Into the Woods

Princess Resurrection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan wipes the bead of sweat on his forehead but his eyes never stop from looking at the view in front of him. He had to ensure it is safe to pass through so his master won’t meet any obstacle or enemy to fight.

They are already being separated from Adele and Victoria when they were about heading to the beach but somehow, to avoid from a sudden car coming from in front of them, Adele turned the wheel abruptly causing them to jump out from the car.

All of them fell a bit far from the place they were thrown and Luhan ended up with Princess who is still with her cold face while crossing her arm. He didn’t dare to ask anything although he is very itching to ask whether she had something in mind seeing how she stays silent.

“You really are a worst actor, Luhan. I don’t mind you ask but please, make sure the question you’ll ask is worth it to answer.” Her sudden voice tensed him up. He gulped and pulls a bit of his collar.

“Do you think we can find a way out from here? I don’t see any light or house we could ask for help.” He his dry lips. He looks at her and felt astounded to see how graceful she is despite everything seems dark around them. Since she wore tight jeans and collar T-shirt, she looks more chic than previous days.

“Luhan?”

He was pulled back into the reality. “Ye – yeah?”

“In front of you.” She gives him a short-reply.

He frowned. “Huh?” When he turned around, he hits the tree instead with a loud of sound that similar to skull shattered. He lays his back on the grass with his mind still spinning around. He could see her face looks down at him with her usual smirk.

“You do know how to always be aware of your surroundings, right?”

He groaned. “Yes.”

“Yes what?” Her tone is still icy.

He closed his eyes in attempt to break their stare. “Yes, master.” He replied in force voice.

 

 

He brushed off the dirt on his hair as he shoves away the twigs in front of him. He blows off his front hair many times since it blocks his sight and he felt uncomfortable about it.

“I’m going to cut my hair next time.” He breathed out.

“Cut your hair? Why don’t you shave all? You don’t have to worry about taking care of your hair.” Her remarks remind him that he has someone walks behind him; a Princess.

“Then, girls would run away from me. It’s not like I’m being enlisted in army to shave my hair.”

She hummed. “If someone really loves you, she doesn’t care how ugly you are without a hair.”

“You have experience in love, Princess?”

“I don’t know. I never fall in love. I like to observe people rather than be in relationship myself. Oh, we found ourselves a house.”

He was surprised to see a deserted house built in the middle of forest where it’s way too far from the city and people. Sometimes, human tend to choose a very unwisely decision in finding a house and he wonders how long will it take for them to get out from the forest to the nearest city.

It was a wooden house with French window and a closed garage but there is no sign of car around the house. The dry leaves almost covered up the road. There were two tall trees at each side of the house and it’s looks creepy with long twigs that almost reach the attic. Both of them approached the house with heavy heart and it was getting dark. They didn’t have a choice but to ask a person inside for a shelter.

“Be careful, Luhan. Whatever happened, it just only two of us. Be aware.” She whispered, almost near to his ear causing him to tense. His face reddened a bit due to how close she is to him. She pulled her body away and lead the way instead. He stares at her back with disbelief look.

She knocked the door twice and stands back with her arm crossed. She waited patiently for whomever inside opens the door and let them in for a night.

After a few minutes, the door was opened from inside, revealing an old woman who is in middle fifty as she wore a pink sweater and plaid skirt that almost covered her feet. A wrinkle was visible on her forehead. She smiled softly at them.

“Yes?”

“Sorry for disturbing you but unfortunately, we’re stranded in the middle of forest after our car broke down. There is no one around and as we come here; we saw a house and we’re hoping if you let us in for a night. We’ll leave in the very first in the morning.” Princess negotiated with the old lady with soft expression; an expression that is rarely seen by Luhan.

 The old lady nods as she tilted her head to see Luhan who is standing behind Princess with shivering body. “Please, come in. The boy is getting chilly since it’s always cold during night.” She walks inside; allowing both of them to enter with ease.

Seeing the living room, it was a small room with no decorations on the wall except lavender scent lingering around the room but neither of them said anything. They took seat opposite the old lady who is presenting two cups of warm tea.

“Thank you.” Princess said as she takes a sip.

Luhan mimicked her act after that. He burns his tongue a bit because he was too rushing. “Sorry.” He said in apologetic voice. The old lady only laughing dearly but knowing the Princess would be glaring at him, he bows his head in embarrassment.

“I’ve prepared a room for both of you and clean clothes for you to change.”

The Princess nods except Luhan who expressed agony on his face. “A room only? We’re going to share it?”

“Why, yes! There is no vacant room because I filled with my old stuffs. Both of you are couple, right? There is no need to get embarrassing just sharing the room.” She teased them causing his face to become red as tomat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter