Letting Go

Tangled Love

Outside the room, Key slid down against the cold hard hospital walls. The hot tears flowed, more freely now.

Damn. Why the hell am I crying? I’m supposed to be happy. Happyhappyhappy.

Frustrated, Key bit his lower lips, so hard that it cracked, trying to repress the constant sobbing of his.

Gosh. Kim Kibum. You've got to stop. You're pathetic. Minho has learnt. He will treat Taemin well, perhaps even better than you yourself. Can you just be happy for Taemin?

You're so selfish. Only thinking about yourself. Taemin's happiness should be all that matters.

Just stop crying. Stop. Why are you so useless? Can't even do a simple job of stopping the tears.

Great. You must look so pathetic. A grown man weeping so miserably in public.

These negative thoughts kept coming like an avalanche. They did nothing useful but only served to make Key cry harder, so hard that his entire scrawny body started trembling. There was absolutely nothing he could do to stop these thoughts from running in his head. He felt that his head could explode any moment then. This was good. That way, he could escape from the harsh reality, escape from all these pain he was feeling...

Ever since Taemin started dating Minho, Key long knew that Taemin would never fall for anyone else, and needless to say, for him. 

But why? Why can't he just stop the pain in heart right now. He should have gotten used to this. Why was he feeling so hopeless, so depressed?

He squeezed his eyes shut as tears continued flowing mercilessly down his cheeks. He let the tears flow unabashed now, for there was nothing he could do to stop them from falling. He wondered if he could ever stop those endless tears. Even if he did, he knew that he would still be weeping deep down in his bleeding heart...

Gosh. I'm really so useless, so pathetic...

In the midst of his copious crying, Key nearly jumped when he suddenly felt a hand touch his shaking shoulders. He looked up. It was the young surgeon. Beneath those large puppy eyes of his, there was this look of sincere care and concern.

Strange. Key thought. Could he actually be caring for me? Why would anyone actually do so? Why would anyone actually care for such a selfish, useless brat like me?

Then, the young lad spoke, with an oddly cheerful tone.

“Hey! Remember me? Hmmm.. you're the guy who rolled your eyes at me just now right? By the way, I'm Jonghyun. I'm going for lunch alone now. Care to join me? Keep me company perhaps? You can share with me some your troubles as well. Not to boast but I've to say I'm pretty good counsellor myself! So you in? My treat! ” The young surgeon grinned, holding out his hands for Key.

Key stared at Jonghyun’s hands, speechless. A thousand thoughts ran through his confused mind. The tears stopped flowing instantly, as though Jonghyun had cast some sort magic spell on him to stop them. Key didn't know how to react then, he just stared wide-eyed at the gorgeous surgeon, with all kinds of questions fluttering in his mind like wild butterflies...  

Was it because of the initial shock he got from Jonghyun touching him? Was it because of the cheerful tone of Jonghyun's voice? Or was it simply Jonghyun's natural charms that stopped the tears so easily? Key didn't know.

He hesitated for another moment or two, then a wry smile then crept across his tear-stained face as he took Jonghyun's hands.

The young surgeon immediately pulled Key up and playfully patted his back. "That's the spirit man! Big guys aren't supposed to cry. I guarantee you'll get  a hell lot of fun during this trip out with me!" he beamed.

Key couldn't help but smiled as he looked at the frivolous young surgeon. The enthralling smile the surgeon was directing at Key was like a thousand-watt bulb in the middle of a dark cave, and it had mystically lit up the forlorn darkness that had been lingering in the younger boy's heart for such a long period of time. That was when Key knew this decision he had made was a right one. That is, to let go. Afterall, he will gain nothing but misery if he continues holding onto this love he had for Taemin.

Unrequited love will never bring him true happiness, will it?  No matter how much it may hurt, he've still got to let it all go ultimately, don't he? In order to truly live and love again, all these have got to go...  

Who knows? This little adventure with Jonghyun might even turn out fun!

And that was the start of a brand new romance for Key...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys! So how was the ending? I've really tried my best to make it a good one! ^^ Sigh... I really like Taekey but I love 2min as well...Frankly speaking, I'm also actually quite upset that I didn't pair Taemin and Key  together in the end...but oh well... hope this ending's okay~ 

Anyways, thank you to all of you who have supported this story all the way till the end. I really, really appreciate you guys for reading, subscribing and commenting! Personally, I think this story wasn't really well written, so I'm really touched by all the support you guys have given (": 

Lastly, please do comment and tell me how you guys felt about this story as a whole! :D Love you guys! <3