a break

precious

The other three MBLAQ members watched with a nervous smile as they saw the maknae approacing them, together with GO. However, a sigh of relief could be heard when they saw that contagious toothy smile Mir flashed at them and if only Mir hadn't injured his back, the boy would definitely have ran to them.

"Hyungie~" Mir sang as he got on Cheondung's side and clung to his just recently new bestfriend causing Seungho and Joon to frowned.

"What about me?" Seungho asked sulkily. Mir grinned but didn't make a move from Cheondung's side. "Maybe I should give this to someone else then." Mir's eyes widened as he saw a stack of new comics in Seungho's hand. His favourite comic.

"NO!" Mir shouted and reached out both of his hands to get the rows of book. "I want them." Mir whined when Seungho held those books out of the maknae's reach. Mir pouted. Seungho supposed to be shorter than him and he should have been able to retrieve those books easily but then, Seungho was wearing army boots and he was pretty sure the older put some shoelift in those pair while he was just wearing a simple sneakers. That made him look way shorter than the older. Not fair.

"Na-ah." Seungho warned. "Take your meds first." The leader, again, acted like a father, making Mir to roll his eyes playfully.

Joon came smiling as he took out the container of medicine Mrs. Bang had entrusted to him and chuckled as he saw Mir's features contorted to that of a disgusted one. Joon just shrugged and shoved those pills into Mir's hand together with a bottle of mineral water. They watched as Mir grimaced while swallowing those bitter pills.

Mir groaned at the taste. "I hate you guys." He pouted. He almost downed the whole bottle of water just for four small pills. Mir wiped his mouth and started home when he skidded to a halt as he realized something was wrong. The other didn't walk with him like he expected they would. He turned to see four of his hyungs looking disturbed. Mir frowned before something clicked in his head. "I just joked. I don't hate you guys for real." Mir quickly denied so the hyungs wouldn't misunderstand him.

"Is this okay though?" Seungho asked, gaining Mir's confused look. "Is it okay to pretend like nothing happened?" He asked again. Sure, they were happy that their maknae still treated them the same. Being like a good dongsaeng Mir always is. But, he felt wrong to keep up to Mir's act. He felt wrong to just brush off everything away. "Why aren't you mad at us?"

Mir sighed. "Why are you being like Byunghee hyung? Why would you want me to get mad?" Mir asked as he shook his head with a small chuckle at his hyungs' request. People in their right mind wouldn't have asked to get scolded.

"Because we had wronged you. We have been such a useless hyung. You deserve to get mad at us. Yell at us." Joon said, looking straight in Mir's eyes. He hated that everything came back to the same place. Mir would always pretend like nothing had happened and they always ended up in the same place. They realized that Mir was actually keeping a subtle distance. He forgives but never let anyone close to his real self. He didn't give them trust.

"Why?" Mir asked, his features tensed. "If I yell, would you guys feel less guilty?" His question, even when it didn't really meant to hurt, but it still did nonetheless. And Mir saw that. Saw how hurt flashed across those faces.

Mir slowly walked back and quietly let himself into Seungho's embrace, burrying his face in Seungho's shoulder. "Cheolyongie?" The leader called and Mir smiled at the familiar worries in that voice.

"Go home, hyungs. We need a break from each other." Mir whispered so only Seungho could hear him. When the younger pulled away, Mir continued. "We'll be okay by the time we meet again." And those weren't just a mere words. That was a promise. Mir looked to the others. "We'll be okay."

 

 

 

-i got a hunch someone was sulking on me, but then again, i'm always wrong. pfft~ of course. i'm not a psychic.-