Putting Us Back Together

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Sehun drove home from his parents, his thoughts consisted of his wife. He couldn’t know what Jinri was thinking and he decided to stay positive. Maybe she was already home, waiting for him so that they could finally put some order into this whole mess. However, as soon as he pulled into the driveway of his house, he was just deluding himself. He recognized the car parked next to his even though he had only seen it once before.

 

“Sehun! Where’s Jinri? I’ve been ringing the doorbell for like ten minutes but no one’s answering! She isn’t home!” She exclaimed, her voice tinted with worry.

 

“I know she isn’t home. We had a fight and she got mad. I haven’t heard of her ever since this morning.” He explained. He had expected her to think rationally like she usually did and come back home so that they could finally have discussion.

 

“I don’t know what you did this time but I swear to God, if she does something stupid because of it, you’re going to be sorry!” Those were the last words she said to him before turning around and getting in her car; seconds later, she was already out of sight.

 

Sehun blinked. Shaking his head, he tried to clear his racing mind as he entered the house. As soon as he got to the living room and saw that the couch was empty, he gave up. Every time they fought, he would find her there, sitting on the couch. Neither of them would say a thing until the next day when they would find a reason to pick a fight again.

 

He found himself unable to pass by her room without taking a quick peek inside. Everything was exactly how she had left it, neat and organized. He was just about to turn around when something caught his eye. His eyes narrowing slightly upon realizing that was actually his wife’s phone. Jinri never went anywhere without her phone and her car keys. Something was off, he realized. Sunyoung had lied to him although he had no proof but he knew it.

 

With a sigh and a slight shake of his head, Sehun threw the phone back on the bed and turned around, only to freeze again upon hearing it ring. He didn’t hesitate at all as he grabbed it once more and flipped it open. However, the person on the other line didn’t let him say a word as she began speaking as soon as he pressed the accept button. 

 

“Jinri! Thank God you answered! Did you manage to get out of there?” A voice he knew all too well exclaimed, sounding relieved. 

 

“Get out from where?” He couldn’t help but ask, a deep frown taking over his features.

 

“Sehun?” And when he did, it certainly wasn’t what he would have wanted to hear; although he knew he should have expected something like that.

 

“Where is she, Sunyoung?” He asked, all trace of doubt gone from his mind and heart. She knew where his wife was and he’d be damned if he let her get away with it.

 

“What do you mean?” But it seemed like for some reason or another, she wanted to keep playing stupid.

 

“You know where she is. Tell me.” He stated confidently, trying hard not to lose his composure.

 

“For the last time, I don’t know where she is! And even if I did, I would never tell you!” Sunyoung spat.

 

Resisting the urge to punch something, Sehun took a deep breath in an effort to calm down and clear his head of any murderous thoughts. Getting angry would get him nowhere especially since the woman wasn’t even in front of him, to begin with. So he decided to try a different approach, no matter how out of character that made him look.

 

“Look, Sunyoung. I’m sure you know how things are between me and Jinri. I--“

 

“Yes, I know perfectly well how much of a ing you are!” She exclaimed, cutting him off. 

 

“Fine, don’t tell me!” That was the moment when he would have liked to end the call and slam the phone into the nearest wall. But he found himself unable to do so. Because there was something tugging at his heart, something he just couldn’t have left unsaid, no matter how much he would have liked to. “Just take care of her. Wherever she is.” He said, his voice softer, calmer.

 

He was unaware of the fact that just a few meters away, hiding behind the half-opened bathroom door, someone was smiling, trying hard to refrain from squealing by biting her lip, remember what exactly caused her to make the decision of leaving when she had all she needed right here, in this house.

~•~

 

“So, you’re telling me that your wife has left you?” Zitao asked, an almost incredulous edge to his voice. He had sensed something off from the very first moment Sehun stepped through the doors of the company three days ago, looking like he hadn’t slept in a week and trying to get something out of him.

 

“No. I’m not telling you that Jinri has left me. I’m telling you that she isn’t home.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“And that she’s been missing for the past three days.” He countered, resisting the urge to point out just how childish his reaction had been and then rolled his eyes as Sehun’s only reply was a grunt. “Why did she leave?” He asked soon after.

 

“Because she’s annoying, that’s why. We fought and she just stormed off.” He grumbled and leaned back into his seat, crossing his arms over his chest in an almost childish manner.

 

“I take it she left because you did something stupid.” Zitao wasted no second in saying, a knowing look in his eyes.

 

“That is entirely irrelevant.” He proclaimed, glaring lightly at him. Then he paused and rethought his answer. “It was Seulgi’s fault.” He finally said, deciding that he had nothing to lose if he let Zitao know the details of what had truly happened between him and his wife.

 

“What did she do this time?” He asked.

 

“She appeared out of nowhere, right when I was finally getting somewhere with Jinri and claimed that I had sent her a message, asking her to accompany me to your wedding. As if all that wasn’t enough, she told Jin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter