Drawing the line

Closer to me

"You’re the sweetest dream

Cool as autumn breeze
Everything I need.

But that’s just half the day
Next minute, you’re such a pain!
But that’s the price I pay, Oh~"

TWO MONTHS LATER

The sound of wheels of my suitcase, despite the fact I was always annoyed by it, now was calming. It kept my mind on the ground like an anchor, saving me from being far to scared...

Incheon airport... So beautiful... And so huge. I could easily hide here from everyone and just run away from what I've packed myself into. Some day I'm going to regret this chase after dreams, I feel it in my bones...

I stopped in the middle of arrival hall to look around. Someone from company was supposed to pick me up. 

Then I felt a pat on my shoulder and it made me jump, with my nerves being already on the hightest alert. I turned and faced a girl, or rather a women, she looked few years older than me. 

"Are you Ivy Ange?" I slightly nodded as she continued "My name is Lee Minji and I'm working as fan manager and photographer at AOE, I'm pleased to meet you".

"I'm please to meet you too" I smiled to her, she seemed friendly. "Please take care of me".

"Is it everything you have?" - she looked at my luggage quite surprised by its size.

"Yes, all the rest will be shipped once I will settle down here"

"I see. It's actually convinient in some way as we met some obstacles along, I will explain you on the way."

***

"New manager? Again?!" - I expressed my disagreement openly. "You gotta be kidding, we keep on changing managers and now you are telling us that new one is girl, younger than us, foregineer and with no experience?!"

"Kichan is still going to take care of you" - Maria said looking at our current manager, sitting on the chair next to her - "But you do know that you are getting more and more individual schedules and your fanbase is growing. We need more staff"

I was about to say something but I felt that James is putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's quite unlikely of you to get someone with no experience in the field at all" - he stated - "What made you choose that person?"

Maria sighted, closed her eyes for a moment and then looked at us

"Her competency has no flaw. And on the top of that we do know that she is trustworthy and she will try to balance what is the best for you with what is the best for your fans. Plus she will for sure provide brand new insight on our work."

"How come you know?" Sooyoon added.

"You know her. She's one of your fans."

***

"So what you mean is that I was supposed to get a flat but company signed another artist from overseas and had to provide accomodation?" - I asked looking at Minji, who was driving the car.

"Yes. And by now we can't find place to rent that would be close enough to the office as you need to be able to get there fast anytime it will be needed. If you were a male we'd just locate you with James and Sooyoon but..."That was completely understandable.

"So what will happen with me?"

"For the time being you will stay at hotel. Only for few days though. CEO found you a room."

"A r0om?"

"Yeah, you will be living with some family she is friends with, she will explain it to you"

With a family?! I almost released a moan out of my mouth. As much as I spent whole my life living in one house with a lot of people from my family, I loved my private space... Idea of living with a stranger seemed scary... I was liking whole concept of coming here less and less....

***

I was tapping my knee with anticipation. On the side I caught Sooyoon doing the same. I smilied lightly spotting this habit of musicans.

After Maria revealed our manager to be was a fan she refused to give us any more details. I had some suspicions though. The ones that started growing around 2 months ago. And I was confused between wanting to know that person better and not wanting to show myself in off-stage mode to her...

***

We have stopped by the hotel so I could refresh myself and leave my luggage. I dressed up in smart style, black skirt and white shirt and braided my hair, only leaving loose long fringe, slightly covering my eyes. I looked in the mirror. My confidence was so high that I could trip over it. I sighted and went to meet up with Minji who was waiting for me.

It wasn't long journey to get from hotel to the company. We went to the CEO room and for a moment I considered how diverse from my emotions back then are the ones now. But then Minji knocked the door and we walked in.

First person I spotted in the room was James. He looked at me for few seconds, like searching for something in his mind then, as if he has found it, he smiled brightly. I sent him back a shy smile. Sooyoon's face carried small smile, as he was yet to quite understand what is going on. Then my eyes wandered to Moon and as our eyes locked he said:

"Hi Ivy"

"Hi Moon" I replied with slightly trembling voice "Hi Sooyoon, Hi James. Long time no see..."

"This is your new manager" - interrupted Maria - "I think you don't need introductions"

"Please take care of me!" I bowed.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You should take care of us too" - said James. Just like he knew how much nervous I was, he gently lead me to the chair. All the time I could feel Moon's stare burning a hole in my head.

***

I had her sitting next to me, about to be part of my crew and I didn't know if I should be mad or I rather should be laughing.

Out of all people she was at the same the 1st and the last one I would like to see working with me. I was aware of the way she felt about me, unsure how well she can handle it. But I was also aware of how well she knows all the odds of our job and our fandom better than anyone... Not to mention that something about her was kind of disturbing me... Not in painful way though. It was just like a feeling of constand needing to run...

***

CEO explained the situation with my accomodation as we sat down. 

"We can't place her living in the dorm with males only, that's out of the question" - she said "That's why I asked around and we figured out the best option until we will find you a flat. For the time being you are going to live with Moon's family"

"WHAT?!" - I am quite unsure which one of us screamed louder at this moment.

"Why I had no idea about it?!" - said Moon.

"You parents volunteered but they insisted to not tell you as you would be against it"

"Well, I am, but knowing my parents they will do what they want anyway..."

"I'm sorry to barge in like that...." - I said quietly.

"It's okay" - James patted my shoulder - "It will be fine, Moon's mom will love you".

"Don't worry about it too much" - said Sooyoon.

Oh great, not only I will be living with strangers. I will be living with him as well... 

***

At my house... She will be living with me...