Chapter 13

The Little Merman

Both Xi-eomma and Sehun were done with dinner by the time they came down, but luckily neither of them said anything about it. Instead, they were watching some cheesy Wednesday-Thursday drama involving a guy with multiple personalities. They ate quietly, with Yixing pointing out certain foods and still occasionally feeding Joonmyeon from his spoon. When they were done, Yixing offered to help with the dishes. Joonmyeon agreed, but only on the condition that the other boy would let him help him when it was his turn to do dishes.

Sehun was punctual like last night. At about 8 o’clock (when Xi-eomma dragged Joonmyeon over to do his feet) Sehun grabbed the map, a flashlight, and went to the door to put on his shoes. “I’m off,” he called.

“Alright,” Xi-eomma said. Yixing glanced at her curiously. “He’s going to pick up Luhan.” Yixing nodded and sat back to watch the news, not saying anything.

This time Sehun was more confident walking in his newly acquired sneakers. He still almost made the wrong left turn, but he found the bus stop a lot faster than he did the day before. He kept himself busy by reading the bus schedule and the stops. The bus finally made the turn and he waited under the hut for the vehicle to stop. This time he noticed multiple girls staring out the window as he waited for Luhan to get off. Like the day before, Luhan was one of the last to exit but he smiled when he saw the younger. Sehun automatically took the bag from him.

This time however, Luhan seemed determined to give Sehun a heart attack. The older rubbed his head and grabbed his left hand with his right, interlacing their fingers. He leaned over to Sehun and spoke softly, “Just for a little while, okay?” ing hell, you can do this forever if you want. I’m not gonna complain. He nodded, with a smile. He glanced at the girls and some were groaning, others looked disappointed and one or two even looked envious. They started walking silently until the bus pulled away. Luhan waited until the bus was out of sight before exhaling deeply.

“Phew. Those girls…I swear!” He let go of Sehun’s hand, only to have it snatched back by the younger. He gave him a confused glance.

“Um…I still need a hand with balance-”

“Oh, I get it. Good idea, holding hands is less weird than grabbing onto my arm.”

“You could have suggested it too you know, since you are human.”

Luhan laughed. “True. So I guess I should probably explain the hand grabbing and head patting.”

“Hey, I don’t mind.” Really I don’t. “But some warning would be nice beforehand.”

Luhan sighed dramatically. “Can’t you trust your Hyung?” Sehun gave him a look. “Okay fine. Remember those girls from yesterday? They caught on yesterday. They said we were putting on a show.”

“Well we were.”

“Point is, they said they would stop asking me out if I was in a relationship. And hand holding was the most relationship-y thing I could think of.”

“Hyung, that’s stupid.”

“Hey, if they flirted with you as much as they do with me you’d do anything to make them stop.”

“Why haven’t you told them you’re gay?”

“As if that would deter them.”

“Really?!”

“Yeah.”

They talked more about human relationships which lasted them until the front door. Luhan let go of his hand before opening the door. “You’re walking a lot better now,” he mumbled. Sehun smiled and they went in.

Yixing had gone up to study for a while and Luhan joined him after eating a small meal. Yixing was off tomorrow so he could sleep in for a bit, but he still had to study for his finals which started next week. Sehun and Luhan went up after putting away the leftovers to shower and begin their own type of studying. This time, Luhan had leant them his phone so that Sehun could explain about the internet and smart phones. Around 11 pm Sehun knocked on Luhan’s door to give back his phone. “Come in.” Sehun opened the door and he was sure that the gods were conspiring against him. Luhan was in the middle of shrugging off his sweatshirt and had gotten his head stuck…somewhere…

Sehun took a deep breath and pretended it didn’t bug him in the least that his crush was taking off his clothes. “Hyung, you doing okay in there?”

“ing help me already!” Sehun laughed and helped the other pull his shirts off. Luhan flipped his hair back and snatched his shirts back from Sehun, sticking his tongue out at him. Sehun tried to laugh it off, but after glancing at Luhan’s abs (by accident, totally by accident) his laugh came out as a weak smile and a ‘heh’.

“What?” Luhan was apparently oblivious to the other’s internal combustion and was stretching in the middle of the room. Sehun tried to play it off by cocking his head to the side like he usually did when he was thinking. Luhan picked up on this and looked down at his chest, realizing he hadn’t put a shirt on. He grinned up at Sehun mischievously and spread his arms dramatically. “Go ahead and look Sehun-ah. Observe your Hyung’s manly body.”

Sehun snorted. “Says the guy with cotton candy hair.”

“Hey, I lost a bet! And I have to dye it back this weekend. Want to help me pick a color?”

“Sure,” he said. He glanced at Luhan, who still hadn’t moved from the embarrassing pose. “You’ve been working out, Hyung.”

“You noticed? Awesome! Come here, let’s compare. Take off your shirt.” Luhan pulled him over to the full length mirror next to his window. He tried to pull up Sehun’s shirt, then paused. He had glanced at Sehun’s face and saw him biting his lip, obviously uncomfortable. He let go of the other’s shirt immediately. “Is it awkward?”

“Huh?”

“Some guys are uncomfortable with it, I know I was for a while.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m a guy, you’re a guy, we both like guys, and I’m shirtless. Is this weird for you?”

“Hyung, where I’m from no one knows what shirts are.” But yes, it is awkward but please don’t put your shirt back on.

“Oh, right. So it’s okay then?”

“What is?”

“Being shirtless around you?”

everything, mission abort. Sehun smiled. “I’m barely surviving in the presence of your oozing manliness. Now here’s your phone. Sleep well, Hyung.”

Luhan laughed and shrugged on another shirt. “Night. I’ll be home earlier tomorrow.”

“Because of your practical right?”

“Right. Will you still come to walk me home?”

It’s not a date, it’s not a date… “I think my schedule says I’m free.” Luhan snorted. “What time should I go to the bus stop?

“The bus arrives at 5:05, take your time.”

Sehun nodded and then closed the door. He exhaled and went back to his room. If this was how six months were going to last, he was sure he was going to need some form of stress relief.

 

A/N: Lil thing! Hope you enjoy and happy Monday/Tuesday!