Final Day (Part 3)

Sharing the Last Sunset

My grip was still so tight as I am holding him. We went inside the diner where we celebrated our 100th day together.

Yes, we even manage to surpass the three-month testing period in relationships. It was one of those days that I thought would never pass. I always yearned for us to stay on that day. I would even sign up for that day to repeat even a hundred times, I was just so happy being with him and having the chance to celebrate our affection. So now, we are here, hoping we could reminisce what had happened in the past.

I ordered my favorite and I asked Mark what he wanted to eat. And as I expected, he didn’t reply so I doubled my order for him. I looked around and managed to smile. This place hasn’t changed a bit. It was the same old diner where we spent our moments together.

The place is still filled with the distinct smell of burgers and fries and the musky smell of second-hand smoke. There are added display of indie bands’ posters that performs every Friday night. Every thing inside this dinner reminds me of a memory with Mark. Most of our nights we would eat here, at some random point we’ve grown attached to this place. This place had witnessed how we grow as a couple, that’s why we treasured it the most.