Chapter 5

The Little Merman

A/N: Yay a chapter!

 

“…so what do we do now,” Joonmyeon said quietly.

“Hyung, I-I’m so sorry-”

Joonmyeon shook his head. “Don’t be sorry, I should have realized I was disposable. But…Sehun-ah…are you okay?”

Sehun felt a familiar lump in his throat as his Hyung looked at him, concerned. He shook his head. “Honestly, I’m not okay. I’m scared and…and I feel ashamed.” He felt tears welling up again.

Now Joonmyeon shook his head. “Don’t be ashamed, not in front of me.”

“You’ve heard my crime. My only regret is that you were roped into this.”

“Yes, I heard your crime…and while I’m not sure how to react to it, I do believe the King handled it poorly and even I could clearly see the Orb was withholding the real truth.”

“Are you mad?”

“The idea will take some getting used to and who knows? Maybe you will change while we’re here.” I highly doubt that. “Either way, I’m not going to give up our friendship over something like this…just allow me some time to get used to the idea and forgive me if I am rude.”

Sehun nodded. “You’re the best Hyung,” he was about to pat Joonmyeon on the shoulder, but stopped, thought better of it, and let his hand drop. “…I don’t know if this helps Hyung, but I only love one man, not all men in general. And I only realized it two years ago.”

“Well I would hope you would only love just one person, otherwise I’d have to lecture you about your promiscuity!” They both laughed at the sheer oddity of the joke and lay back in the sand for a bit. The tide was going out so the water no longer touched their bodies. “What do we do now,” Joonmyeon asked.

Sehun sat up onto his (. It could be an too…) and looked at the appendages for the first time. Like his torso they were long and pale and slightly muscled just like his biceps. Joonmyeon’s legs were covered entirely by his cloak which now went past his toes. Sehun wiggled his toes and he felt the sensation all throughout his legs. “I think first things first; we need to learn how to use these things.”

Joonmyeon nodded at the practicality and carefully uncovered his legs from the knees down. He wiggled his toes too and his eyes grew wide. “T-they’re moving!” The two spent at least an hour bending their toes, rotating their ankles and moving around in general. Sehun massaged his legs and Joonmyeon’s legs to get used to the feeling of them. At around 5 he and Sehun crawled over to the rocks and began trying to stand.

“This is really hard,” Sehun said as he used the rocks to help him balance. It didn’t help that the beach was on a slope, but the slope wasn’t too steep so they were both grateful. After another painful thirty minutes, Sehun managed to balance upright on his own two feet and Joonmyeon was able to balance by holding onto a rock nearby. It was only when Sehun looked down at himself when he noticed a new anatomical feature that he’d only seen in Luhan’s textbooks. This is the reasons males wear boxers and pants…it makes sense now. “Uum…Joonmyeon-hyung, would you mind if I cut off a little bit of your cloak?”

“Why?”

“Um…it’s too long for you now, you could step on it and fall.” Trip. It’s called tripping.

Joonmyeon nodded and he used Sehun as a crutch as the younger took two or so feet off the bottom of the cloak. It was now short enough that Sehun could see his ankles. It looked a little odd, but at least Joonmyeon wouldn’t trip and Sehun would have something to cover his lower body. He tied it off on the side and looked up. It was getting late and the sun would be going down soon. We need to get in touch with Luhan…we need to go to his mom’s hostel. He looked around and he was able to make out which roof was hers.

“C’mon Joonmyeon-hyung, we should go.”

“Go where? We have nowhere to go.”

“I guess I should tell you my other big secret then…I made friends with a human.”

“You WHAT?!”

“Nevermind that now!”

“No, not ‘nevermind that’ this is important! Do you know how dangerous that could be?!”

“Luhan is not dangerous! Anyway the point is that he’s human and now so are we. He can help us!”

“Help us how?!” Conveniently Joonmyeon’s stomach growled loudly and he frowned at the sound.

“Well he could help us find food for a start.”

Joonmyeon sighed. “I guess that’s the only plan we have now…where do we find him?”

“I know where his house is.” Sort of. “It’ll require some walking, but we have to learn that anyway right?”

Joonmyeon nodded, although he didn’t look reassured. Standing was hard but walking was an entirely exhausting experience. The sand swallowed their feet and made them slow and the rocks became more scarce as they walked further up towards the road. After another grueling twenty minutes Sehun and Joonmyeon reached the road. Unlike the sand it was hard, but there were rocks digging into their feet which made it uncomfortable. It was then they realized another problem.

“Joonmyeon-hyung, what’s wrong?” His Hyung was sweating and looked pale.

“My-my back hurts.” Realization washed over Sehun and he was filled with horror. Of course! Joonmyeon was supported by water around him but now he has to support his own weight! The weight of his head and torso on his spine…and his legs…Sehun bit his lip. “We have to hurry, I have a feeling walking will be painful for you.”

“Why?”

“Nevermind that now. Put your hand on my shoulder and use me to help you walk okay? I’ll lead us there.” He felt a hand slap his right shoulder and he almost buckled at the unexpected weight of Joonmyeon’s hand. Nonetheless he regained his balance and slowly began walking the both of them towards where he hoped he could find Luhan.

 

A/N: It's a jungle out there...hehehe. Sorry for spelling errors, I didn't proofread.