She'll Be Back

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saturday morning was spent in the hotel’s spa and when they got back to their suite, Sunyoung showed them the bridesmaid dresses that been delivered early in the morning. Jinri had to admit that they were beautiful, simple, yet elegant. The only thing left to do was to find matching shoes and the girls immediately got down to business. They returned at the hotel late at night after having had dinner and taken a walk through the busy streets. Each of the girls carrying numerous bags filled with clothes, shoes and accessories.

 

“You should be a designer or something like that. Have you ever like, designed your own stuff?” Soojung asked, sounding genuinely curious.

 

“Yeah. I used to when I was a teenager.” Jinri answered, her mind already thinking back to that time.

 

“Why did you stop? I bet you were super good at it.” Sunyoung’s question brought back memories that had tormented her for years.

 

“I don’t know. I just stopped.” Her answer couldn’t be classified as ‘satisfactory’ but she managed to change the subject before any of the girls could come up with another question. The conversation flowed nicely as Sunyoung told them more details about her wedding.

 

That until the bride-to-be suddenly squealed and shot up from her seat. In a flash, she was on the other side of the restaurant, hugging a man. Thinking it was just an old friend and knowing that she would introduce him to them later, the girls turned back to their conversation but Jinri’s name was loudly yelled, startling and interrupting them once more. Jinri turned around and finally caught a glimpse of the mystery person’s face. She stood up and walked towards them, feeling somewhat happy to see him again. Because of all the members of the Oh’s family, she probably liked him the most, regardless of how little she knew about him.

 

“Hey.” She greeted with a smile as soon as she reached them.

 

Luhan smirked slightly and nodded in return before turning his attention back to Sunyoung, who tugging at the hem of his shirt. Someone called her name again, successfully bringing her back to the present. It wasn’t long until she realized that the voice belonged to Soojung and she was heading towards her, holding her phone.

 

“Your phone is ringing again and it’s pissing me off! I swear, if this man has this much stamina in bed too, then you’re the luckiest girl alive!” She exclaimed as she came to stand in front of her, sounding annoyed. A quick glance to his face told her that he had already realized what was going on. Luhan was very smart and unlike his little brother, who preferred to brood and keep things to himself.

 

“I want to talk to you.” He announced a few moments later, causing Jinri to inwardly groan.

 

“Okay. Go ahead.” She sighed.

 

“Not here. Meet me at Starbucks tonight. We’ll talk there.”

~•~

 

Luhan had always been nice to her. There had been many times when she’d caught herself wondering just how much better everything would have turned out if he had been the one to marry her. She still had no idea what he wanted to talk to her but she figured it must be something personal. She arrived at Starbucks within five minutes and as soon as she pushed the door open, her brother in law was already there. Making her way towards him, she greeted him before sitting down across from him.

 

“So, what was so incredibly important that couldn’t be discussed in front of Sunyoung?” She asked, fully aware of the fact that she’d pretty much left everything to the last minute.

 

“Always so straightforward, aren’t we? Don’t normal people order a coffee or something before launching into asking questions?” Luhan asked, smirking slightly

 

“If that was an offer, then no, thank you. I’ve drunk enough coffee for a lifetime.” She didn’t fail to notice his smirk widening which led her into believing that he probably found it quite amusing. “Going back to the matter at hand, why did you call me here?”

 

“Let’s just say I wanted to get to know my new sister and Sunyoung didn’t have to be there to witness it.”

 

“I wouldn’t call myself new. I’ve been married to your brother for a year.” Jinri said, watching him sceptically.

 

“You’re right.” He agreed, nodding lightly. A few moments later, he finally voiced the real reason for which he had wanted to meet up with her. “How are things between you and Sehun?”

 

“Has it ever occurred to you even if just for a second that Sehun could not be happy when your father forced him to marry someone he barely knew?” She couldn’t help but ask, raising an eyebrow as if silently challenging him to find an answer to her question.

 

“I have always cared about my brother’s happiness, Jinri. I’ve always known that if there was anybody between the two of us that would eventually end up being happy with this arranged marriage that would be Sehun.” He told her pointedly, as if having read her mind.

 

“So that was the reason why you like the caring big brother you’ve always been, decided to step back and let your father pressure him into doing something that would have been yours to do otherwise.” She blinked, pretending to sound innocently surprised though she wasn’t so sure why exactly.

 

“Someone’s bitter. Are you trying to tell me that you would have liked me to marry you?” Luhan remarked teasingly.

 

“No. I’m just trying to understand all this. I had a brother too. And I would have never done something like this to him. Not that I care about what you’ve done, for my life certainly wouldn’t have been any differen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter