Chapter 22

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You do realise that just because you told me about this place doesn’t mean you own it, right?”

When he noticed how my feet remained stuck the ground, Sehun’s expression dimmed, his forehead deeply creased as his eyebrows pulled together. I could sense that his patience was running thin.

“You might not like what you’ll see.” I blurted, my grip subconsciously tightened around the meal I was holding as if I was afraid that someone would steal it away from me.

“And why is that so?” His tensed facial muscles relaxed a little, his dark eyes reflecting curiosity.

I remained silent, pondering over where and how to start.

“Did you not hear me, chae?” He emphasised in a low intimidating voice as he leaned down closer until his face was eye level with mine. I gulped at the close proximity, so close that I could actually breathe in his scent. It’s not even a cologne just his Oh Sehun scent that smelled like a mixture of aftershave, fresh leaves and peppermint which was probably his shower gel.

So I stood there, trapped between him and the glass door for a few seconds that felt like forever before he straightened up his posture and stretched his arm out to grab the stainless steel handle behind me. Without uttering a single word he shoved me aside, his body bumping up against me. I winced a little. Jeez, that dude’s body as hard as rock.

I trailed behind him. As much as I wanted to feign ignorance and just walked away, I couldn’t risk the high chance of the two guys trying to kill each other.

“What the actual ?” Sehun exclaimed, causing the couple to turn around and cease their activity immediately.

“Sehun!” Kim Hye Jeon squealed, instantly jumping off the guy’s lap with her hands fumbling with the buttons on her shirt as she struggled to fix her uniform. That Tae Yong guy, on the other hand, was completely calm, a taunting smirk on his face as he buckled his belt.

Throwing his arms in the air, Sehun growled “What the was that supposed to mean, Kim Hye Jeon?”

“Sehun it’s not like what you think. I…”

“So we haven’t talked in a few days then you decided to fool around with this bastard?” He barked furiously and I stood still behind Sehun as I watched Kim Hye Jeon’s frightened expression.

“Hey watch your mouth Oh Sehun! What did you just call me?” Lee Tae Yong  rose from the bench, ready to launch an attack if it’s not for Kim Hye Jeon holding him back.

“Shut the up! I’m not talking to you.” This time, it was Sehun who looked like he had reached the outer limit of his patience. 

He shifted his attention back on the blondie “Are you mute, Kim Hye Jeon? I’m sure you heard me. Care to explain?”

The girl squeezed her eyes shut, her hands clenched tightly around the hem of her skirt. Forcing her eyes back open, she shrieked “What did you expect me to do then? You told me to keep a distance from you while you work on your plan to make everyone believe that she’s your girlfriend so that she can suffer.”

I couldn’t believe what I had heard so I stared blankly at Kim Hye Jeon who was furiously pointing her finger at me as I let her words sink in. I glanced at the guy beside her who had a slightly dazed look on his face as if he was just as clueless as I was about whatever Kim Hye Jeon had been ranting on.

A bitter chuckle escaped her lips “These few days we were apart have you ever once called or texted me, Sehun? I get it if you don’t want to be seen talking to me at school but what about after school? Did you even try to contact me? I bet you didn’t even care if I’m dead. I was always there to satisfy your needs but do I get the same in return? No!”

She shook her head before she continued “Until I began talking to Tae Yong again and for once feel like I’m treated right as a woman. It takes two to build a relationship, Oh Sehun. Yes I’m attracted to you, I’ve been crushing on you but why should I stay loyal like a dog knowing that you will never do the same?”

Sehun’s shoulders heaved up and down as if he was trying hard to control his anger.

She exhaled a long, exasperated sigh “You can’t blame me, Sehun. All along you have treated me nothing more than a friend with benefit.”

There was a silence following the end of her long rant, the atmosphere thick with tension. I fidgeted under the awkwardness, realising that I shouldn’t probably be there at all. But then if I hadn't, how would I know about Oh Sehun’s plan on turning the whole school against me? Upon registering that, I started to feel my insides burn with an immense rage towards the mastermind behind the whole scheme.

“Don’t ever show your face in front of me again!” 

That was all the response she got after pouring her hearts out, her head hanging low when he spat out the words in the most intimidating tone I’ve ever heard in my life. I immediately retracted a step back when he turned around abruptly, glancing at me briefly with his signature indifferent demeanor which held a mix of fury and something else I couldn’t pinpoint. 

Our eyes met for a second but it didn’t take long as he tore the gaze right away and stormed of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter