Chapter 3

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words in italics : Flashback

“I think the shades you are putting on is blurring your vision because it seems like you're mistaking me as Kim Hye Jeon. If you are really that desperate for attention, go find your own girlfriend and just let an innocent person here live a peaceful life.”

A deep chuckle escaped his slightly parted lips, the tone filled with anything but friendliness and sincerity. I narrowed my eyes, sending him a piercing glare. I didn’t get what so funny about my own statement to be worth a chuckle.

I saw him lifting up his right hand and I eyed him cautiously before I realized the next move his gesture was indicating. I should give myself a credit this time for the quick reflex as I caught the item before it hit my face.

“Hye Jeon won’t be happy if she sees that. Now that I’ve returned it, you can do anything you want with it.”

I took a quick glance at the cold metal resting in my grip before I turned my attention back to him. Now that I had realized he was trying to erase whatever memories still left behind, I could feel a strange feeling inside me. I wasn’t sure what it was but I refused to identify it as disappointment.

“Look, I’m trying to offer a reconciliation here since I can see how much you seem to hate me. But if you don’t feel like it, I’m not going to force you to get on my car. Be careful on your way home, chae.”

Just as he finished his words, I was back alone again, watching his vehicle moving in an incredible speed before disappearing into the right corner of a familiar block. I didn’t waste any more time trying to grasp the hidden meaning behind his statement. His so-called ‘reconciliation’ didn’t sound like one to me because every sane person would have been able to detect a heavy sarcasm in the way he was spouting it.

Strolling down the busy street, I raised my right hand and examined the familiar item for the second time. Past memories flooding in as I recalled the day I first landed my eyes on the silver-plated chain.

 

“You should’ve gone for an audition, you know.”

Catching his breath, the boy collapsed onto the wooden floor, one arm resting on his forehead and his eyes squeezed shut. There was a momentary silence but he could already imagine the stare from the other person in the room without having to confirm it through his vision. Feeling his pulse gradually slowed down to steady beats, he sat himself up, settling himself as close as possible to the only other person in the room.

“It’s easier said than done, chae.”

The girl knew she should have focused on his words but having him so close to her made her sole attention set on her racing heartbeat instead.

“Chae?”

“Hmm?” Afraid he would have misunderstood her concentration as ignorance, she turned her head abruptly only to regret ever doing so once she met those beautiful orbs of his. Because she knew, it would only make it folds harder for her to think straight.

A light-hearted chuckle escaped his thin lips. It was so captivating she could feel warmth embracing her whole being, brightening up her mood and day.

“You must be all tired and bored sitting here and waiting for me to finish practice. Let’s go.” He stood up and looked at her, a smile still lingering on his lips as he stretched an arm in front of her. “I’ll drive you home.”

She hesitated. She didn’t want to leave just yet. Who said she was all bored and tired? She was too busy admiring his flexible and sharp moves, his torso swinging in rhythm with the R&B music, giving an impression of a professional dancer. She could have sworn that he was amazing and she wondered why he didn’t seem to have a plan to treat it more than just a mere hobby to kill the time.

“I’m not bored.” She frowned, not liking the fact that he had mistaken her current state of nervosity as something else.

Again, she was rewarded with that lovely eye smile. “Well, that’s a relief but we still gotta to leave. It’s late and they’re going to lock the room soon. Come on.”

The girl glanced at the only wall clock hanging at the centre of the enormous mirror, a quarter past six. She didn’t even realize that it was getting dark ouside, the sun set gave way to beautiful gradient of red, orange, and yellow paint in the evening sky. Time sure flew fast and when she eventually decided to take the person’s hand, she knew the reason why lately she had been feeling that twenty four hours a day weren’t enough.

“So how do you feel? Ready for tomorrow’s performance?”

The couple walked side-by-side along the pathway surrounded by the vast grass field, closing the distance between them and the school gate as they sauntered towards it. There weren’t many students left in the property. Considering how dark they sky was getting, they probably were one of those last ones to leave.

“Of course.”

His cheeky smile was returned with her own shy one and she threw one playful slap onto his arm. “Cocky."

He responded with one wriggle of his eyebrows and the two burst out into laughter before he struck another conversation. “You’re going to be there, aren’t you?”

“Hmm..we’ll see. It'll depend on whether I can squeeze it in between my tight schedule.”

“Tchh, what sort of schedule are you talking about? I don’t remember us agreeing on dates this week.”

A teasing smirk played on her lips as she casually retorted “It’s not like my life revolves only around you, Sehun. And even if I don’t have any upcoming dates with you, it doesn’t mean I don’t have any with someone else.”

A proud smirk lit her face when she noticed a change in his expression. “Yah!! Are you cheating on me?”

Instead of replying, she quickened her steps, turning one last time to him to shout “I have to stop by somewhere. You don’t have to drive me home today. Go home and rest. Tomorrow’s your big day.”

He didn’t even have the chance to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter