One Step Closer

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few hours later, Sehun showed up by slamming the front door. Jinri was in her room, curled up on the window seat and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes at his display of anger. Sometimes, he acted like such a child. Knowing that the first thing he’d do was try to find her, she sighed as he entered the room, looking as if he wanted to kill her in that moment.

 

“I actually thought you knew how to knock. At least that would have made you the slightest little bit different from the average caveman.” She sighed dramatically, shaking her head in a mocking manner. “I guess I was wrong, wasn’t I?”

 

“Where were you?” He asked, his black eyes piercing through her.

 

“Well, hello to you, too.” But she really couldn’t care less about that.

 

“Don’t with me, Jinri. Where. Were. You?” He gritted his teeth, already annoyed. He really didn’t have time for her games right now, even though he knew he should have expected something like that from her.

 

“I was at a café, with a friend. I already told you that.” But she failed to notice that that wasn’t the answer he was searching for and he failed to notice the sincerity and resignation she had spoken with.

 

“What is your problem?”

 

“My problem?” She asked disbelievingly, frowning in confusion. “You’re the only one here who was one, Sehun, and you know it!”

 

“The only problem I have is that my wife is spending her nights in clubs, that mornings find her in the beds of some men she probably doesn’t even know and that she doesn’t even have the courage to admit it to me!” He shouted, unconsciously moving one step closer to her.

 

“Are you kidding me? Where did you get that idea from? I came home last night, fine, I don’t remember how exactly that happened but I did, and I’m sure that I didn’t stop on my way home to anybody!” She yelled, anger bubbling in her system.

 

“You didn’t answer the phone!” Sehun was pointing out by shouting, obviously.

 

“Because I was not home!” She shouted back.

 

“See?”

 

“You need to see a psychologist. You’re aware of that, aren’t you?” She asked, but was rudely ignore by him, who now seemed to have regained his straightforwardness.

 

“Who is he? You went out last night. With whom?” He asked, taking another step forward. She was shocked, to say at least. Of all the things he could have asked her, she would have never thought of that. She wasn’t sure what that statement triggered inside her, she wasn’t sure what kind of effect it had on her.

 

“Are you jealous, Oh Sehun?” Jinri asked, her voice soft even though her expression remained unchanged.

 

“Because of you?” He asked, his voice a lot quieter than it had been a few minutes ago but still as harsh. “In your wildest dreams, perhaps.”

 

None of them noticed just how close they were at this point; only a few inches separated their faces from touching. But then again, none of them had actually noticed when or how they had gotten this close, having been too caught up in their argument to notice what was happening around them.

 

“I’ll tell you then: it’s not. And for your information--” She spoke again, moving even closer to him. “Last night, I went out with the girls, not with ‘he’.”

 

Sehun blinked. Maybe he had overreacted a little bit. Maybe he should have investigated a bit before jumping to conclusions. But still, he might have not been completely wrong. “I’ll take you that you found a man to anyway, then?”

 

“Does your life revolve around that or what?” The only thing she got in response to her question was a glare. “No?” She asked with fake innocence, pretending to be surprised. “You could have fooled me, you know? me, show me that you’re dominant, whatever you want to call it!” She added upon seeing the look he gave her.

 

“I don’t know about you, but I’d better die rather than  you!” He spat, glaring.

 

“My thoughts exactly.” She spat back.

 

“Fine!” He exclaimed, before turning around and making his way out of the room.

 

“Perfect!” She yelled after him, just as the door slammed shut behind him. She flopped down onto her bed and grabbed a nearby pillow, hastily throwing it on the ground. Crossing her arms over her chest, she straightened her back and proceeded to glare intensely at the wall in front of her.

~•~

 

Jinri was the most annoying being he’d ever met. Sehun couldn’t even find the right words to describe her. She even ignored him when she came downstairs and made her way to the kitchen, coming back from there with a glass of orange juice. For a moment, he thought she was going to go back to her room, but he was proved wrong only a few moments later, when her phone rang.

 

“The one with that weird name?” He heard her ask, and he strained his ears to hear more. “Yeah, I know. There’s one of those at the mall, too, isn’t it?” Drinking the last of her juice, she made her way in the kitchen again, unconsciously ruining his plan; annoyed with the sudden interruption and not able to make out a thing from her now muffled voice. He stood up and quietly made her way out of his office, following the path his wife had taken.

 

“Yes, I know where it is.” She said and he wondered whether they were talking about the same thing. “At eight? Okay, I’ll be there. For the last time, Sunyoung, I own a car, okay? I’ll manage just fine. See you there!”

 

“You’re out of your mind you think you’re going out again tonight.” Those words were out of his mind. She didn’t even have a chance to place her phone back into her pocket, not to mention turn around. When she finally did so, he could defia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter