Questions

Oh Baby, Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom's POV

My mother turned and smiled at me.

"Hello, Bom."

I gestured for her to sit on the sofa, and I sat next to her.

"So-so, why are you hear?"

She sighed and looked at me.

"Have you forgotten how fast rumors spread? Now, I want to be a part of this baby's life. I will be he or she's grandmother, won't I?"

"You were never a part of my life. Give me three good reasons why I should let you in my baby's life."

"What do you mean I wasn't part of your life?"

"I took care of myself. I taught myself how to cook, clean, read and I even had to enroll myself into school. You were always at the bar. Or with a man who wasn't my father."

She ignored me.

"Who's the father? Or do you not know?"

I looked at her, tension now building up.

"Like I would tell the likes of-"

"It's mine. I love her and have loved her for years."

Kris butted in. I had forgotten he was here, and looked at him, my eyes wide.

"I see.. well if I'm going to stay here things have to change. You can't see her anymore, and the color of this wall needs to be changed."

She said, scoping out the apartment.

"Excuse me? Do you really think you can just check into my life like it's a hotel you found the location of on Ebay? Because it's not. I am not a rug, and I won't let you tell me who to be around, and how to live. I think it's time for you to go now."

I dragged her by her mid arm, to the door. Before I could close it, she asked me something.

"Why are you doing this to me? I'm your mom, and I want what's best for you!"

I scoffed, and rolled my eyes at her.

"You may be my mother, but you are not my mom. Good day, Miss."

I said as I simply closed the door on her. I walked back to the couch where Kris was sitting.

"What happened when you were younger?"

"It's a long story Kris. I-I don't want to trouble you. You've done enough for me."

"Enough isn't enough. I have time. All the time in the world."

"Look.. I appreciate it, I really do. I.. I'm just not exactly ready to talk about it."

"Not ready? You've know me for seven years! How are you not ready?"

"Stop pushing it Kris. I'm not going to have this conversation."

I gave him a glare, letting him know I was serious.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. You can tell me- whenever you're ready, I'll be here."

"I appreciate that. Thanks."

He pulled me into a hug and told me,

"I have to go now, I'll text you and maybe we can do dinner soon."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter