon nodded. "Bang PD offered me a chance. Solo." Suga smiled "You should take that offer. You make great music"

Namjoon shook his head. "I'd rather just go back to underground or be a gas boy than go solo" Jin scrunched his nose. "Even if we've seen you act as a gas boy, I'd rather you go back to underground. Don't waste your talents. God, I really don't want seeing you filling up my petrol tank." All of them laughed. Namjoon stood up. "I'll start clearing my studio-" "We cleared it for you" Hoseok cut through his speech and pointed to the box they returned with from the studios.

"Should we go back to the dorms and pack up?" Jungkook suggested. All 7 had no objections as they carried their own boxes home. They all divided with their own roommate