Disappear

Closer to me

"Things that I've never meant to say I told you
Thing that you wanted me to say, I never did
And this is burning me inside..."

"Ivy, you will start the work tomorrow" - said Maria turning to me, ignoring shocked faces of me and Moon - "We will be slowly introducing you to everything so you will get time to get used to new timezone, place and the position you will take"

"Thank you very much" - I smiled lightly.

"Kichan, can you take her and boys to Moon's house?. Mrs Kim invited you all to dinner. She wanted to meet Ivy as soon and she will come" - she called on the phone and I overheard Moon sighting "Why nobody in my house tells me anything?". "Maybe because you don't care anyway?" - Sooyoon whispered to his ear, however not close enough for me to not hear it. I looked at him and he's sent me a grin. Then Munkeem dragged my attention away. His expression could both mean that he is pissed and that he is amused... It was always amazing me how thin line it is to tell apart this emotions on his face...

"Ivy-ah, I'm pleased to meet you!" said Kichan in Korean after entering the room. His hair were blonde now. Attractive looks made him look like an idol and I saw many fans swaying over him too.

"I'm pleased to meet you too Ki-oppa!" when he smiled I asked "Can I call you like that?"

"Of course!"

"Please take care of me!" - I bowed.

"When did you learn Korean? You are better than me!" - said James.

"Thank you, but we all know it's not true. I will be counting on you to help me out." I answered smiling at him.

And Ki-oppa shown us the way to the car. As we were walking Moon came closer and asked:

"Will you call me oppa now as well?" 

"Neverrrr" - I said and started walking faster.

"Oh, c'mon with the amount of times you have confessed to me..." - he countinued. My heart jumped but I couldn't let anyone show it. I stopped and faced him.

"Kim Moonchul, Ivy who was a fan, blindly in love with you, does not exist anymore." I tried to sound as confident as possible "I am now part of RP Team and I would be thankful if you would stop dragging the past out as it might disturb proper relations in the company".

My heart was getting crazy and I was hoping he is yet to notice that I clasp my bag in my hands, trying to stop them from trembling.

"We can befriend though, right?" - I felt warm hand on my shoulder. Kind James, always to rescue.

"I guess such relationship would be profitable" - I said.

***

"Does not exist you say?" I was thinking as I was staring on the streetlights through the car window. I don't know why her words made me even more annoyed... Did I felt betrayed? Nahhh it wasn't it. It's not that I was interested in her to begin with. It was rather shocking to see her transformation. Yeah that must be it... I guess James and Sooyoon are dealing with it better since she was mainly my fan, besides she won't be living with them...

***

Car turned into small street next to cozy-looking restaurant. Once Kichan opened the door and intended to show me the way, I had realisation lighting up in my head - Moon's parents' restaurant!

We walked in despite the "closed" sign.

"I'm home!" - Moon eclaimed and lady who I've already seen on photos multiple times came out of the kitchen.

"Welcome!" she looked at me and her eyes warmed up "You must be Ivy! Moon has talked about you a lot"

"He did?" I looked at him raising my eyebrows, but he looked like he hasn't heard. "I'm sorry for troubling you and thank you for taking me in" I bowed.

"Oh! Don't worry about it! It will be really good to have another female at home, now that Joyce has went to US to study".

I thought how Moon must miss her, he was really close with his sister as we were led to the table.

"Thank you a lot once again and please take care of me, Mrs Kim!" 

"Please call me Mom".

I knew this is how the culture here works... I knew it was totally normal to call mothers of your friends like that... But still I couldn't help but to blush and I didn't know how to answer, causing awkward silence. That was finally broken my Moon's Mom.

"Have I done something wrong? Are you feeling well?" - she said, looking worried.

I smiled to her and I shaked my head, trying to put it in words in way that won't make me sink even deeper.

***

Seems that mom liked her. Well, my mom liked most of my fans, but I could see that unspoken string of understanding between them. Well, I probably mentioned Ivy to her few times, mainly because she stood out. Mom was also seeing her posts on fancafe so I guess she already knew here as well as me... It was kind of nice to see them chatting though. Then out of sudden, the girl turned red and she wasn't able to talk... What has my mother told her? I had to listen with more attention...

"It's nothing, I just got hit by cultural dissonance" - she said, quite embarassed - "In Europe, we call 'mom' only our own mother... And our mother in law."

At that moment James looked at me and choked on the water. I sent him killer gaze as Sooyoon was hitting his back to help him to stop coughing.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable" - mom said to her. 

"It's alright. Sometimes the best way to get used to new culture is by shock therapy. I will call you mom then". - she smiled. 

She was quite amazing... Her calmness... Ability to go back to the track fast... It made me want to shake her up...