Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The two of them spent a little time with the Oh’s family. Soojung being Zitao’s cousin was seated at the same table with Jongin. Sehun and Jinri ended up sitting right across from them which basically led to a glaring contest. When she leaned into his side, affectionately nestling her head in the crook of his neck and he didn’t kiss her hair like he usually did.

 

“Care to accompany me somewhere?” She asked, struggling to keep her feelings from showing in her voice. He grunted and immediately stood up, obviously not having the minimal intention of leaving her side.

 

They made their way away from the crowd to the back of the garden. She watched her surroundings, her eyes eagerly taking in the change of scenery. It was only a moment later when she felt her husband closing in behind her, his chest to her back; resting his forehead on the slender curve of her neck, he once again breathed in the soft smell of her perfume.

 

“What is the matter with you?” Jinri asked quietly after a few moments of peaceful silence, knowing that she could not postpone this conversation any longer.

 

“I don’t understand.” Sehun replied and for the first time, she could have sworn she could hear his confusion.

 

“You keep glaring at everybody. And you’re doing it all because of me. I am sure of that.” She took a moment to contemplate her answer before speaking just as quietly as before.

 

“Please, Jinri! Have you not noticed how everybody was looking at you? You captured the attention of every single male attending the wedding when you walked into the scene.” He then scoffed when he noticed her puzzled expression.

 

“So, I was right. You are jealous.” She concluded immediately.

 

“I am not jealous. But the others need to be made aware of that. When we get home tonight, I’m going to give you your wedding band back.” He did not quite understand why she avoided meeting his eyes after he said that. It certainly wasn’t the reaction he had expected from her. A light gush of warm wind blew past them, sending her hair tumbling over her shoulders and falling into her eyes. Without a second thought, he reached out with his hand to gently brush the locks away, only to have her roughly swap it away.

 

“I don’t like this side of you. You’re glaring at every man who’s looking at me, who’s talking to me, no matter who that man might be.” With that, she swiftly turned back around, forcing him to take a step back.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m possessive and you don’t like it.” He whispered, genuinely regretful of having caused this situation.

 

“It’s not that I don’t like it. It’s just that you’re exaggerating. You have no reason to doubt me because you know I would never cheat on you.” She paused, breathing in shakily. “I’m scared this will end up ruining everything we’ve tried so hard to build.”

 

No sooner had those words gotten out of that Sehun already wrapped his arms around her, his face burying itself in the crook of her neck. Whether this action was supposed to soothe him or his wife, he did not know.

~•~

 

Later that night, Sehun expertly pulled into the driveway of their house. Jinri wondered how he always managed to remain calm behind the wheel. She still had difficulty parking sometimes and her driving was still rather jerky, despite all the years of experience she had. But everything seemed so naturally to her husband; he seemed to be good at everything. Thankfully, her husband was there to support her when she slowly got out of the car, nearly tripping over her own feet.

 

“Easy there.” He chuckled, obviously amused and making no effort at all to hide it.

 

“It’s your fault.” She accused him sleepily as she slowly began to make her way across the foyer, bending down for a moment to take her shoes off and tossing them aside. With a sigh and a slight shake of his head, he gathered the items she had left behind and followed her into the living room, throwing them on the couch on which she was currently slumped.

 

“You’re exhausting, you know that? And because of you, my legs are aching!” She told him in a sincere voice as she half-opened her eyes to gaze at him.

 

“Actually, I am quite sure that’s because of your heels.” Upon hearing that, Jinri opened to retort but snapped it back when he sat down next to her, slipping her legs onto his lap. “Do you want me to make you forget about the pain?” He asked, resting his forehead against hers in a playful manner.

 

“I’m here, telling you that I want to go to sleep and you’re-- Stop it!” Her speech was cut off, broken into a laugh as he leaned in even closer Sehun comfortably accommodated himself on top of her, moving her legs so that they rested on either side of his hips, most of his weight being supported by his strong arms.

 

“Do you really want me to stop?” He asked, a playful edge to his voice as he nuzzled her neck, placing butterfly kisses on her soft skin.

 

“Yes!” She replied enthusiastically though he could easily tell she was not being serious. “Sehun, that tickles!” She giggled as her hands found their way into his silky hair.

 

Raising his head, Sehun brought his face closer to hers and kissed her softly, showing no intention of deepening their connection anytime soon. A sudden, sharp intake of breath from Jinri’s part snapped him out of his daze and he instantly broke the kiss, afraid that he might somehow be hurting her without realizing it.

 

“What’s wrong?” He demanded as he sat up, a small frown making its appearance on his features as his eyes narrowed in concern.

 

“Nothing.” She answered after a moment, her voice soft and quiet, tense as though she were holding something back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter